Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
US$69
US$65
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$120
US$117
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$77
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$59
Red Roof
Days Inn Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$66
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Travelocity
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just got back from Lake of the Ozarks, which was beautiful as always! My boyfriend and I stayed at 2 different resorts this time. The first we stayed at was Tan-Tar-A, which was a first for me. I can say without a doubt I will never be going back, at least until we have children someday.

We first arrived and found no one greeting patrons or making them feel welcome. Next we waited in a line about 20 people deep to check in (yes I understand that Labor Day Weekend is busy, but then be prepared and staffed for it). When we finally managed to check in the young man checking us in could not answer any of our questions as to where our room was or where we should park to be closest to it, but instead directed us to the guest services counter across the lobby. The lobby also smelled of wet, musty and moldy, as well looked very outdated, as did the rest of the property.

So we went over to the counter where we encountered more unfriendly staff members. They did give us a map of the resort, which was 11x14, and told us we were in B Building on the 3rd floor and where to park. So we go over to B Building and discover there is NO ELEVATOR! Did I mention we were on the 3rd floor? No one had told us until we figured this out for ourselves. Would it have been too much trouble upon check in to be asked "I notice you are in B Building on the 3rd floor, and that building has no elevator, will you need assistance with your bags?" But nothing..

Eventually we made it to our room, after going through a maze of dimly lit, moldy smelling corridors. I wasn't expecting much as we opened the door, and that was a good idea. The room itself was clean although a little damp smelling. There was only one nightstand which for me was an issue as I have glasses and am blind without them and had to place them well outside of my reach. The lighting in the room was very sterile. The bed had a horrible sag in the middle and was very very springy.

The only positive was the GORGEOUS view of the lake we had from not 1, but 2 balconies. However, the balconies looked as though they could have been better maintained. Especially since the banisters were covered in spider webs, and a pamphlet in our room let us know that black widows and brown recluses could be found in the area.

However I could see this place being great for families as there were lots of children around, and plenty of activities for them to do. For me though, I'll be sticking to The Lodge of the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a view of the lake, it is the only thing worth staying here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erin501
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Erin501,

Thank you for your review. I apologize we were not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience at check-in. I have forwarded your concerns to our Front Office Manager. I wanted to note that we have plans to begin renovations in some of our guestrooms very soon. It's our hope that we'll have another opportunity to serve you. We'd love to hear what you think about our changes. And, feel free to reach out to me prior to your next visit as we have several different room configurations – and I’m sure we can find one that best meets your needs (with a beautiful view of the water too!).

Dianne Steingrubey
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at this resort for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and had a great time! The resort is older and outdated, however, well maintained and the grounds are meticulous. We stayed in one of the lakeside suites and spent hours on our patio just enjoying the view. Our room was clean and the bed was heavenly. Service was great! We took the Tropical Island Cruise and was worth the $15. We had lunch at Black Bear Lodge and the food was awesome...I had the Holland Beef Dip & my husband had the Pacific Whitefish Sandwich, one of the best lunches we've had in awhile. The Spa is amazing and the lakeside pool is like a tropical island resort!!! They also have Sbarro Pizza & a Burger King to keep your budget down. The Resort is large, but you can call Guest Services anytime & they will pick you up at your room and take you anywhere on the resort for free. We had a blast!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the resort complex only. They have estate rooms, but they are not on the water or near the amenities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanda G
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Wanda G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experiences at our resort. We are glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take part in many of our amenities we offer. Great choice on the lakeview suite – it’s amazing how sitting overlooking the water can make you feel so relaxed and at ease. We really appreciate you putting your trust in our resort as the destination for this special occasion and look forward to welcoming you back. From all of us at Tan-Tar-A, happy wedding anniversary!

Dianne S.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I've always thought of the Lake of the Ozarks as sort of a haven for Hillbillies with more money than common sense. The self-styled "resorts" down here compete with another for disgusting and degrading standards each time I have to come down here for a conference. This property, sadly enough, is the best of the worst.

The whole place feels tired and dated, stuck in the lake time warp and although this place was cleaner than Country Club and Spa and the Lodge of Four Seasons, it still maintains a defiant air of timeless arrogance. An attitude that it can charge you exorbitant, excessive fees in a pseudo-pretentious atmosphere of a "resort," which is as stale and dull as the tube television that they proudly maintain in the hotel rooms.

Still, I would give them almost 3 stars for the room was very clean. But, any hotel that still uses bed spreads on a bed that must have been made for elves, is far behind even simple standards. But, then again buckets of dripping water along the corridor show how neglected this place really is. Seriously, buckets to catch rain dripping from swollen ceiling tiles?

Common spaces are just barely maintained, everything everywhere needs updates and expect to pay extra for everything else. We thought about eating at the restaurant, but felt that $38 for a New York Strip was a rip-off. We were amazed at how many idiots crowded into the restaurant and lined up to pay it....

But then again, like I said earlier, this place is sort of like a haven for Hillbillies with more money than common sense. Trashy details like over-flowing ash trays filled with water and cigarette butts await you....along with other hidden gems. Good luck, if you have to stay here......

2  Thank alskx3
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Alskx3,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I apologize we were not up to your expectations. In 2012 Driftwood Hospitality Management LLC was appointed as the new management team for the resort with plans for the resort that include projects to enhance and improve the guestrooms and other areas of the resort. I wanted to note that we are currently in the process of replacing our old TVs with LG flat screens. By fall, we plan to have new TVs in all of our guest rooms. We are also looking forward to beginning room renovations very soon. If you make a return visit we hope you will have a much better experience.

Dianne S.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I just got back from tan tar a. We had a wonderful time and we can't wait to go back. We stayed at the resort, our room was a little out dated but we weren't in the room most if the time. Plus, I didn't go there to stay in the room all day! We loved the pools, and enjoyed breakfast at the Black Bear. I think the only negative thing for us was the stairs. We had a stroller for our infant, and it's not very stroller friendly. Other than that we had a great time!

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

On a whim, I bought a deal for Tan Tar A from Living Social. I usually do all the research before I go so place like this. This time I didn't read reviews until we were in the car. Although the place does need some renovations, especially carpet, we didn't have any other complaints. The staff were very nice. The room was clean (other than old carpet). The bed was comfortable. Contrary to previous reviews, I didn't see one bug inside or out.