“Very impressed with this Comfort Inn”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Oklahoma
“Very impressed with this Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Are the reviews below for the same hotel? I found it less expensive and better quality than many comparable hotels in Branson. A spotlessly clean and well-maintained facility with friendly and helpful manager-owners (American citizens, both naturalized and native-born), a better than average breakfast buffet, and beautiful flower beds. In driving distance following Branson shows (about 30 minutes), 4 miles from the famous Lambert Cafe and less than 1 mile from other restaurants, and in walking distance of 4 antique malls (Ozark being the antiques capital of southern Missouri). Just a little tricky to find: go west on Missouri 14 from the U.S. 65 exit and turn left on Evangel AFTER the service station.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tweentrails

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rockdale, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2011

As a business traveler, I'm very careful with my travel dollars. I've paid considerably more and gotten considerably less. Excellent service. Kind, patient and understanding when I had to repair minor roadside hazard damage to my horse trailer. The room was fine in all particulars. The location and the amenities were fine in all particulars. Breakfast was good and substantial. Waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, yogurt. Only things missing were some of the tv channels (HBO, etc), an elevator, and a printer in the business center.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

When we arrived Wed. evening around 9:30, our room on the 2nd floor was an OVEN! With a hot day 90O, the A/C was not even on!! It took 11/2 to 2 hrs for the room to cool down enough for us to get to sleep. >:o[

The light switch by the door wouldn't turn off; my husband climbed onto a chair & unscrewed the bulb. The maintenance man (a very nice, patient man) said this was the 4th TIME that had happened in that room!! (#222). Next day when we arrived ~5:30, our room was OPEN & no one was around! There was grit on the floor from where the light fixture had been removed, but not replaced.

Next morning at breakfast, the waffle-maker shorted out 2-3 times, blowing a fuse each time. My waffle was hard as a rock. A little girl after me made a waffle, & it was charred black. You could smell it all over the first floor. There were very few scrambled eggs, & they were hard too.

The ceiling fixture in our room was gone next day. That switch operated the ceiling light, the desk light, & one of the lights by the bed (mine).

Bed was very poorly made. Maid left all extra pillows in the chair! (We didn't leave a tip.)

2nd day, waffle iron was "broke that day" according to the sign, there were no hot eggs, just cold biscuits & barely warm gravy. My husband used the microwave on his. There were only 2-3 sausage patties left when we arrived. When they were gone, I asked the hotel owner to make more. She was not happy about it, & they weren't as done as the previous ones. I had hard boiled eggs & cereal. A Quality Inn hot breakfast? NOT!

Heard of new furniture & tv, but saw none.

Also, one of our key cards didn't work, & we were locked out by 9:30 am!! The owner's response was, "You're checking out today, right?" Yes, but with all our luggage! She didn't re-do the key, & it cost us a big misunderstanding (plus a huge argument) between me & my husband. >:[

At the back customer entrance, there were piles of sheets all stacked up against the hotel. ?!?! They're saving them for ...??? An employee told me that they had a room full of old sheets, but when they couldn't sell them, they donated them to the Joplin tornado victims. Some donation!

The owners are from India. Very stingy, & rude. Save your money for a better place. I called corp. HQ, & was told to get a refund I'd have to get it from the hotel. Fat chance.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a best room! Maybe on the west side, away from the highway. Maybe.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I blocked out 10 rooms for a family event but was given no reservation number and they indicated that they needed my credit card only to keep the block open until I cancelled. An hour later I called and cancelled. They then turned around and charged me for the rooms saying I did not cancel the rooms. I didn't realize they had 'reserved' the rooms for me because they gave me no reservation number. When I cancelled, they gave no cancellation number so I never thought any 'reservations' had been made. Basically, I am out $800 because they deny I cancelled. I tried to talk to the manager but he would not even talk to me. I tried to go to Choice Hotels corporate but they said the hotels are independent and could not do anything. I have phone records showing the two calls placed within one hour of each other. Just letting folks know what is going on with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank disallusionedTourist
McLoud, OK
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Hotel appears to be next to Hwy 65, but you actually have to turn back to the west and then turn left (south) in about a block. Several good antique malls within walking distance from motel. One exit from popular Lambert's restaurant, where they throw the hot rolls. The motel was reasonably priced. Breakfast was acceptable, but not great. Room was clean. A/C worked fine, but a little noisy. Road noise was not a problem. When leaving, it is advisable to go west one block before turning on the main road (22nd street instead of 21st street, I think). If you try to get on the main road from 21st street, make sure you have a transmission with a strong hold. The location of the stop sign at the top of a high hill makes for an unpleasant experience when trying to enter into fast and sometimes congested traffic. Has smoking rooms, so walking the hall was a little unpleasant at times. Could not get internet to work on my IPad. Set up for Windows computers.

Room Tip: AAA and military discounts.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I was on the road in October 2010 when it suddenly got dark & started raining hard. I decided to look for a motel. My GPS said there was a Comfort Inn close to my location, I usually have a good experience with Comfort Inn so I tried to drive to the location. It isn't well marked, I stopped at the Quik Trip for assistance. When I checked in they told me they were almost full. They do not have an elevator so I had to lug my large suitcase upstairs- I am 60 years old. They gave me a room near the stairs-bad move.!! I was close to the ice machine, vending machine, and my bed wall was the staircase wall. The air conditioning never worked - luckily I had a small fan in my trunk. TV remote only worked on certain channels. No fridge in room. Someone kept walking up and down the stairs hitting the wall like they were listening to music ( not motels fault EXCEPT I suggest they put artwork on the wall to keep people from hitting it) Workers took smoke break outside under my window, had to look out window twice and give evil stare to get them to move! Has wi fi but my computer said it wasn't secure. Toilet did not always work. Room shabby. Bed did have clean sheets-yes! As you can probably guess, I did NOT try breakfast in the morning, I went to the Quik Trip. I will be traveling to the Ozark area alot for the next few years, BUT I WILL NOT STAY THERE!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Oroville, California
Reviewed 30 July 2010

2 sweaters and a 25 dollar gift card disappeared during our stay here. The front desk woman very defensive and would not let us file a claim.. My daughter 19 and I 46 stayed foe 5 nights due to a death in our family, I also reserved a room for my brother in law, who arrived later then we did. He also was unhappy with the quality of his room and his clock radio was obivously broken as it was unplugged. The breakfast was not what they Aadvertized and that was blamed on delivery trucks. The hot tub was not working thje wehole time we were there. Staff kept saying tomarrow, it would weork. The media center did not include a printer. So we could not print our boarding passes. I have never stayed in a hotel that seemed gehetto. It was not inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#3 of 4 in Ozark
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#26 of 49 in Springfield
Quality Inn - US65 & East Battlefield Rd.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
#9 of 49 in Springfield
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
#33 of 49 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!