“Have stayed in MUCH better!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Greenville, Texas, United States
“Have stayed in MUCH better!”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were checked in by a very young girl (we later found out she is the owner's daughter). The facility was old & very dated, but seemed fairly clean. It was EXTREMELY hot in the hallways, but our room cooled off quickly. We called downstairs to see if they had a rollaway, they did, but didn't know when they could deliver it as she was the only person working. My son went & helped her get it out of a closet and he brought it to our room.
Upon check-out, we were charged $10 for the rollaway. When we called and asked there was no mention of an upcharge for a rollaway. I certainly don't think I should have been charged for it if I wasn't told there was a charge AND I had to send someone in my family to get it. The woman who checked my husband out was rude. I went to try to work this $10 charge out with her and she was extremely rude and arrogant. She kept cutting me off and wouldn't let me talk. She told me I should have checked their website to see if there was a charge for the rollaway. She basically told me I was stupid to think that I wouldn't be charged for that. Everytime I tried to talk she would cut me off. I finally waited until she was finished and explained how I felt she was being rude. I told her I would be contacting Comfort Inn and she said she was an independent owner. She said she had never dealt w/rude customers like me. She needs to learn customer service and I suggested she train her employees (family) in customer service as well. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!! It wasn't just that we were charged without warning...it was her attitude and condescending manner in which she spoke that completely turned us off.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Dee C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Leesburg, FL
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Large screen TV in lobby with comfortable seating, coffee and tea 24/7, friendly staff, clean rooms. No elevator, but staff accomodated my ground floor request. All King beds are on the second floor. Queen beds are on the ground floor. Surrounded by antique malls in easy walking distance. Close to Branson or Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask before you book if you need a frig for medications. There isn't one provided in this motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ggleesburg
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 14 May 2012

1. Our room was excellent and what we reserved.
2. Permitting smoking in the hotel and smoking rooms is a BIG negative. That smell is everywhere! I strongly recommend you ban smoking in the building and convert smoking rooms to non-smoking.
3. The TV in lobby needs repair.
4. The pool was very nice and adds considerably to the hotel.
5. The breakfast was so-so. I wish you had a bigger dining area. It was crowded very early.
6. The price is outstanding.

Room Tip: Well worth the price. Second floor has less smoke than first floor (at least it seem that way).
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bruce W
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Made a reservation for 2/25/12 with a clerk named Al for a Kingsize bed with refrigerator & microwave. He gave me a confirmation # with these requests for a handicap room on the first floor. When we arrived the room had 2 queen beds & no refrigerator or microwave, nor was it a handicap room. The only thing right was that it was on the first floor. Al was the clerk on duty & told us that was how the reservation was made. NOT!! He graciously moved us to a room that had a refrigerator & microwave but said there were no kingbeds available. We did not care whether it was handicap or not. When we checked out this morning, Al had researched how this had happend & found that the reservation had been changed by the owners wife. We were not informed of any change. Al did a terrific job of finding out what happened, but I feel we should have been offered some compensation for THEIR mistake. We will not stay there again nor will I recommend it to friends & family.

Room Tip: I was given a confirmation # & the room was still not what I reserved. I guess your should chec...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Judy E
Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Are the reviews below for the same hotel? I found it less expensive and better quality than many comparable hotels in Branson. A spotlessly clean and well-maintained facility with friendly and helpful manager-owners (American citizens, both naturalized and native-born), a better than average breakfast buffet, and beautiful flower beds. In driving distance following Branson shows (about 30 minutes), 4 miles from the famous Lambert Cafe and less than 1 mile from other restaurants, and in walking distance of 4 antique malls (Ozark being the antiques capital of southern Missouri). Just a little tricky to find: go west on Missouri 14 from the U.S. 65 exit and turn left on Evangel AFTER the service station.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tweentrails
Rockdale, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2011

As a business traveler, I'm very careful with my travel dollars. I've paid considerably more and gotten considerably less. Excellent service. Kind, patient and understanding when I had to repair minor roadside hazard damage to my horse trailer. The room was fine in all particulars. The location and the amenities were fine in all particulars. Breakfast was good and substantial. Waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, yogurt. Only things missing were some of the tv channels (HBO, etc), an elevator, and a printer in the business center.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Columbia
Reviewed 5 August 2011

When we arrived Wed. evening around 9:30, our room on the 2nd floor was an OVEN! With a hot day 90O, the A/C was not even on!! It took 11/2 to 2 hrs for the room to cool down enough for us to get to sleep. >:o[

The light switch by the door wouldn't turn off; my husband climbed onto a chair & unscrewed the bulb. The maintenance man (a very nice, patient man) said this was the 4th TIME that had happened in that room!! (#222). Next day when we arrived ~5:30, our room was OPEN & no one was around! There was grit on the floor from where the light fixture had been removed, but not replaced.

Next morning at breakfast, the waffle-maker shorted out 2-3 times, blowing a fuse each time. My waffle was hard as a rock. A little girl after me made a waffle, & it was charred black. You could smell it all over the first floor. There were very few scrambled eggs, & they were hard too.

The ceiling fixture in our room was gone next day. That switch operated the ceiling light, the desk light, & one of the lights by the bed (mine).

Bed was very poorly made. Maid left all extra pillows in the chair! (We didn't leave a tip.)

2nd day, waffle iron was "broke that day" according to the sign, there were no hot eggs, just cold biscuits & barely warm gravy. My husband used the microwave on his. There were only 2-3 sausage patties left when we arrived. When they were gone, I asked the hotel owner to make more. She was not happy about it, & they weren't as done as the previous ones. I had hard boiled eggs & cereal. A Quality Inn hot breakfast? NOT!

Heard of new furniture & tv, but saw none.

Also, one of our key cards didn't work, & we were locked out by 9:30 am!! The owner's response was, "You're checking out today, right?" Yes, but with all our luggage! She didn't re-do the key, & it cost us a big misunderstanding (plus a huge argument) between me & my husband. >:[

At the back customer entrance, there were piles of sheets all stacked up against the hotel. ?!?! They're saving them for ...??? An employee told me that they had a room full of old sheets, but when they couldn't sell them, they donated them to the Joplin tornado victims. Some donation!

The owners are from India. Very stingy, & rude. Save your money for a better place. I called corp. HQ, & was told to get a refund I'd have to get it from the hotel. Fat chance.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a best room! Maybe on the west side, away from the highway. Maybe.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#26 of 49 in Springfield
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
Days Inn Battlefield Rd/Hwy 65
#20 of 49 in Springfield
Quality Inn - US65 & East Battlefield Rd.
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 49 in Springfield
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
Arbor Suites Medical Mile
#33 of 49 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!