“Enjoyed my stay”
Review of Hawk's Nest Lodge

Hawk's Nest Lodge
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Twice a year I attend a convention next door at the Inn at Grand Glaize, but after years of putting up with guest's doors slamming at 2 AM and 7 AM, I decided to stay here at the Hawk's Nest. They are now owned by the same people, but I've always received a clean, comfortable, and most important quiet room (or at least quieter guests). Like the hotel next door, the place has seen better days, but that seems to apply to most of the lodging in the area. I will return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel needs some updating, but it has a small pool & they share w/ The Grand Glaize Inn, they let you use their hot tub & pool, but you have to hike over to use it. We brought our 3 kids & were afraid we would be kicked out by all the noise they made, but no one complained & there were a lot of other families in the building. So it's a great place to stay if you are coming to party!
Staff was nice & they had donuts & cereal out for breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have better views! First floor has no view of the Lake, Just F.Y.I.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lavery1965
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Worst Accomodations Ever” After arriving on Fri. 9 Aug. we (my daughter and I) were put in room 1038. The phone did not work and the air conditioner was running wide open and could not shut it off. We call desk, from our cell phone and asked for another room. After entering room 1039 we discovered the phone was broken also, the room smelled like smoke and the toilet seat was broken. I called again on my cell and the front desk said they would send a maintance person as soon as possible. Sat. Aug 10 we left early to the lake and returned Sat. late afternoon and no one came to fix anything. There were many other problems, to many to mention. The dark haired maid was the only person who helped us. This was the worst stay at the lake in 40 years. The pool was green and smelled bad and they still let people swim in it.They made many promises they failed at. I also asked to be compensated and they refused to offer anything except a breakfast ticket at a gross buffet that my daughter would not eat. Beware of the false advertising and they horrible service they provide. This hotel group is out for your money and gives very little in return. I recomend that no one stays here if you trust your health and expect a fair deal.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you trust your health and well being. It is far from what quality is. It is the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Do not waste your money staying here. The room was filthy. It wa full of dead bugs and live flies. After 3 tries at getting them to at least clean up the dead bugs in th bathroom they came down at 9:00 p.m. our last night there to get rid of the dead bugs, Housekeeping never came to empty the trash, leave clean towels and make the beds. There was no microwave in the room as stated in the advertising and no coffee making supplies were in the room just empty packages from the previous occupant. The pool was full of dead bugs and the ladders getting in and out of the poll were very hazardous. Trash cans on the deck had no lids and were full of trash which attracted squirrels and other animals who just rummaged for food. We were never offered a discount, free night etc. even though we made it clear that we were not happy about the accomadations. WiFi was not reliable had to go to Bread Comapny to use computer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Looking for a clean inexpensive room? Hawks Nest fills the bill. When we arrived we discovered that our "Lake View Room" was up a rather steep flight of stairs, my knees ain't what they used to be, so the receptionist cheerfully changed our room to the lower level, no stairs to climb.

This receptionist, Tina, I think was her name, has the patience of Job. First, the only room she found, unbeknownst to her, had not been completely cleaned that day, all the bedding was gone. No problem, Tina, full of apologies, wanted to have housekeeping immediately come and finish the room. I declined saying, other than no bedding, the room was fine. Tina then intended to come and 'make up' the beds. I told her just give me the bedding, we'd take care of it ourselves and we did.

When making the reservations, I asked if a continental breakfast came with the room. I was told yes. Upon arrival I was told, by TINA, breakfast is only served Saturday and Sunday. I laughingly teased her about false advertising. Again, all apologetic about the misunderstanding, she made a phone call and arranged, as an exception, to have a continental breakfast available the next morning.

The Hawks Nest is, more or less, the "red headed stepdaughter" to The Grand Glaize Resort, located right next door. The resort restaurant and amenities are conveniently located, and the Hawks Nest rooms are cheaper.

At least one of the Hawks Nest staff works both venues. This young lady, I've forgotten her name, works morning to afternoon at the "nest" and then afternoons and evenings at the resort! All the time remaining cheerful and helpful to the guests.

In fact all staff members, from reception to house cleaning were exceptionally nice, I would go as far to say the nicest bunch of staff I have encountered in a long time.

That there was no microwave in the room was inconvenient, however, there was one available at the reception desk.

Because of the staff and the price, I intend to stay there again.

Room Tip: The extra cost for the lake view room is not worth it. It is only "lake view" because the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank umrcop
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I was looking for a decent, cheap place to stay and this was it. The facility is older, but they are trying and it is under new ownership. I liked having a microwave and fridge in the room and the idea of them putting a sheet on top of the comforter as well as under it was great. As we know, hotels/motels do not wash the comforter each time and to me this helped improve this situation by covering with a clean sheet each time. Plenty of towels and the hot water held for back to back showers. If your looking for high quality furnishings, this isn't it, but if your looking for a place that won't break the bank, then you have found it. There are also chairs outside each room to sit and enjoy the fresh air, an outside pool, and a light breakfast is served on the week-ends (which I didn't try). I would stay again, sure nothing beats good ole home, but this place will do for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a dive! The carpets were disgusting. There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. There were hairs - NOT MINE - on the sheets and fecal matter on the toilet seat.

The phone didn't work. The internet was down. The table between the two beds was rickety. The light bulb in the bathroom exploded. A man from housekeeping walked in my room while I was in bed announcing "Housekeeping" while opening the door. When asked by management about this the chief housekeeper said, in front of me, "we thought the room was empty, she's YOUR problem" and walked away.

The only thing good that came out of it was that the lady at the front desk comped me for the night and sent me to a different hotel. Before I left, she apologized again and introduced me to the owner of the hotel who stood there with a scowl on her face and didn't say a word to me.

You couldn't pay me to stay there again. Oh, and the place they sent me to (next door) used the same cleaning staff. I couldn't wait to go home.

Room Tip: Pick a room in any other hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Hawk's Nest Lodge? Share your experiences!