I was the organizer of a large group that stayed at Tan-Tar-A for a conference and family retreat. Knowing that the resort has mixed reviews, I went in with an open mind. The resort has been around for a long time and has a lot of different options to choose from for accommodations. It does need some renovations to bring it up to a more modern standard and they were starting those renovations while we were there. I found the resort and group staff to be VERY accommodating. They went above and beyond what we asked for in all situations. They took extra time and effort to make our group dinners special with decor and theme that we weren't expecting and the food was fantastic. Many of our guests commented that the group dinners were the best banquet meals they have ever had at a hotel/resort. I also ate in the Black Bear Lodge several times and found the food to be very good.
Sleeping rooms are quite spacious and provide plenty of room for families and all the 'stuff' that travels with them. Many of the rooms offer sofa sleepers and all rooms have a mini-fridge. These are important amenities for families.
The main outdoor swimming pool area is nice and in a good location with a large deck area, snack bar and children's area. I did not visit the indoor waterpark, but found the daily cost of entry to be quite high.
The Oaks Golf Course is a phenomenol location and was in great shape while we were there. Our group outing was very well received there.
I would highly recommend this location to anyone that is looking for a reasonably priced family vacation in the Midwest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks