“Very Clean But Vary dated”

Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Osage Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This motel was extra clean in the room, the hall, the bathroom, etc.
However, it is dated back to the 50s or 60s.
Chkj-inj & out was great. The breakfast was just ok.
There is no elevator to our second floor room which is a problem for those like us, in our 80s.
The personnel all were polite. not really helpful to sight-seerers.
The Osage area has nice views but nothing really to do but drive around. The roads and streets
are difficult to maneuver.
Lake of the Ozarks is a beautiful area but Osage Beach has seen better days. We had planned to stay 3 nites but left after one.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a dated motel....very clean but from the 5o0s. no elevator'.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan U, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your recent stay at Comfort Inn, Lake of the Ozarks, we appreciate your business. We agree that we are due for an update and upgrade, and are going to start one within this next year. However I just wanted to clarify that the motel opened in 1994, and just turned 20 years old this last May, so it's not quite that dated. We are also looking forward to the improvements and upgrades and, hope that if your back this way again to give us another try sometime. Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Air freshener in entry and halls so strong that I had asthma type cough and congestion. Wondered if it used to be a smoking allowed building and it was being concerted. Carpet in room was sticky like cleaner had not been extracted. Not so in second room. No signs of bed bugs. Wifi did not work. Had to have someone come reset tv cable box. Older property so just needs elbow grease. Breakfast was adequate. No greet noise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This has pretty much everything you would expect in a Comfort Inn, plus another pool. They occupy what must have been two separate but neighboring hotels, one with an indoor pool and one with an outdoor pool, so they offer both here. The outdoor pool is the nicer of the two. Avoid the "spa" by the indoor pool. The jets don't work right, so water just sort of gushes up along the sides. The thing looks more like an old carp pond, anyway. But the pools are nice.

Also good: clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff, working Wi-Fi. All good on these counts!

This place was built pre-ADA and there is no elevator, so if you can't climb stairs, ask for first floor accommodations when reserving a room -- though even the first floor has a few steps that must be navigated, between the hallway and the lobby area.

The only other downside we could find is that there is no meat offered with the free breakfast, other than the sausage bits found in the biscuit gravy. Some sausages or bacon would have been nice.

Decent place, decent price. Not a resort by any stretch, but not a bad place to send a night or two.

Room Tip: No elevator here, so reserve accordingly if anybody in your party has trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Beds are comfortable and the cable selection is good. However, if you plan on sleeping in while you are vacationing at the Lake of the Ozarks, This may not be the place for you. Breakfast ends at 9:30 on Sunday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at Comfort Inn on a Saturday night. Was very convenient to walk to Main Street Opry show. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean and breakfast next morning had nice selection. Have stayed before and never had a problem.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

You know, we stayed there a couple of weeks ago, again. We stay there several times a year. It is a great property, clean, updated, reasonable, good breakfast, good beds. So what could I complain about?? The front desk is the most unfriendly we have run into in decades. This may sound weird because we will always stay there. We travel a LOT, all over the United States, Mexico and Canada. So we've stayed in lots of hotels. And of all the thousands of times we have stopped to stay, the one place is right here in Missouri where friendliness is really lacking. As I remember, this is an older family-owned hotel, so I think they have been around for a very long time. I just always find it so hard to understand how hard a smile or friendly hello each time you walkin that door can be? Whether it's to welcome you for the night, coming in for breakfast the next morning. Asking a question about the area...........come on! The Lake of the Ozarks area is sorely hurting as a resort area. It's an old area and Branson, MO. has stolen a lot of the business, plus the new highway has put so many of the older businesses and shows that are left, off the beaten path. Maybe friendlieness or the lack, thereof, is not really hurting at all?? Otherwise, great place to stay. Doesn't keep us from coming back. The desk is so strict that there are no leeways though, run strictly by the book. Hope I never have to cancel as one other customer needed to.

Room Tip: top floor means no one walking above you, also we use a noise machine
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I work in a city over 300 miles from the Lake. I planned a weekend reunion with my kids and had a two night reservation for April 12-13, 2014. I was unable to leave my job for this weekend and called on April 11 at 6:00 p.m. to cancel my reservation for the next night. I was told that there is a 24 hour cancellation notice and that I was 3 hours over the requirement. I asked to speak to the manager. She said that I was speaking to the manager. I asked her if the hotel was totally booked and if it was, I would be agreeable to pay for the room due to a lost booking for the hotel. She couldn't tell me if they were totally booked or not. This is early April and we are talking about a lake area. There is no way this was 100% booked. This manager is the very worst I have ever dealt with. She has absolutely ZERO customer service capabilities! I paid Comfort Inn $110.46 for a room I never used because I cancel led my room 21 hours before the 3:00 check in deadline. I will NEVER use ANY Comfort Inn again!

Room Tip: Stay away from Comfort Inn
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
Lodge of  Four Seasons
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Osage Beach? Share your experiences!