“Beware of this place!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I blocked out 10 rooms for a family event but was given no reservation number and they indicated that they needed my credit card only to keep the block open until I cancelled. An hour later I called and cancelled. They then turned around and charged me for the rooms saying I did not cancel the rooms. I didn't realize they had 'reserved' the rooms for me because they gave me no reservation number. When I cancelled, they gave no cancellation number so I never thought any 'reservations' had been made. Basically, I am out $800 because they deny I cancelled. I tried to talk to the manager but he would not even talk to me. I tried to go to Choice Hotels corporate but they said the hotels are independent and could not do anything. I have phone records showing the two calls placed within one hour of each other. Just letting folks know what is going on with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank disallusionedTourist

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Hotel appears to be next to Hwy 65, but you actually have to turn back to the west and then turn left (south) in about a block. Several good antique malls within walking distance from motel. One exit from popular Lambert's restaurant, where they throw the hot rolls. The motel was reasonably priced. Breakfast was acceptable, but not great. Room was clean. A/C worked fine, but a little noisy. Road noise was not a problem. When leaving, it is advisable to go west one block before turning on the main road (22nd street instead of 21st street, I think). If you try to get on the main road from 21st street, make sure you have a transmission with a strong hold. The location of the stop sign at the top of a high hill makes for an unpleasant experience when trying to enter into fast and sometimes congested traffic. Has smoking rooms, so walking the hall was a little unpleasant at times. Could not get internet to work on my IPad. Set up for Windows computers.

Room Tip: AAA and military discounts.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I was on the road in October 2010 when it suddenly got dark & started raining hard. I decided to look for a motel. My GPS said there was a Comfort Inn close to my location, I usually have a good experience with Comfort Inn so I tried to drive to the location. It isn't well marked, I stopped at the Quik Trip for assistance. When I checked in they told me they were almost full. They do not have an elevator so I had to lug my large suitcase upstairs- I am 60 years old. They gave me a room near the stairs-bad move.!! I was close to the ice machine, vending machine, and my bed wall was the staircase wall. The air conditioning never worked - luckily I had a small fan in my trunk. TV remote only worked on certain channels. No fridge in room. Someone kept walking up and down the stairs hitting the wall like they were listening to music ( not motels fault EXCEPT I suggest they put artwork on the wall to keep people from hitting it) Workers took smoke break outside under my window, had to look out window twice and give evil stare to get them to move! Has wi fi but my computer said it wasn't secure. Toilet did not always work. Room shabby. Bed did have clean sheets-yes! As you can probably guess, I did NOT try breakfast in the morning, I went to the Quik Trip. I will be traveling to the Ozark area alot for the next few years, BUT I WILL NOT STAY THERE!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2010

2 sweaters and a 25 dollar gift card disappeared during our stay here. The front desk woman very defensive and would not let us file a claim.. My daughter 19 and I 46 stayed foe 5 nights due to a death in our family, I also reserved a room for my brother in law, who arrived later then we did. He also was unhappy with the quality of his room and his clock radio was obivously broken as it was unplugged. The breakfast was not what they Aadvertized and that was blamed on delivery trucks. The hot tub was not working thje wehole time we were there. Staff kept saying tomarrow, it would weork. The media center did not include a printer. So we could not print our boarding passes. I have never stayed in a hotel that seemed gehetto. It was not inexpensive.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Oh, how I wish I had read these reviews first. I was in the comfort in for 5 nights. Although the room was shabby(recliner springs broken, dresser drawer didn't function properly...) the first night went without incident, but on the second night when I returned in the evening, neither of my keys would work in the door. I went down to the lobby, they reswiped the keys and all was good. Night 3 I returned to find that my keys didn't work again. Again, I went to the lobby. This time they told me I was locked out because the drain was leaking in my tub. They moved me to the room next door. A minor inconvenience, but, it happens. I moved all my stuff to the room next door. the AC had been shut off in the second room, so it was at least 80 degrees. I turned on the AC, and an hour later it was no cooler. I went back to the lobby the staff sent the owners teenage son (or grandson) up to check the AC unit. he placed his hand in front of the AC and said "It's cooling" he also explained that it was really hot outside and it might take a while for the AC to catch up. I left the room to go eat, and when I returned 2 hours later. it was still hot. Again I went down to the lobby, and for the second time that day, they moved me to another room. This room at least had functioning AC, and everything went well till the next morning when I got up and tried to shower. I was in the shower maybe 5 minutes, and by the time I finished I was standing in water past my ankles.

All in all, I had a terrible experience with Comfort Inn in Ozark, Mo. and I will not be a returning guest.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Room, was okay, breakfast was great, problems with one of the cribs left: had dirty sheets, thankfully had anohter one in the room. The costumer service was terrible on Sat and Sun mid morning- early afternoon, lady was rude and hatefull, first telling me that I did not have a resv. when I called twice to conform, told me there was nothing she could do...refused to give me her name, told me management was not available, even when she conform that the person who made my resv, was a person who worked there she still told me that she could not do anything and continued to be rude. Come to find out they spelled my last name wrong, so thankfully we did have have a room (we were 3 hours from home) then on the day we were to check out she sat there and argued with me telling me that I already checked out...I asked how could I have checked out if I was standing there with the keys, she just inseted that the people that stayed in our room had checked out. Another problem I had was that 5 different times I tried to get managment and was told that he was "unavailable".....3 time from the lady that was being rude (management door was open and light on). If they would just help this lady work on being polite then the hotel would be great, But during our weekend I had to argue with her for a total of about 1.5 hours just to know we have a room, and that I don't have an evil twin checking me out of hotels....this is what ruined my weekend ( I had to miss part of monster trucks just to make sure I had somewhere to sleep with my three kids) Oh by the way my resv. were made a week prior and I called Thursday night just to conferm...so I knew I should of had a room.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Russellville, AR
Reviewed 5 July 2006

When we arrived, we needed to change clothes and get to a wedding quickly. The room was excessively warm; we thought the window air conditioner had just been turned on and hadn't had time to cool the room. WRONG! When we returned a few hours later, the room was even hotter - the front desk said "No rooms available" when we asked to transfer to another space. Someone came to check our AC about an hour later. He turned the unit off and on several times, removed the AC filter, did "whatever" and the unit's compressor began working - shortly before midnight the room was finally cool enough for us to sleep. That's when we discovered the hole in the sheet, which went well with the sticky bathroom floor we encountered a little earlier. The next morning we also discovered that there was no hot water - other guests voiced the same complaint about their cool showers To top it all, we made our reservation 2 months earlier and negotiated a small savings on the rate - we were charged $10 more and told (politely) we "must have misunderstood".

The hot room, holey sheet, sticky floor, cold shower, AND overcharge were just a little too much to ignore.... We don't recommend this hotel at all!

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
#20 of 51 in Springfield
Quality Inn - US65 & East Battlefield Rd.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!