“SoCal to SW Missouri”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Thousand Oaks, California
“SoCal to SW Missouri”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We did internet search prior to trip and went there because the price. We were very surprised. It was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at on our trip from SoCal to Missouri. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was waffles, donuts, cereal and coffee. But 2 of the 4 days there was biscuits and gravy. Not too elaborate but the food was good. There was always fresh coffee. There was a laundry room which was nice. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Internet service was decent. Brand new flat screen TV. I would stay again if I were in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked this hotel with low expectations, but found that the staff went above and beyond expectations to ensure my stay was great. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed, not the Hilton, but not a motel 6. They were comfortable with nice tv with cable. Wifi was quick and easy to access. In short this hotel was a great find, inexpensive and comfortable. Area attractions were within 15 mile drive to Branson and Springfield. The breakfast choices were donuts, muffins and cereal. There was a great waffle maker to which the owner came out and made my waffle! On check out in was offered a bottle of water for my road trip. Again above and belong in terms of customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was visiting family in December 2013. I should have stayed in Springfield and drove, and I will never stay there again. The room was roughly $55 and Motel 6 quality. The room appeared clean, but in the morning, my kids and I were covered in bed bug bites. We found several crawling over the sheets and on the pillows. I captured a few in an empty bottle and called the front desk.

The women claimed to be a manager and started brushing them off of the bed. She stopped when I mentioned that I already had some captured. She first claimed that they must be fleas from a previous guest. Then she tried to say that we must have tracked them in from outside. She didn't offer any compensation or help.

I contacted the state health department and sent them pictures as well. We had to throw out our luggage because of the bedbugs. When I later called the hotel, a man claiming to be the manager became hostile as soon as I identified myself. He said that because of me, the previous woman was fired, and the state had investigated the hotel. He refused to give a full name and refused to give me contact information for the corporate owners/office. I explained that I wanted the room refunded because of the bedbugs, which he refused. I told him that I was trying to work with him before I contacted my credit card company. He ended up hanging up on me.

Thank God I used my American Express card because they did their investigation and refunded my purchase after the hotel refused to work with them. I have stay in many different hotels across the country, but I have never had this bad of an experience and had never had bedbugs either.

I don't know how this hotel had such great reviews (which is why I stayed there), but let the buyer beware!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank alanapoppy
ozarkamericaninn, Manager at American Inn Ozark, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
This guest was checked in by our front desk lady and all was ok, and when she checked out she complained to her which was found to be not satisfactory as she was told if she had any problems why she not complained immediately, why at the time of checkout.She asked for refund which was refused. She complained to State Health and The Inspector checked few rooms and the room in particular and gave his NEGATIVE REPORT WHICH IS ON FILE and we can send it if required. She was just Hallucinating and asking for refund after full use. It was like eating food in restaurant and then yelling roach or bug in food and not paying for food eaten. She stayed in room and then asking for refund at the time of checkout and then filed complaint with State health and AMEX for chargeback.
Her review is highly derogatory and damaging for the upcoming business and we would like to talk to TRIPADVISOR to kindly remove this business damaging review and we assure our property is clean and we can complete pest control services in effect. I can be contacted at 417 693 1742 anytime. We cannot satisfy 100% but always try being in Hospitality business to be polite and humble with guests.

Travellers are raving about these Ozark hotels

Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked a room based on the reviews of others on trip advisor. We were quite unimpressed by this establishment. First, the owner was never friendly to us and acted like we were bothering him when I requested extra pillows. Then, the waffles some people were raving about? He did make me one, never asking my husband if he'd like one. The breakfast offerings were dismal: stale cereal, 2 plastic-wrapped pastries, bananas, and coffee. I asked for water and again it was like he was put out by having to give me a bottled water. What really sealed the deal was seeing dirty cleaning rag on the counter next to the food. Really? Not to mention the burned out lightbulb in the dining room so there was only one working light. The only fitness center I saw was a treadmill in the lobby.
On the plus side, it did appear that our room was clean. And the AC/heating unit worked great. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and accommodated our request for a quiet room. However, the toilet was loose. And housekeeping didn't come one of the 4 days we were there. When I went to ask for housekeeping, the owner didn't even apologize. He merely said, "she will be there today."
We had other family members stay at this place also and the general consensus is we're never coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lrwilcox
This guest had very discriminative attitude and she made analysis of things own her own. Their mother had stayed with us 2 times before and she was very pleased. Her husband is completely cool guy and had stayed here with her MOM. But the lady guest criticized everything and want to ruin our business by putting such review and we try to do our best in such hard times. I would appreciate if somebody from Tripadvisor contact us at 4176931742 and we explain our position and would like this review to be removed away as it hurts the business badly.
Anil Hooda Manager
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Inn for a week while on business and pleasure in Missouri. The owner is friendly and courteous. We felt like we were friends by the time we left. We were there in October and it was very quiet and peaceful. And yes, the waffles were the best! I would recommend the American Inn and we will stay there again next time we return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank xjuice
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the American Inn Ozark on our way shopping in Springfield and Branson. Anil, the manager made us feel welcome and was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The room was very clean and quiet. We enjoyed the breakfast. The waffles were Great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I slept 9 hours straight it was so quiet. The owner knows how to treat customers. Several guest came to breakfast after it was over but he made more coffee and got food items back out for us. Our room was way cleaner than most hotels.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank msgivens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Quality Inn
#34 of 49 in Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield
#17 of 49 in Springfield

Been to American Inn Ozark? Share your experiences!