“Food was ok but so expensive!”
Review of Golden Corral

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Ranked #48 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our waitress kept bringing the wrong drinks to us. We would remind her again only to have her bring the exact same drink back to the table. Food was ok but it cost us $10 more to eat here than any other restaurant we ate at on vacation & my husband got a margarita at another place & the bill was still cheaper. Would not be my choice another time.

1  Thank Joy F

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I didn't know that Golden Corral was open for breakfast, but noticed cars outside on Saturday morning. The Golden Corral in Osage Beach is open at 7:30am on Saturday and Sunday for Breakfast buffet. If you arrive before 9:00am, you get your beverages free with a senior discount. ($6.99 was our cost per person). I haven't been to a Golden Corral in years, and generally don't like buffets because the food is not temperature hot enough for my preferences. But I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with this experience.

The wait staff was very attentive with coffee and juice refills, clearing plates, etc. It may have been because I was chatting up the waitress assigned to our section, but she did seem to chat with the other guests as well. The coffee is fair, but nothing really great. (I love good coffee, so I notice taste and aroma.)

The breakfast bar has made-to-order omelets, scrambled eggs with additions of sautéed peppers and onions, mushrooms, and a mystery cheese sauce, 3 types of bacon, sausage patties, links, hashbrowns, biscuits, cream gravy, sausage gravy, cream chipped beef, variety of toast, pancakes, plain or blueberry, French toast, honey buns, cinnamon rolls, donuts, grits. There is also a complete salad bar with fresh fruit; a bar that serves porkchops, grilled steak, fried chicken; and a dessert bar with brownies, peach cobbler, cake and ice cream. Lots of juices, soft drinks, ice tea, coffee.

The interior of the restaurant is very clean. The wait staff keeps the tables cleared and wiped clean. There is no trash on the floor. Cleaned up as soon as the table is cleared. I was pleased with my experience here and will be back next time I am in the area because the food was very good, the wait staff is very friendly and the place is clean. It was a very good value for the price that we paid for an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

2  Thank KSMeadowlark
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This corral does not have much to offer like it did when they first opened. Gone are the fresh salads, tender and rare steaks and side dishes fresh and tasty. Other corrals at other towns have become the same, a place to drive past.

1  Thank Germanguy500
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This Golden Corral is VERY small,& the food was not very hot. The salad bar didn't have much for choices,& the dessert bar,well,I passed on that one!

2  Thank Tinker58
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had assumed most Golden Corrals served pretty much the same menu, but this one had both the traditional dishes, plus some surprises. They served up Asian dishes & a variety of different veggies than I'm used to seeing. All the staff was friendly & helpful. Was disappointed in the dessert part, but really didn't need much after the meal.

1  Thank JenG305