Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Inn At Grand Glaize(Osage Beach)
US$86
US$68
US$131
Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$117
US$88
US$80
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Scottish Inns Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$72
Town & Country Motel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
LakeHouse Hotel(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
Travelocity
US$86
US$82
Orbitz.com
Osage Village Inn(Osage Beach)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$76
All reviewsburger kingwater parkbowling alleyblack bear restauranttan tar a resorthorseback ridingblack beansresort complexfood courtfitness centerbuilding cnice resorttan taratimber fallsspring breaklabor day weekendview of the lake
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here on the Estate side for a family reunion. We stayed in Estate Room 6243/352. This is a one bedroom with kitchen, living area and a nice large deck. Overall it is nice although it could use some serious updating. The beds were a little wore out to the point they were lopsided and you felt like you were falling to the middle all the time. Other than that to facilities are very nice and well kept. We went to both outdoor pools and they were nice and not overly crowded. Service at the Arrowhead pool was very good. We also played putt putt golf and it is a nice little course that is in very good shape. We had our get togethers in the Crystal Room. It is a very nice room that is well kept with lots of room for our whole family (over 100 people). Wish we could have spent more time but we only had the weekend for the reunion. Overall we would like to come back again sometime on our own and try the resort again. If they continue to do updates to the rooms and houses I would give this place a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: They have a great shuttle service throughout the resort if you are on the estate side and don't want to drive just call the front desk...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear jeffrey w,

Thank you for choosing Tan-Tar-A Resort to host your family reunion. We loved having you and your family here and look forward to having you back as our guest again soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have been coming to Tan-Tar-A for years and have been saying that the resort needed an upgrade. Looks like the new owners realized it also. New rooms are really nice and they no longer smell like mildew. Great job!

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve a room in the main building. Do not do 'run of the resort' unless you are trying to save money.
1  Thank lzel
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Izel,

Thank you for being a loyal guest.! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall, it was a decent resort. Room was nice and clean. However, the door to our building would not close completely and bugs would get in the hallways. The area and views are gorgeous but the resort is built in a hilly area which makes it sort of difficult to get around. Someone with a disability may find it difficult to climb up and down the hill to get to all the different activities and amenities. Restaurants are slightly overpriced but that is somewhat expected in a resort. We also had trouble getting a hold of staff. Called several different departments with no answer and had to call back multiple times until I was able to speak to someone. Parking is also limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for your recent stay at Tan-Tar-A Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our location, however, we apologize that you had difficulties reaching different departments by phone and for the issue with the door to your building. I have forwarded your concerns to our Director of Operations.
Obviously we would have hoped you felt our facilities were nothing short of excellent, but again we appreciate your honesty and feedback to help us improve upon what we have to offer. We do hope when you are traveling in the area again, that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a horrible experience, and won't be back.

We arrived to our resorts complex condo at approximately 9PM. We tried to park in our assigned spot for room number 7005, and a car was already parked there. There were other spots for rooms 7000,7001,7002,7003,7004, etc.. those were all taken as well. We could hear and see a large party in the complex of approximately 10-15 people. We called guest services, and guest services told us they would send security out. We waited 30 minutes, with a 5 year old daughter that needed sleep. Security finally arrived, and basically told us we should just switch our room. As we were waiting for security, I saw several party complex vistors come and go.

1) You coin this resort as a family resort, but seem to cater of parties that violate rules and assigned parking.

2) The situation was handled poorly. A professional security department would have immediately went up to the room, told them not to have a party in a hotel room and be respectful of other guests, I believe the state has an occupancy limit on hotel rooms, just my guess.. and had the offending parkers move.

3) As I went up to the front desk to check out. I told the front desk agent how unpleased. He went on about although they are a family resort, they have a responsibility to keep the occupant that is in the room happy as well. He stated that 'People come here to have a good time.' I'm sorry, but my five year old daughter is not going to be subjected to a party.

4) I reserved my room through hotwire, at a decent rate. I paid an upgrade fee to get into a better room, well I thought it was a better room. I was only refunded my upgrade fee for the second night, and they told me that I had to deal with hotwire to get a refund. Great, I'm sure that will be a pleasure to deal with. This place put a big negative on my family vacation and can't even make things right.

We checked out and went to a competing hotel. I am very displeased.

2  Thank gwellman99
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear gwellman99,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. Every comment that we receive is valuable in helping us evaluate and improve our quality of service. We are sorry your neighbors had a negative impact on your stay, and that you felt like we handled the situation unprofessionally.
I understand the parking situation must have been frustrating since you saw a spot with your room number on it and someone else was parked there. However, parking is first- come-first-serve. The homeowner may have their parking spots numbered, but that is for their personal use. Our guests do not have assigned parking.
I spoke to security and their reports show that our officer did arrive in a reasonable amount of time, and that the neighbor’s gathering was not out-of-hand. We try our best to make things right when situations such as these occur and we apologize that the offer we extended to you did not meet your expectations.
Our Reservations Manager spoke with Hotwire, and you will receive a full refund. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please call our Executive Office at 573-348-3131. We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Tan-Tar-A Resort in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the resort for the MAWD conference this week. Unfortunately there was another conference (State Farm) at the same time so the check-in line was really long. Jasen Jones jumped in and began to dwindle down the line by seperating the check-in's from the check-out's. This made the wait shorter.

Also during my stay, Jasen was extremely helpful, professional and knowledgeable. He had great advice on where to go around town and what to do at the resort. Not to mention, he remembered me by name!

Room Tip: Choose the main building (building A) or building "E" because they are updated. Also, request a higher floor because it doesn't feel as "damp" in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Professional545,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that Jasen took great care of your needs. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Kind regards,