“Not my taste in decor, but food was!!!”

Yankee Peddler Tea Room
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jefferson City
“Not my taste in decor, but food was!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I use to go to the tea room when it was a nook in a shop. They moved and space is no longer an issue. The "go nuts" salad is awesome as is everything else I've ever tried. Little sad the got rid of creamy parmesan dressing but poppy seed (new house dressing) was good. Kids meals are decent, but we found getting regular portion was a better deal.
Only bad thing is the decor...it's a country cluttered mess in my opinion. I was sitting under a bed post with rainbow metallic hanging things...I'm not sure what they were going for other then distracting...and other random knickknacks everywhere. Its like an antique store had the stomach flu. Just way too much for me
But all that said it's great food!!! Me and kids like food and service. So I can get past horrible interior design. You don't go out to eat for that anyway. You go for food, and that is WELL worth it

• Visited July 2013

Crestwood, Missouri, United States
“Pleasing lunch spot”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This is the newest rendition of an old favorite, luckily for us. I always like to eat lunch here with a book by myself or with others. The food is plentiful with big salads, sandwiches, soup, or quiche. Lunch for the Garden Club group or a shopping buddy. Try it, you Will like it.

Visited March 2013
st louis
“OK”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stopped for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. It was very busy and there was only one waitress. There wasnt any way she could keep up. Also if you wanted soup and salad or quiche and salad you only could choose the Nutty salad..you could choose another but for a steep upcharge. I find this strange, as so many people have allergies to nuts to make that your "house salad"

I dont think I will return.

• Visited December 2012
Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Very family friendly and great food!!! The "go nuts" salad is amazing! I could eat there every day and never get bored with anything!!! very good!

Visited November 2012
Carthage, Missouri
“Total Tea Room Experience”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Enjoyed the soup and the "Nutty" salad. Sampled the Chicken Salad sandwich and the quiche. Nice portion sizes even though I only saw ladies...enough food for a guy. Cute shabby chic atmosphere.

Visited November 2012