“Poor Customer Care/Service”
Review of Osage Village Inn

Osage Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The person (which we later learned was the owner, at least that's what he told us) checking us in was not friendly at all. The hotel itself was fairly clean and all went well until we tried to shower the next morning and had no hot water. The water would get at best luke warm for about 30 seconds and then turn ICE cold for 2-3 minutes and sometimes get luke warm again for another 30 seconds. We notified the front desk and a man who identified himself as the "owner" came up and let the water run for 2-3 minutes at which time it got luke warm for 30-45 seconds and he said, this water isn't cold but my husband explained that it didn't stay warm. He said he would go check the "scald valve". He left and we waited, waited and didn't hear anything else but there was still no hot water. My husband went back to the lobby to see if there was a resolution and the "owner" was behind the desk checking people out and my husband explained we still had no hot water and that he thought it was in the valve. The "owner" said nothing and kept on with what he was doing. He NEVER offered a resolution to the fact that we couldn't shower, no apology and was appauld when I complained at check out. After accusing me of yelling (which I was not) his response to my complaining was and I quote "here's what I'm gonna do I'm giving you a free room just to get you out of here". I told him I did not expect a free room, I just expected him to show some concern for our issue. He insisted on the free room and told my husband after I walked out of the lobby "she walked in here expecting a free room". My husband tried to further explain the real issue was his total lack of customer service and that he had not offered any resolution such as offering us someplace else to shower, but to no avail. We left and will NEVER return there. We have never had such poor customer service from a hotel and we have stayed at times in some real dives!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki H

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were vey happy with our experience and would stay again. This is a family run business and all were very friendly and accommodating. The entire facility was extremely clean and well kept. Attractive from the outside and adjacent to the mall. Basic but good hot/cold breakfast in the morning, good and hot coffee. Good restaurants close by, if you like BBQ there is a restaurant called Wobbly Boots a couple of blocks away that was excellent! I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Always a welcome place to stay while in Osage Beach!.... clean, comfortable, and friendly. We've visited in June and again in November. both times were very good experences. Loaction is great - just next door to the Outlet Mall and boutiques and great dining near-by.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The hotel I normally stay at when I'm at the Lake ended up being closed for the season. It was kind of a roll of the dice picking a different location since most of the properties here are smaller and locally owned.
When I checked in, I broke one of my cardinal rules of travel: If they hand you a key - an actual old-fashioned metal key, hand it back and keep on looking. It's usually a sign that no updates have been done for decades.
I'll start with the lobby first. It's large, well lit, tastefully decorated and overall just very nice.
The gentleman who checked me in was friendly and professional. He seemed to care about me having a good experience with this hotel.
The rooms look like they've been partially renovated at some point, but maybe just a tad bit dated. That, however, was offset by how extremely clean they were. The only negative was that there was no shampoo in the room, probably just an oversight.
Plenty of parking, well lit property, extremely good value for the rate. (half of what Holiday Inn Express across the street wanted).

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Osage Village Inn and is was just a nice as the first time. Only one warning.... if you go during the hot weather don't park near the street side of the lot. They run sprinklers each day and the water leaves bad water spots on the car and windows. Took my husband 2 hours to get it all off.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here in mid November and it was great. It is right next door to the outlet mall, so no parking issues. I arrived early on the first day and they let me check in early. The room was clean and very large. They have a small fridge in the room which is a nice touch. I decided to leave a day early and they did not hold me to my reservation. They also had no issue with the fact that I was checking out way after checkout time. They did not chage me anything extra. Highly recommed this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank bkpwags
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed in this hotel over Columbus weekend. The room was very clean and the manager of the hotel was helpful. We have stayed in this hotel the last 3 times we have gone to the outlet mall. The location is perfect, you can walk to the mall. Upon check in they give you a coupon book that you can use at the outlet mall. The coupon book usually cost $5.00 and it really does save you at most stores. They have a breakfast in the morning, however it very high calories and lots of carbs, but it's free. The shower was great, the bed was comfortable and the AC worked great. The hotel was clean and quiet. We asked for a senior discount and they decreased the rates by $10. Overall for the location, comfort and management I would give it my seal of approval.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
#3 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Osage Village Inn? Share your experiences!