“Not quite up to Comfort Inn standards.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for years whenever we visit friends/family in Ozark. However, each time we stay we always say it will be the last. They do have non-smoking rooms, however the whole hotel smells like cigarette smoke! Even though we stayed in a non-smoking room, you can still smell cigarette smoke in the room, the smell comes in room anytime you open the door as the hallways reek of tobacco smoke. Our last visit was in November and when we arrived we had to wait 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to get off the phone with a customer making reservations. At 3:00 pm they need to have 2 front desk clerks, but I've never seen more than one. We were finally checked in, had 2 connecting rooms. Only one card key would work, so went back to front desk and reported problem and she made another key. This time it worked and we were able to get in our room. However, that was the last time our key worked. Kept going to front desk and clerk kept making us new keys. Fortunately we had left connecting door open so were able to go in through sister's room to get to ours. Never got a key that worked. Talked with several other customers in hallway who had keys that would not work. An older couple got so agitated, so helped the elderly man to the front desk where they made him another key, which worked, but next day was not working. Beds are so/so, usually too tired to really care and sheets have been clean as I always pull the covers back and check; they did smell freshly laundered. Breakfast was okay, half frozen muffins, bagels, cold cereal, but we don't expect much from a free breakfast. Breakfast area is really small, so when hotel is busy there is no place to sit. There is a nice TV in lobby, but who spends all their time in the lobby when paying for a hotel room. The day we checked out I had to turn the a/c on, which caused the lights in the room to blink off and on about every 3 minutes. Smoke alarm in our room was hanging from ceiling and not connected. Now for the good part - the pool area is wonderful! Always nice and warm, pool water warm and usually clean. The tile around pool is starting to crumble, but this last visit was the first time I had seen that, so hopefully will be repaired. Hot tub is hot and clean. The pool area is why we keep returning, very nicely decorated and the kids love the pool. Only problem is that they will not keep the pool towels in the pool area, so you have to go dripping to the lobby to get towels and usually have to wait several minutes before getting helped. Still up in the air if we will return here or not, keep hoping a Fairfield (Marriott) will be built close by, as there isn't many choices near where our friends/family live unless we want to go into Springfield or down to Branson, which would make us a 30 minute trip to get to and from family.

Room Tip: We have stayed on second floor and bottom floor - not sure if any are better than others - all smell...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 December 2012

WORST HOTEL STAY EVER. No elevator and no ramps in this two-story hotel; entire place reeked of tobacco smoke, including our “nonsmoking room” (I woke up with a sore throat); heat/AC didn’t work (desk clerk couldn’t help, and apparently there were no maintenance personnel on site); side door to parking lot had a card reader, but the door could be opened without a key; room keys worked only once, then had to be reissued; adjustable shower head didn’t work; no screens in the windows; the soap bars were ridiculously small; the sofa sagged in the middle; and there was no desk in our suite. I asked the desk clerk (who was very courteous, but who was wearing a baseball cap, shorts, and no name tag or any other indication that he worked there) if we could extend our checkout time to noon; he said he “didn’t know.” This hotel needs to be razed and a new one built in its place (with a different operator). I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am in Choice Hotels for allowing this property to be part of its chain.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We weren't sure where we were going to stay and pulled off to see if they had availability. It was okay, the pool was not cold and the hot tub was not overly hot, but comfortable. I had to go ask for towels for the pool because there wasn't any in the pool area. I think that they have new management. Breakfast area was okay, there wasn't any peanut butter for the bagels. Beds were comfortable, tried to turn the heater on and you could tell it hadn't run for awhile, it had a bad odor coming out of it so we didn't use it. If you get a room on the highway side, make sure that you have ear plugs or want to run the fan/heat/air all night. The highway noise is a bit bothersome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were checked in by a very young girl (we later found out she is the owner's daughter). The facility was old & very dated, but seemed fairly clean. It was EXTREMELY hot in the hallways, but our room cooled off quickly. We called downstairs to see if they had a rollaway, they did, but didn't know when they could deliver it as she was the only person working. My son went & helped her get it out of a closet and he brought it to our room.
Upon check-out, we were charged $10 for the rollaway. When we called and asked there was no mention of an upcharge for a rollaway. I certainly don't think I should have been charged for it if I wasn't told there was a charge AND I had to send someone in my family to get it. The woman who checked my husband out was rude. I went to try to work this $10 charge out with her and she was extremely rude and arrogant. She kept cutting me off and wouldn't let me talk. She told me I should have checked their website to see if there was a charge for the rollaway. She basically told me I was stupid to think that I wouldn't be charged for that. Everytime I tried to talk she would cut me off. I finally waited until she was finished and explained how I felt she was being rude. I told her I would be contacting Comfort Inn and she said she was an independent owner. She said she had never dealt w/rude customers like me. She needs to learn customer service and I suggested she train her employees (family) in customer service as well. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!! It wasn't just that we were charged without warning...it was her attitude and condescending manner in which she spoke that completely turned us off.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dee C
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Large screen TV in lobby with comfortable seating, coffee and tea 24/7, friendly staff, clean rooms. No elevator, but staff accomodated my ground floor request. All King beds are on the second floor. Queen beds are on the ground floor. Surrounded by antique malls in easy walking distance. Close to Branson or Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask before you book if you need a frig for medications. There isn't one provided in this motel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ggleesburg
Reviewed 14 May 2012

1. Our room was excellent and what we reserved.
2. Permitting smoking in the hotel and smoking rooms is a BIG negative. That smell is everywhere! I strongly recommend you ban smoking in the building and convert smoking rooms to non-smoking.
3. The TV in lobby needs repair.
4. The pool was very nice and adds considerably to the hotel.
5. The breakfast was so-so. I wish you had a bigger dining area. It was crowded very early.
6. The price is outstanding.

Room Tip: Well worth the price. Second floor has less smoke than first floor (at least it seem that way).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Made a reservation for 2/25/12 with a clerk named Al for a Kingsize bed with refrigerator & microwave. He gave me a confirmation # with these requests for a handicap room on the first floor. When we arrived the room had 2 queen beds & no refrigerator or microwave, nor was it a handicap room. The only thing right was that it was on the first floor. Al was the clerk on duty & told us that was how the reservation was made. NOT!! He graciously moved us to a room that had a refrigerator & microwave but said there were no kingbeds available. We did not care whether it was handicap or not. When we checked out this morning, Al had researched how this had happend & found that the reservation had been changed by the owners wife. We were not informed of any change. Al did a terrific job of finding out what happened, but I feel we should have been offered some compensation for THEIR mistake. We will not stay there again nor will I recommend it to friends & family.

Room Tip: I was given a confirmation # & the room was still not what I reserved. I guess your should chec...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Judy E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
13 mi away
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#13 of 51 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!