“You get what you pay for”
Review of Hawk's Nest Lodge

Hawk's Nest Lodge
Missouri, United States
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I was looking for a decent, cheap place to stay and this was it. The facility is older, but they are trying and it is under new ownership. I liked having a microwave and fridge in the room and the idea of them putting a sheet on top of the comforter as well as under it was great. As we know, hotels/motels do not wash the comforter each time and to me this helped improve this situation by covering with a clean sheet each time. Plenty of towels and the hot water held for back to back showers. If your looking for high quality furnishings, this isn't it, but if your looking for a place that won't break the bank, then you have found it. There are also chairs outside each room to sit and enjoy the fresh air, an outside pool, and a light breakfast is served on the week-ends (which I didn't try). I would stay again, sure nothing beats good ole home, but this place will do for a night or two.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a dive! The carpets were disgusting. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. There were hairs - NOT MINE - on the sheets and fecal matter on the toilet seat.

The phone didn't work. The internet was down. The table between the two beds was rickety. The light bulb in the bathroom exploded. A man from housekeeping walked in my room while I was in bed announcing "Housekeeping" while opening the door. When asked by management about this the chief housekeeper said, in front of me, "we thought the room was empty, she's YOUR problem" and walked away.

The only thing good that came out of it was that the lady at the front desk comped me for the night and sent me to a different hotel. Before I left, she apologized again and introduced me to the owner of the hotel who stood there with a scowl on her face and didn't say a word to me.

You couldn't pay me to stay there again. Oh, and the place they sent me to (next door) used the same cleaning staff. I couldn't wait to go home.

Room Tip: Pick a room in any other hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank V493

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Columbia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here last minute this past weekend. Pros and cons of the place:
Pros: the beds were very comfortable and the sheets were so soft! Loved it! The water was HOT and stayed that way through all 3 of us! The staff was helpful. Good location to get around from.
Cons: Room smelled damp when we got there and stayed that way until we put air on high for awhile. Continental breakfast was the worst I've ever experienced. A basket of mini-muffins does not a breakfast make! It seemed over priced for the bottom floor room we got. Oh, and the cable list that was on the tv as well as the one in the book did not actually match the channels on the tv.

If we had to, we'd stay again, especially for a comfy bed! But, otherwise, we'll look around before staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhonda H
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We weren't planning on spending much time in the room, so we went for location and price. However, Hurricane Isaac changed direction and we had a day of rain. Total bummer! Since it was a hotel room, my husband enjoyed watching the first week of college football. I really had no option but to shop the outlet mall . . . Seriously, I would have enjoyed a condo with a separate bedroom so I could have read or had my version of down time. Anyway, The pool was very private - few guests around, nice size! The room was very clean, bath small but very clean, shower nice with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Beds were very, very comfy! The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is the TV - It needs updating badly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JodyLovesTravel
Keswick, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

If you want to stay at Osage Beach and want to use you money for other things besides your hotel, Hawks Nest lodge is the place to stay. Very reasonable rates for a hotel with an outdoor pool, you can see the lake and wonderful desk clerks. They were very helpful in directing us to the place we wanted to go and even printed of maps for us. This isn't a hotel with a bunch of extras, but it does have a sister hotel that you can use also. This was a really clean hotel with wonderful beds and close to everything we wanted to do. I will stay here the next time we visit here and will make this our regular hotel. Check it out if you want a nice affordable hotel. Spend your money on the sites, not on you stay. Thanks Hawks Nest for making our stay a great one. WE WILL BE BACK

Room Tip: If you want a better view, get a room on the upper floor. It has a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bryan F
Lincoln, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with family in the condos in the waterfront for 3 nights. Our condo was spacious for the 4 of us and clean. Could really use some updating and a good carpet cleaning. Blinds were broken so we had to hang a blanket up to keep out the early mornIng sun and the utensils were horribly wornout. Close to everything so that was a plus. The pool that we were told to use was fine for the first couple of days (thurs, fri) but by Saturday the place started filling up and became not so family friendly. Rented a pontoon from WFO rentals, which is right near the building and had a wonderful time. Avoid putt n' stuff mini golf. Pricey and a terribly put together course. Overall had a great stay and would rent here again for the price. Just maybe come earlier in he week to avoid the weekend crowd, especially if traveling with children.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mom2twns06
Missouri
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I live several hours away from the lake and come into town on a somewhat regular basis. I always have an issue finding a place that's price reflects the hotel/motel itself. I have looked on discounted hotel sites and never saw this place listed. I did a main search and stumbled upton the Hawk's Nest Lodge website. I almost didn't bother calling because the nightly rates are not listed on the site. I went ahead and called to find out it was BY FAR the most inexpensive place to stay in Osage Beach (from the research I personally have done:) So the next thought...this is going to be a roach motel... NOT EVEN CLOSE. The place was conviniently located, quiet, super clean, SUPER comfortable, and you couldn't ask for a friendlier staff. I travel with my dog and it seems like most places that allow pets, clearly, allow pets. You can smell them still in the room, and it's not very pleasent, plus the extra charge JUST to have a dog sleep there adds up... Hawk's Nest allows pets and you wouldn't have an inkling they were ever on the premises. This was the best hotel/motel experience I may have ever had. Stress free and easy. This is now my regular stop at the lake. HIGHLY recommended.

Room Tip: I was on the middle floor,right by the back steps, and it was great. I didn't hear anyone else...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple