“Almost Great”

J. Bruner's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Bruner's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Price range: US$19 - US$33
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Road 54-40 (Winn Road)
Description: You are invited to experience casual, fine dining at J. Bruner's! Savor steaks and seafood prepared using our exclusive recipes refined over the past thirty years. The warm and inviting dining rooms are the perfect setting for weekly casual dining or that special occasion. Enjoy our Red Room Lounge for a cocktail after work, cocktails before dinner, and/or a tasty ice cream drink afterwards. The best table service completes your dining experience, making J. Bruner's the Lake's Classic Steakhouse. Reservations recommended--book online.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Almost Great”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

First visit. Great Steaks and sides. Good wine list. No atmosphere. Small pour cocktail - $10. Won't be back.

Visited August 2013

Murphysboro
“Great Steak Place”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

J. Bruner's is a low-key local favorite and a hidden gem. Each time I go to Lake of the Ozarks i try to go to J. Bruner's because the food and service is so good. I have become very critical of prime rib in recent years to the point where I have stopped ordering it. That is not the case with J. Bruner's! Their prime rib is excellent. If you are a carnivore, the place to go in Osage beach is J. Bruner's.

Florida
“Best steak's at the lake”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

J. Bruner's serves the best steak's at the lake they melt in your mouth. I've been there many times and it will always be my favorite at the lake.

1 Thank DeborahW-1
Upland, California
“Something Different”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have been going to Bruner's for over 20 years and have always had a great steak dinner experience. However, this time I thought I would try something different so I ordered Farfalle Marinara. I was a little apprehensive since this quite different from the steaks that Bruner's is known for. Was I surprised how good this dish was, Italian sausage maranara with bow-tie pasta. The flavors were excellent. The garlic toast melted in my mouth and the garlic was not overpowering-just right! We ordered onion rings as an appitizer and they were perfectly done, as usual. The house salad dressing was to die for-I always look forward to it.
Finally, our waiter Stefan was excellent, There when we needed him but not hovering and was very hospitable.
Overall, I was glad I tried something different. I would definitely get it again.

1 Thank Brady42
Washington, Missouri
“Best meat around”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Best piece of prime rib I have ever had! Service timely-no rush. Somewhat pricey, especially for that add on lobster tail which would have gone so nicely with the meat-oh well...

Visited July 2013