“Dirty hotel”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Dirty hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Towels, washcloths, and linens were so thin I would have used them for cleaning rags at home. Old building, poorly maintained. Bathroom fan switch turns on a heat lamp. Building not handicapped accessible in any manner. Dirt everywhere. Check in/out person did not inquire as to whether anything was acceptable. He probably knows that it isn't. Poor value for money. Very basic accommodations not worth the $100 per night cost. Convenient location and easy in and out.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ARL75
anne5742, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
After reading this comment about the Comfort Inn It became pretty obvious to me that this person is upset with the rate that they paid. The only form of retaliation is to attack the integrity of the property. in this case, its cleanliness. In our defense I have to say that we recieve many more compliments about the cleanliness of this motel than we do complaints. Very recently we were inspected by our parent company, Choice Hotels International, and received a very good score. The county health department and fire marshall have also inspected within the last couple of weeks and gave us very high marks as well. The lady from the health department said, and I quote, " This is one of the cleanest properties that I inspect, I really don't have much to write down. If all the places that I inspected were like this, it would make my job a lot easier."
Folks, in closing, please read our other reviews. The majority of our guests are pleased with the accomodations at the Comfort Inn - Lake of the Ozarks. We'll do everything we can to keep it that way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I have been to "the lake" many times and chose to stay in a hotel since we were staying only one night. (We usually stay in a condo) . Check in was easy, staff courteous, no elevator and room was on second floor, we were in room 220 which smelled heavily of cigarette smoke (non-smoking hotel), bathroom very small, guest washer and dryer unavailable in main building, had to go to 2nd building, and machines very dated. This time of year it was very quiet but is currently off season and hotel not booked up. Will go back to staying in a condo.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Midwesterner0910
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

my husband and I stayed for 1 night the staff is very friendly and the room was very clean and keept up the tv was the only thing old but i dont blame them people steal anything. Even a fancy resort we stayed at the next night had a old tv. Highly recommend.
My husband use to inspect hotels for a living and he was impressed for the price in the area.

Room Tip: very quite the whole hotel is non smoking
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Bland, Mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

Ellen assisted us in registration, getting us the best deal, assisting with phone calls, with patience, friendly, cooperative assistance

Room Tip: check on line, before traveling
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Panama City Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

I attempted to make a reservation, while traveling on a leisure shopping trip to the lake with my family. I was quoted a price by Choice Hotels Reservation and this Comfort Inn would not agree to price quoted and tried to charge more. I agreed based on initial price, but refused to pay extra, as you should not be able to charge more, after the fact.
I specifically said to "CANCEL" the reservation before ever getting off the phone and that
I did not want any charges against my card. We booked elsewhere and Comfort Inn fraudulently charged my debit card. I called them and the front desk lady was extremely rude, unhelpful, uncaring and even hung up on me!
I have turned this over to my bank as fraud & the Better Buisness Bureau.
**BEWARE!! ONCE THEY GET YOUR CARD NUMBER THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!***

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank gatnip69
anne5742, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
We , at the Comfort Inn - Lake of the Ozarks have done absolutely nothing illegal or fraudulent with this person's debit card. Also, when he called our motel, the tone he took with our front desk clerk was the reason she hung up on him, only, after he had been warned. She was not the rude one. This person also reported us to Choice Hotels International (our parent company), and The Better Business Bureau. After reviewing the facts in this case, both Choice Hotels and the BBB dropped his charges against the motel and removed his complaints from their records.
If you want an accurate desciption of what the Comfort Inn - Lake of the Ozarks is like, read our other reviews.
Paola, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Our family stayed in Osage Beach for a few days and once again chose this Comfort Inn. We are always so impressed with the service, the cleanliness and the free amenities. Their rates are very reasonable and the free continental breakfast is 1st class! There were no hidden charges and the staff is exceptional. Do not hesitate to book your next stay here! A+++

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hanpep
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

Went here late April 2010 with my sister for a getaway weekend. Despite the non-stop rain we had a blast! The hotel was very clean, the front desk people were very friendly and the location was great! They offer a free breakfast, which is great. It included make your own waffles with syrup and cherries, muffins, doughnuts, bagels and bread. 2 4-slot toasters, cream cheese and butter and jelly. Biscuits and gravy and hard boiled eggs. Orange juice, apple juice and coffee.. Check in and check out were fast and easy and I would definetly stay at the hotel again in the future!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Inn At Grand Glaize
Inn At Grand Glaize
#10 of 14 in Osage Beach
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach? Share your experiences!