“Great Show!”

Main Street Music Hall / Main Street Opry
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I saw the Reel around the Years show that had songs from the 60's through the present. The performers were great! It was amazing that they could change their vocal styles to fit each of the singers they were emulating. I was VERY impressed

1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Over the years, my wife and I have attended numerous Main Street Music Hall shows and have almost always enjoyed them. However we attended the night time Reelin In The Years show on Saturday, May 17, 2014 and left at intermission because the sound was WAY TOO LOAD, It was so loud that it actually hurt to listen without plugging our ears with our finger tips. It's never been this way before and I'm not certain why it was so loud this particular performance. We also noticed that a significant number of other guests left during intermission.

3  Thank geeobx
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Have been to this show several times including this year for their Christmas Show. It is always a great production and class act. Fun for the entire family and funny as all get out!

2  Thank StlJohn
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Osage Beach in early December. One of the "to do" things on our list was to see the Christmas Show at the Main Street Music Hall. Our off-season mid-week audience was quite small, perhaps 200 total, and this does little to encourage an enthusiastic theater performance. The company worked hard to put on a good show, and at times succeeded; but overall, I found it neither impressive, nor inspiring. The performers seemed a good Christian group, but the individual selections were neither solemn, nor jolly: A burning electric guitar where an acoustic would have been more appropriate. A mosaic of Christmas songs that just didn't work, and a blending of material from their summer, high-tourist "pop" program that just didn't fit. I would expect that their summer performances to larger audiences would be all that I might expect; But for me, not this Christmas show.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We went there over the Christmas holiday. The building is rather dated & I was praying that it wasn't going to be some ridiculous "canned" Branson show. The first few songs were rather lackluster, so here we go, setting the tone! WRONG! After the first few songs, they really stepped it up. It is very "wholesome" entertainment for the entire family, but, they had some real talent & some really cute musical skits!! We were greatly impressed! Good job!!

1  Thank Debi M