Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Quiet Comfort”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

have stayed there many times and they are going through a renovation that is making all the difference in the world. Staff continues to be one of the best. Great hide away great price. once renovations is completed I will be back this summer to take advantage of all the resort has to offer

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear TryingOne,

As a returning guest, I’m delighted you were able to see some of the great improvements we are making around the property. Thank you for your kind review and loyalty. We’re looking forward to seeing you again at Tan-Tar-A Resort.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We wanted to explore Lake of the Ozarks when it wasn't crowded. We rented a one bedroom cottage and it was quite nice. Very spacious rooms with new linens on beds, updated tiled bathroom, great kitchen. Wish the weather had been warmer for us to enjoy the great screened-in porch. A few disappointments: every window was high so we couldn't enjoy any views while sitting in the living room, the wifi was very weak, and no TV in the bedroom. We had breakfast in the Black Bear Restaurant - an ample buffet with good food and outstanding service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Nancy R,

Winter is indeed a wonderful time to visit Tan-Tar-A! Although we’re glad that you enjoyed our Estates Complex suite, we wish that every aspect exceeded you expectations. We have several different room types and I’m sure we can find one that best meets your needs. Please feel free to reach out to me if you make a future reservation.
Every guest room in our Resort Complex and Estates Complex is furnished with a television. If possible, we would like to find out which unit you stayed in so we can look into this issue. You can reach me at 1-800-826-8272.
Thank you for your review of our resort. We hope to see you again soon!

Nevada, Missouri
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We attended the 2013 New Years Eve party at Tan-Tar-A and it was FANTASTIC! My husband and I are middle-aged (47 & 52) and it is hard to find a NYE party that isn't full of obnoxious drunk people, but this was the perfect event. We checked in the afternoon of the 31st, had an awesome room, buffet dinner to die for (think oysters and prime rib), open bar with premium drinks, a few hours at the "casino", and dancing to a band that played songs we actually knew! The midnight countdown with balloon drop and toast was perfect. All of this was included in the package. We will make every attempt to attend this event regularly!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjtmict
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear bjtmict,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We were so thrilled to read that our New Year’s Eve ballroom celebration is the “perfect event.” A lot of planning and preparation goes into this event and we’re glad that you and your husband enjoyed every aspect. Your review is greatly appreciated and it would be a pleasure to have you back next year.

Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been to Tan-Tar-A Resort two summers in a row and have every plan of returning every summer from now on. I've stayed in the main lodge and also in the houses on the lake. I prefer the cottages on the lake with the private pool. Drinking is allowed (no glass) and the other guest have been super nice!

Going to Osage Beach, you must visit the Outlets and the vineyards around. They aren't Napa, but fun for Missouri!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Callie F,

Thank you for your loyalty to Tan-Tar-A Resort! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our lakefront suites. The views give you a front row seat to watch boats and beautiful sunsets!
We are grateful for your kind review. and can’t wait to have you back this summer!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have been to Tan-tar-a several years ago and wanted to bring my kids since we were passing through. I reserved a 2 room suite on the lake. I was disappointed. The rooms are run down. Maintenance has not occurred. Our room has had water running out of the air vents in the past but the walls never cleaned. Broken doors; doors that do not close; stained walls; and maid service that knocked on our door at 8:30 am. Really... We arrived at 9 and they woke us up at 8:30 Am. If you are looking for a camping experience, this is great. If you are looking for a lodge/ spa stay away!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank LizaAllee
Dear LizaAllee,

We are very sorry that you and your family were disappointed in your accommodations. This is certainly not the type of quality or service that we pride ourselves in. Our Executive Office will contact you regarding your concerns.

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Hannibal, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We love Tan-Tar-A and have been here many times in the past. I actually did my college internship at this property back when it was a Marriott resort and know it like the back of my hand.

We came down to the lake for Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping at the outlets. At our request, we stayed out in the estates in a 1 BR suite. We actually prefer the estates to the regular rooms. Check in was simple, easy and everything was perfect. In our suite, the owners had a cabin theme going on. The carpet and furniture was very nice and the fireplace came with firewood and starter logs ready to go. The fireplace was amazing and we enjoyed it so much. I think we will be converting one of our gas fireplaces to wood in the near future because of this! The bathroom was completely remodeled and was super nice with a huge shower and rain head. The only complaint I had was the fact that the mattress in the BR was completely shot. It was so bad, that I ended up sleeping on the blow up air mattress I brought for my son. I actually preferred this to the bed. We hope they will get a new mattress so the next time we are down we can choose this suite again.

The resort itself seemed to have a lot going on. They gave us an entire brochure of activities but we had so many plans, we did not attend. Apparently Santa was there, they had a lighting ceremony, coloring contest, letters to Santa, and I believe a fire someplace and carolers? I could be wrong about that but I think that's what I read. Anyway, I wish they would have had those activities listed on the website so I could have planned them into our schedule. I almost forgot...they also had a van that you could take to the outlets that ran 24 hours. (The outlets opened at 8pm on Thanksgiving evening and stayed open until late Friday) We actually arrived on Thanksgiving Day and I now realize we really should have came the night before because there just wasn't enough time. So, we had breakfast at Black Bear on Friday morning. It was delicious as always. My kids just LOVE this place (as do I) and would eat here daily if we allowed it. Service and food were excellent. It's a very nice buffet with many choices which include: biscuits & gravy, bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, made to order omelots, the list goes on. Beverages included! Check out was simple and easy.

Overall, it was another wonderful stay! If it weren't for the fact that I have a 9 year old, I'd be tempted to say the heck with it and come down there for Christmas too. We love Tan-Tar-A.

Room Tip: If you like a lot of space and privacy, get something out on the estates. Some are newer and in bet...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kreskyhr
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear kreskyhr,

So good to hear from a former intern! Glad to hear that you have such fond memories of Tan-Tar-A and are still making new ones. Thank you for your continued loyalty.
Thanksgiving is indeed a wonderful time to visit. The weekend is always stuffed with holiday fun. I would like to note that we do post our holiday activities on our website.
If you don’t see anything on the home page, please visit our calendar of events.
We’re also thrilled that you enjoyed the wood-burning fireplace in your suite, however, we sincerely apologize about the mattress in your room. I have notified management about your concern. Thank you for your warm review and we can’t wait to have you back.

Kind regards,

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I just love to stay at Tan Tar A resort on the weekends. We go on hikes through the estates and enjoy the wonderful views of the lake and the 9 hole golf course that winds through the estates. There is so much to do here for the active person or couple or family.

Our rooms have always been quite roomy and comfortable and with lovely views of the lake or if we stay in the estates we enjoy watching the golfers from the decks. We do not spend much time in our rooms as we spend our time at the large pool by the lake or at one of the estate pools. The pool by the water has a nice water slide and also has drink service poolside.

We have never had to wait to check in or check out. We always get the breakfast coupons for Big Bear Resturant and love the breakfast layout.

They also provide towels at all the pools which I enjoy. The also have a nice supply of boats and waverunners to rent in the marina.

This is not a new hotel and so you should not expect all the newest amenities. The scenery and landscaping around the resort are wonderful.

I love Tan Tara A and always stay here as it has more to do than Lodge of the 4 seasons and much better pools.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear jpsjurson,

Exploring the grounds of Tan-Tar-A is the perfect way to spend an afternoon to unwind! We can’t wait to welcome you again and your warm words for our resort are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Kindest regards,

#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!