Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
US$131
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
US$86
US$71
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
US$80
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Orbitz.com
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
US$86
US$82
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$76
Kirkwood Lodge(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Spent a few days a Tan Tara A during a very hot week. Loved the swimming pool and the water slide. Since kids were already in school there were very few people there. The food was great in the restaurants and the rooms were very nice. Lake of the Ozarks is a great place to visit

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces the lake and ask for a top floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed one night over labor day weekend and we were not impressed with Tan Tar A. This was our first time staying here; we usually stay at a competitor across the lake. The first impression was the outdated and smelly lobby and lack of service/help. The lobby smelled like wet socks and mold and looked like it hasn't been updated for many years. Upon hearing that our room wasn't ready, I asked and was informed that there was no valet car service. The clerk at the 'guest services' counter directed me to a dark and dingy underground garage that was hard to find. Since I didn't want my luggage with medications to sit in the hot car, I asked the bellman if I could store my luggage and he tried to convince me to keep it in the car as it will be fine in the trunk in the shade. This is not the level of service I expect from a 3 star resort.

Once we got our room keys 3 hours later, we were informed we would be in building "B". Once pulling up to the building, we unloaded our 3 big suitcases and tried finding the elevator to the 3rd floor. We were not informed at the front desk that building "B" does not have elevators. So my girlfriend and I had to drag our luggage up 3 flights of stairs and navigate weird confusing hallways to get to our room. The whole check in process was such a pain that we almost thought about leaving. The one saving grace was that we had a corner lake view room which was clean, although very in need of updating. The view was very nice, although we could not appreciate it on our balconies because of the many spider webs and bugs everywhere.

We decided that night to check out the Bears Den Arcade. Not realizing that it closed at 10 pm, we still had many credits to play left on our cards but the rude clerk was yelling at us to stop playing games. At one point he was counting down from 10 like we were 3 year old kids, and he even turned the lights out with the circuit breaker to send the message of closing. I was so disgusted with this rudeness that we just went upstairs and went to sleep.

Tan-Tar-A used to have a great reputation at the Lake of the Ozarks and it saddens me to see a property with great potential fall so low. They are considered a 3 star property, but I have received better service at 2 star properties. I suggest staying at the Lodge of Four Seasons for the same price and Ritz Carlton like service and quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan P
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Jordan P,

First and foremost, we offer our sincerest apologies about your stay. Our staff is usually praised for delivering a high level of service and your stay was clearly out of character for us. Please contact our Executive Office at 573-348-3131 so that we can respond personally to your concerns. We hope that we will one day have the opportunity to provide you the stay that you deserve.

At your service,
Dianne Steingrubey
Guest Relations Mananger

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in the "hotel" part of this resort back in July. The hotel is outdated and cramped. We arrived a few hours early for check-in, I called to see if we could get an early check in, they said that shouldn't be a problem. After our arrival, we waited for over 3/12 hours to check into our room, an hour past normal check in time. I asked a few front desk people why they couldn't check me in, they explained there were 300 people checking out and 400 checking in, it took awhile to clean all the rooms. I'm sorry,but this resort does this on a weekly basis, they should have it down by now. After check in, we find out our AC doesn't work. The front desk informed us they weren't working for the past several hours, but should be fixed by the following morning....it was 95 degrees that day...REALLY. We didn't have a very good experience with this place, I don't see us ever going back.

Room Tip: Stay in the lakefront suites...NOT THE HOTEL portion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear timmer89,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Tan-Tar-A Resort. This is certainly not the experience we strive to provide for our guests. Please contact our Executive Office at 573-348-3131 so that we can respond personally to your concerns.

At your service,
Dianne Steingrubey
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel rooms are out dated and really need remodeling. Our room was over the kitchen so the smoke and smells from the kitchen were not pleasant.
The front desk check in/checkout staff were slow, unfriendly, and inefficient. The area outside is nice and well manicured.

Room Tip: Stay in the estate rooms and rent a golf cart for shuttling!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We bought a Living Social deal for this resort. Since we booked it over the Labor Day weekend, the price was great! We love going to the Lake of the Ozarks, but don't usually go over big weekends due to prices. This place is HUGE. And hilly. :) but the property and the views are beautiful. Our room was in building 2. We had 2 double beds, and while we wish they would have been 2 queens, they were SO comfortable and the room was VERY clean. We requested things from guest services 2 times during our stay and they were delivered in MINUTES. All the staff we came in contact with were very friendly! Being Labor Day weekend, the resort was very, very busy. It was a little hard to get settled comfortably at the pools because of the large crowds. The fireworks show was great!! We had dinner at the Black Bear on Saturday night. The food was good. My husband and I had the buffet and my kids had hot dogs, so nothing to rave about, but we all enjoyed our dinner enough. My husband did some fishing and thought the fishing area was nice, although he didn't catch anything. :) Overall, we enjoyed our experience. We will consider going back for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family