“Food was delicious”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #40 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The waitress was nice and the food was very good. Our wait was short and the food and drinks were brought out quickly. Everything was as we ordered it, the steaks were perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visited this Outback around 6PM on a Thursday, and there weren't many customers, which is typical for the lake area businesses before the summer residents and tourists arrive. It was clean and I was seated immediately. My order was taken promptly and I had bread plus salad within a few minutes. My meal was cooked to my preference, and I was maybe ten minutes into my meal when my waitress buzzed past the table and asked if I'd like a "to go" box for it. I told her no, that I was still enjoying it and she went on to the next table, asking the same thing.

Maybe she was new, maybe she'd had a tiff with a co-worker, but she began to annoy her section (myself included) with her repeated return visits within minutes of each other asking if we wanted our checks and carry out boxes. There was nothing to indicate to her that any of the tables were in any way ready to wrap up businesses, and there wasn't a line waiting out in the lobby for tables, so I have no idea what her deal was.

About the third time she asked me, I politely but firmly told her that I was still very much enjoying my meal and would let her know when I was finished and ready for my check. I also didn't get a refill on my tea, despite asking each time she came by to ask if I wanted a carry out container. She did remember when she picked up my credit card, and brought me a carryout tea. Her tip wasn't as generous as I usually leave and it was simply because I felt that I had been intruded upon and almost pushed out the door.

I regularly visit the lake area about every three months, and eat at Outback. This was the first and only time I've had a poor experience there.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although a little slow the service was really good. The food was excellent. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Service and food outstanding. Prices reasonable for lake area. Only about 9 miles from the State Park.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Food was good, but one steak was cooked well-done and was ordered medium. The staff promptly scooped up the plate and ordered a new steak. In the meantime, customer was given a free bowl of soup just so she was sitting there with nothing to eat while the rest of the table was eating their meal. I thought this was a very nice touch. When this has happened to us before at other restuarants, the new steak will often come out when everyone else is just finishing up their meal. Restaurant and bathrooms were very clean. Service was good.