“Confussed - Dale”
Review of American Inn Ozark

American Inn Ozark
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I lived in this Hotel for 6 months arriving from California to make a new home in Missouri. I just read comments from two reviews and I am confused. JM stated the eggs were hard, sausage wasn’t warm, and milk seems spoiled, are you sure you are talking about the right hotel? In my 6 months stay they have never served eggs or sausage and the milk gets used so fast it would not have a chance to spoil. The owner makes really good waffles occasionally, which I have heard many guests rave about. Katie there is hot water in the hotel; I am not sure what happen to you? In my 6 month that I stayed I seen a lot of customer come and go very satisfied with the hotel. I personally got to know the owner who is makes a big effort to satisfy his customers, has a warm and friendly attitude. I personally recommend the hotel otherwise I would not have lived there for 6 months while searching for a home to buy.

Room Tip: The hotel has selected rooms that can be entered from the outside and inside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dale L
There are newer reviews for American Inn Ozark

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This place was clean and if you need a night off the road for a quick snooze, then this is what you need. Dont expect to take a warm shower though. There was no hot water. The linens on the bed were all wrong. The fitted sheet was too large and kept coming off. The comforter was thin at best. There was a spare thick blanket in the drawer, but it didnt appear to have been cleaned in a good while. No disposable cups, coffee maker, fridge, hair dryer, microwave in room. For 60.00/night these are things one expects. Breakfast was late. I had to ask to get breakfast going so I could feed my kid. I felt if I was paying so much for the room I was going to get the "continental" breakfast I paid for as well. Not a great stay. We had one bed room and there was not even a couch to spruce up the room and offer seating. Just a hole where something needed to be. No coffee/kitchen table. Not worth the price of staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 17 December 2012

It was such a pleasure to find the American Inn in Ozark during our recent trip from California to Missouri. The room was clean and comfortable. My husband and I were finally able to relax and enjoy ourselves. The manager was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed including the extra pillows we requested. Our cat was welcome here. The continental breakfast was very good and the menu was slightly different every morning we stayed there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Ozark, Missouri.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Wonderfull Accommaditions, Great Service, & Courteous Staff. The breakfast was a contenential breakfast just as we were told at the time of Check Inn. Rooms were very clean and comfortable they even made out pet cat feel at home Wonderful overall expeience. Very honest and respectfull Staff who were diligent in their job of making our stay a plesent one If you are in the Ozark or Branson, MO area I Highly recommend this Motel for your stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Room was clean & bed pretty comfortable.
Breakfast was pitiful at best. White bread for toast, 4 cereal choices, bananas, juice, coffee, and milk. Was told there would be waffle maker- NOT! Told there was bagels- NOT!
No coffee makers in room. No cups inbathroom. No hairdryer (was available if you asked at the office- not much good after the fact.)
If you just want a room to sleep- OK. If you want more- NO GO!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is a small and a tad shabby hotel. They make the most of what it is, and the paint was fresh in our room. The people were friendly, the room was clean and ok for a quick night off of the highway. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, but your doors open to the outside and into the hallway. You can go into the hallway and do a load of laundry if you have been on the road for awhile. They have coffee available and a small breakfast. You can sit on the stoop out front of your room and enjoy some fresh air. I found this hotel to be a step above a Super 8. It smelled better. There are several antique shops next to this hotel that are worth visiting. Actually Ozark is an antique shoppers paradise. We spent a whole day and an evening going through them.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uncjillrossmom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We had reservations at this hotel for 2 nights. The bed was hard, the couch had springs sticking up and very lumpy, and the room smelled. We did have a new tv in our room and wifi. This hotel needs alot of upgrades. the offered breakfast, which we did not partake in. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vicky9603
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Quality Inn
#19 of 49 in Springfield
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#11 of 49 in Springfield

Been to American Inn Ozark? Share your experiences!