I spent a weekend with my family(husband, daughter, son-in-law & 3 grand kids) in two rooms. Our rooms were next to each other in the building across from the main building. I bought the rooms through Groupon so they were the basic rooms. Each had two full sized beds, small tables with two chairs, a sitting chair & refrigerator. The rooms & baths were very clean. The beds were comfortable & the toiletries were from Bath and Body. Also, it was hot & very humid that weekend. Both rooms stayed cool and comfortable.
The service at the resort was outstanding! My husband needs assistance walking long distances. In the parking garage there is only two handicapped parking spaces. They allowed him to park in the short-term parking. They also drove him to other parts in the resort via a golf cart whenever he needed. Before arriving, I called to confirm the reservations. In passing I mentioned I was celebrating my birthday & my daughter's birthday. The staff signed a card for us. I accidentally left a small coin purse in our room after we checked out. Two hours later, a woman called from the Management office. She was so nice & gladly made arrangements to send me my purse by certified mail.
We really enjoyed the indoor water park as well as the arcade & miniature golf. The outdoor swimming pool close to the lake was messy. There were a lot of dead bugs in the pool. The water was clear and the floor was not dirty. I think possibly the filter was clogged?? My only other concern was the smell of the small entrance/lobby of my building. It was a strong urine scent, yet everything looked very clean.
My family ate at the main restaurant twice and enjoyed it. Once again the service was great!
Tan-Tar-A is a fun place to take the family. If we had had a couple of more days, we would have taken advantage of the boat rental and/or horseback riding!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks