I guess I am a bit spoiled to "resorts" since my stays at very nice very large resorts. While Tan Tar A has 3 pools they are all a bit small, in the busy season it would be very hard to find a spot to splash around. The indoor pool was in desperate need of a chemical balancing or cleaning as just walking into the room was enough to make your eyes turn red from all the chemical smells. The sandy beach was nothing more than than a couple hundred feet of sand dumped on a man-made barrier. The lake water doesn't touch the sand and you are not allowed to touch the water from this beach area. The resort does have two affordable budget restaurants.. Burger King and Sharro's Pizza. The little indoor water park is an extra charge so we skipped that as well as the onsite little bowling alley. I am not a golfer so have nothing to say about the course they have there, but the put put looked nice.
We stated in the Estates in room 6091. The room was very clean and very big with a nice back porch. There was a mini-fridge and coffee maker and ceiling fan. It could have used a microwave.
The grounds are clean and well maintained and the staff was friendly.
I could see enjoying this resort for a weekend but after that would run out of things to do and money since there are only a small handful of free things to do here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks