“Nice Family Resort”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Nice Family Resort”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent a weekend with my family(husband, daughter, son-in-law & 3 grand kids) in two rooms. Our rooms were next to each other in the building across from the main building. I bought the rooms through Groupon so they were the basic rooms. Each had two full sized beds, small tables with two chairs, a sitting chair & refrigerator. The rooms & baths were very clean. The beds were comfortable & the toiletries were from Bath and Body. Also, it was hot & very humid that weekend. Both rooms stayed cool and comfortable.

The service at the resort was outstanding! My husband needs assistance walking long distances. In the parking garage there is only two handicapped parking spaces. They allowed him to park in the short-term parking. They also drove him to other parts in the resort via a golf cart whenever he needed. Before arriving, I called to confirm the reservations. In passing I mentioned I was celebrating my birthday & my daughter's birthday. The staff signed a card for us. I accidentally left a small coin purse in our room after we checked out. Two hours later, a woman called from the Management office. She was so nice & gladly made arrangements to send me my purse by certified mail.

We really enjoyed the indoor water park as well as the arcade & miniature golf. The outdoor swimming pool close to the lake was messy. There were a lot of dead bugs in the pool. The water was clear and the floor was not dirty. I think possibly the filter was clogged?? My only other concern was the smell of the small entrance/lobby of my building. It was a strong urine scent, yet everything looked very clean.

My family ate at the main restaurant twice and enjoyed it. Once again the service was great!

Tan-Tar-A is a fun place to take the family. If we had had a couple of more days, we would have taken advantage of the boat rental and/or horseback riding!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Becky G,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of your experience! We are happy to learn how much your entire family enjoyed being with us. I will certainly share your compliments with our team! Our staff is top notch, so seeing the results of their hard work is great.
Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the issues you mentioned. I have brought your comments to the attention of our Director of Operations.
We hope that you will return soon to make more memories with your children and grandchildren!

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Terrific service. Amazing views. A freshly updated large, inviting bar in the lobby. Shopping on site in the marketplace. Our modern, updated room had two king beds, a fridge, sitting area, and balcony overlooking the lake. Covered parking is available. Dining options. Horseback riding. Boat rental. The pool area is lakeside. The challenge: navigating the four buildings, however, staff is very helpful with this. Renovations are ongoing but what is finished seems to be taking this resort in a very positive direction.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Twogreynomads,

Thank you for your gracious review! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby, lounge and guest rooms as well as our service and location. We certainly hope you will return to stay with us again soon.

At your service,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I live in Conway, Arkansas. We drove 5.5 hours to meet up with my best friend and her husband. We didn't plan on staying at Tan-Tar-A but due to awful circumstances the hotel we originally booked we called and prayed they had room for us. The sweet lady that took our reservation was amazing! She gave us an incredible deal because of the trouble we had at the other resort(she actually price matched the other hotel AND upgraded our room!) which I thought was so nice of her. The resort property is gorgeous, the rooms are clean, and the staff is amazing! We will be going back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Rikki H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Tan-Tar-A Resort. I was delighted to read about your stay, especially your upgrade on arrival! We always like to add a little extra to our guests stay when possible. Thank you for your five star review and we definitely look forward to your return to Tan-Tar-A.

branson, mo
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Booked online an hour out for 109 plus tax:). New lobby blew me away and I have been coming here usually 3 times or better a year and each year I cringe but lobby and bar were awesome. Checked in quickly and got in main lodge where room was also renovated

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear timandkim,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. It’s great to hear that you loved our new look! We appreciate your business over the years and can’t wait to see you again!

At your service,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My room was recently remodeled, and very accessible as could park in the garage adjacent to it. Food and entertainment options are numerous. The buffet was excellent, and reasonable. The entertainment can quickly add up, so I recommend purchasing a package. Only negative is bathroom could've been cleaner, but nothing bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear WarEglTX,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, associates and buffet in the Black Bear Lodge Restaurant.
Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom. I have brought your comment to the attention of our housekeeping department.
We hope that you will visit Tan-Tar-A again soon. We would love to be your resort of choice in the Lake Area!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am writing the review while staying in the resort at one of the one bedroom suites by the lake, number 338. The suite is VERY OLD and needs serious updates, but the lake view is spectacular.
We found ants in the suite on the first day, called them on the next day and they sent someone to spray the room, which took are of the ant problem. However, I feel itchy all the time I am sitting on the couch..!!! May be it is a psychological thing from the ants issue.
The water park is not included in the price and had to pay separate to use it on a stormy day.
The food prices at the Blackbear lodge restaurant are reasonable and the food is good, but still the restaurants styles are from the seventies and the windows wooden frames are painted to make them look good.
The kitchen has a microwave that is supposed to have a rotating tray, but it does not rotate...!!! I will call room service and tell them about it.
The bed is not very comfy but OK.
If we come back, we will probably book one of the newly remodeled rooms....!!!

Room Tip: Book the newly remodeled rooms not the old ones
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abdelhamid A
Dear Abdelhamid A,

While we’re glad that you enjoyed our beautiful views of the Lake of the Ozarks, we’re upset that your stay with us was not everything it should have been. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with room.
We hope you’ll join us again for a much improved experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at 1-800-826-8272 if you make a future reservation.

Best regards,

Carrollton, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We planned a family vacation over memorial weekend. My parents, both my brothers' families, an aunt and her daughter and my family were in attendance. We were given a booking price of $523 each cabin. I was sent confirmations with that price. However, when we checked in they charged us over a thousand dollars each cabin! When we complained and gave them the confirmation numbers, we were told that we had to have printed proof of those prices. My family had driven 5 hours for this vacation and we couldn't afford the new room prices! We were forced to stay in the cramped hotel and keep ice in our coolers so our food wouldn't spoil. On top of that, we had to drag our coolers to find an open grill so we could eat the food we brought. It was our first planned family vacation and it was spoiled! It was awful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy R
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Amy R,

We hope that you were able to enjoy at least some of your vacation, and we do sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your visit. I can only assume that there was a miscommunication at time of reservation. We reserved 4 two-bedroom suites for you and your family instead of 4 one-bedroom suites. Unfortunately, there weren’t any one-bedroom suites available to move you to. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to speak with us further about this matter, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Office at 573-348-3131 so that we can respond personally to your concerns.

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

#5 of 15 in Osage Beach
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!