“Rude employees causing resort to go downhill”

Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have been staying here every summer for the past five years. We had always enjoyed it. This time I was disgusted by the rude employees not only did I hear them making fun of the guests but if we had any problems we were told it wasnt their issue. For instance, the pool attendants. I noticed on the arrowhead slide pool the attendant...who i thought was a lifeguard...but was rudely told was not and all they were There for was to stand there...was not helping kids out of the pool when they were struggling...so my father in law stepped in..while she stood by looking disgusted by the kids. Then the next day when my mother in law had trouble opening the gate ...the attendants laughed at her and said that lady doesnt need to be drinking...which was uncalled for. The burger king workers are not rude but slow with no urgency and they didnt practice food handler safety. The bartenders at the arrowhead pool served me a drink in a large glass one day then in a very small glass the next and charged the same. If you are looking for an average resort where you are treated poorly by sloths then stay here. If not look elsewhere. I think this resort is hurting for money and possibly thereb has been a change in mgmt. I will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2014
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear atowers33,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your recent visit was so unpleasant.
As repeat guests, I hope you will realize that this visit was not reflective of our normal standards of hospitality. I have shared your remarks with my staff to follow up on the conditions you reported.
When your travels bring you back to the Lake of the Ozarks, I hope you will consider returning to Tan-Tar-A to allow us the opportunity of regaining your complete confidence in our operation. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, or would like me to personally make arrangements for your next stay, please call me at 573-348-3131.
We appreciate your business over the years.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Recently stayed at this resort for a conference & I found the property & convention amenities to be quite wonderful! The best part of my stay was due to the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff at the front desk, customer service desk, & security. Gold stars should go out to Ken, Customer Service desk & to an extremely helpful Front Desk person whose name I failed to get but who is a Hispanic women in her mid-20's or early 30's. Both of them went above & beyond what I asked of them & deserve to be recognized for their extra efforts. In addition, all of the managers that tried to help me with a major car problem I had after arriving at the resort were very attentive & resourceful in trying to get the help that I needed to get my car on the road again for home. It is very stressful to be stranded away from home but if it happens @Tan-Tar-A, they certainly know how to make it less painful due to the staff having a "can do" customer service approach to any problems presented to them! Thank you! Laura Davis, MAPERS Conference

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear LAJDavis,

Your feedback regarding our associates was such a pleasure to read! I have already shared your comments with the team. It is always inspiring for our associates to read such positive remarks regarding the service they provide to our guests.
We appreciate your wonderful compliments on our resort and staff, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I'm confused by the bad reviews on this resort... we had an amazing family vacation. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed at what they call The Rstates and loved our room, the pools, the atmosphere... the rooms were large and clean and looked newly painted etc. We had a porch and a lakeview. I kept reading reviews telling people to ask to stay in the main buildings but I thought they looked more hotel-y and we were looking for a lake-y feel. We stayed four days three nights. We had burger king on the resort and had pizza delivered from the pizza place on the resort. Both were good. We will definately stay again possibly next time without the kids since we didn't get to take advantage of the adult pool with the bar :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melissa G,

Thank you for your fantastic review!! We are thrilled that you had such a memorable experience. Indeed, the Estates Complex rooms are perfect for families or groups who want private accommodations and a resort experience.
We can’t wait to see you again at Tan-Tar-A Resort!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The new lobby and lounge area is wonderful. You must stop in and say hi to Sampson at the lounge. He is a 35 year employee and you'll know why when you meet him. The two full service restaurants serve some of the best food in the area. As soon as all of the resort is remodeled it will be great. Hopefully they will be able to get the Estates part of the area to work on their reputation and this could be "The" place to stay when in the area.

Room Tip: If you are told you will be staying in the Estates ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear LakeLady2012,

Thank you for having stayed with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience. It was so nice to read your positive comments about our lobby and lounge, restaurants and your interaction with Sampson.
Sampson is an amazing asset to our resort and he will be thrilled to know just how much he enhanced your stay.
We certainly hope you will return to stay with soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to Tan-Tar-A for the fireworks show and it was great. We all went swimming and it was fun too! We met our uncle who was staying there.Had some trouble getting in, but finally got in and had a good time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Lynn G,

I am glad to hear you loved our fireworks show. We certainly work hard to provide an exceptional Fourth of July celebration and we are glad it showed. Thank you very much for your kind review.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there one night and it was great. There rooms were nice and the entire set up is amazing. The room was already cold from the great working A/C and the options to eat there after 10om was great as well. I would love to go back and take my family for sure

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Steviet000,

Thank you so much for having stayed with us and also for your wonderful comments. It is very pleasurable to hear about your recent stay. We sincerely hope you will return with your family sometime soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for a week on business as I have several time over the years. The hotel is really showing it's age. They have started to remodel some rooms which I am told were very nice. I was not fortunate enough to land one of the newer rooms.
The hotel itself is spread out over a large area. There are several hills and many steps throughout the property. I would not recommend this property for elderly or disabled. I'm sure there are ways for those folks to get around but it appears it would not be convenient.

Hotel was adequate for business and training purposes.

Room Tip: Ask for main building and newly remodeled room with lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Diamonddave206,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our resort. I was happy to read that your overall visit was positive.
Regarding your concerns about our property and hills, I would like to note that a complimentary shuttle service is available throughout the resort.
Thank you again for choosing Tan-Tar-A on your recent trip to Lake of the Ozarks. It was our pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!