“Do not plan to go back”

Inn At Grand Glaize
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
“Do not plan to go back”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I reserved a jr. Suite. When we arrived we were told that our suite was dirty so we were going to get a free upgrade. Well the upgrade was a disappointment. The room was not cleaned well. We even found a pair of pants under the sink. My house is nicer than this hotel. The jacuzzi was old & the tile around it was broken. For the price I paid I should have gone to a resort and paid the resort fee. I was not happy.

• Stayed February 2014
Aaron S, Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
On behalf of the Inn at Grand Glaize, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at our property in February, we strive to ensure our guests experience the best visits possible during their time with us and we fell short of our goal this time. We are striving to continually upgrade our facility as well as our service. We hope you will give us a second chance so you can see firsthand the improvements we are making. Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss your stay. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2014

To be honest, I had high expectation for a $200 a night, jacuzzi suite...I was not impressed. It was my BF Bday weekend and Valentines day weekend all in one. I really wanted to impress him..mission not accomplished. Don't get me wrong...it was not horrible..but I expected more..the housecleaning was bad...jacuzzi doubled as the shower... in the photographs it shows two separte rooms...the knobs had soap scum..and were broken. Trash, like empty coke cans were found in the draws...my BF compares it to an old Martin episode were Martin and Gina went to celebrate their honeymoon and the room literally feel apart. I did however enjoy the friendly atmosphere due to Pub Crawl...the maintanance Manger, Mr. Salazar was the reason we didn't flip out and ask for our money back. He was attentive, professional and made us more comfortable. I did not like the lady who checked me in..not the front desk manager but the other lady...it could be because I looked like a hot mess after traveling to the hotel...so she might have been surprised that I booked the suite..neither here nor there...but I would NOT pay $200 a night for sure..Hell to the no!! Lol..but would I stay here if my circumstances forced me to..yes.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Aaron S, Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Erica,
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere at our property during Mardi Gras Pub Crawl 2014. On behalf of the Inn at Grand Glaize, I would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations. We are working hard to make improvements in our facility as well as the services we provide. I welcome comments like yours – good and bad, so that we can make adjustments where needed. We are in the process of addressing the shortcomings you have pointed out through remedial training as well as ongoing efforts to keep our facility updated. Please contact me so we can further discuss your stay with us. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Hinckley, IL
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is old, but appears to be trying. The view from the lobby, dining room and lakeside rooms is great. We were there as fall colors were peak. They have made some upgrades, but to be honest, it is still showing signs of being old. It is NOT a complete remodel and the beds were not the most comfortable. There is new carpet and flat screens, but there are many aspects of the room that are still old, doors, balcony, bathrooms, closets. That being said, I cannot say we were unhappy with our stay for the price and the breakfast and view from the dining room was surprisingly good. Overall, we were happy with our stay for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lovestravel2
Aaron S, Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are working diligently to renovate all of our rooms and this is an ongoing process. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our wonderful view and were pleased with the service you received as well as the quality of our food. We strive to compete in our local market and offer the best value for price paid to our guests. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When we first arrived they gave us a room on the 1st floor which we thought was cool because the game room, and jaccuzzi were on the same floor. However it was outdated and a little run down. So I went and complained and we got a room on the 3rd floor. Talk about an upgrade! After that it was great. The café was Amazing! The drinks at the bar were great too! Very friendly staff! If you stay here I would recommend requesting a room on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MzConnie12
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed there for several nights and had several meals there for a conference and pleasure. We were not by any means disappointed. It was all great. The staff were great and friendly and professional. The view was outstanding. Nearby shopping and attractions were very well done. We were there in the "off season" and yet we had a great a great time! A wonderful place to stay. My wife and I loved it!

Room Tip: Enjoy and have a great time!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Parkville, Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I paid for a balcony lake view when I checked in the balcony was a big tree view so I went to front desk and complained just so happens just got an available lake view room. I think they try to pawn the crappy rooms of on who will take them with no complaints. I paid for a lake view I wanted a lake view after that was taken care of we had a great time nice hotel would have given 5 if they didn't try to bamboosal me.

Room Tip: Get a middle and high floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked the romance package at over $150 a night for 2 nights. Within the first 2 hours of checking in, we...changed rooms because they put us in the wrong room, discovered the"lake view" we paid for consisted of 3/4 dirt parking lot with college girls squatting next to their car to relieve themselves and 1/4 lake, the room was dirty and run down, there was a large footprint on the wall and a dirty wash cloth waded up on the top of the shower curtain, the glass door our balcony barely opened and closed and the chairs on the balcony were falling apart. From there or experience was enhanced by the food on the breakfast bar was cold, the morning manager that was supposed to make things right moved us to a better room, but this was just the room we should have had the first night. She was rude, never apologized and could not have cared less about our experience. There is trash and brush pulled up on the grounds, the carpet in the restaurant is nearly black from dirt, the wood near the stairs to the pool is rotted and falling apart. We well never go back.

Room Tip: Go someplace else, there are many other hotels all over the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family