After reading all the reviews, we knew what to expect. And, they were right, for the most part. Building A is truly the best as far as the remodel (I deducted this from all the other guests who were not staying in Building A and were totally disappointed). We were in building A and had a spacious room with a balcony overlooking the lake. What could have made this vacation a great one -
1) Food - it was very close to inedible. We ate at the lodge twice, once off the menu and once from the "country" buffet. Not only did we have a server our first night who spent the majority of her time complaining to her co-workers, the menu items we ordered were quite simply, horrid. We thought we would give it another chance and had the "country" buffet one night which was worse than the menu and totally inedible. Horrible, horrible food. We also had room service for breakfast several days and it didn't fare much better. We found as the week went on and the resort got busier, the breakfast got worse. And, to top it off, we got sandwiches at the snack bar one morning to take on a boat ride for a picnic on the lake. They were as bad as the food in the restaurant.
2) Housekeeping - non-existent. We went 2 days without our room being cleaned. We understood the 1st day as we didn't leave until after lunch. On the 2nd day, however, we left the room at 10:00 and they were next door cleaning. We came back about 6pm and it hadn't been cleaned again. When I called about this - they were quite rude, as if it was our fault.
Now the good -
My 6 year old granddaughter had a grand time. We did every activity available and it kept us busy. The only complaint was how cold all the pools were.
There were moments of commendable service - the guest services department were outstanding (they should be running the hotel). The hostess in the restaurant was extremely friendly and did everything she could to provide the best service. She didn't cook the food so we couldn't blame her!
There is a LOT of walking up hills. However, they will get you in a golf cart if you just ask. We tipped all of our drivers and they were very appreciative.
This could be a premiere resort if managed properly. Too bad that they are settling for so-so service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks