“If we only knew...”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ozark
Austin, Texas
“If we only knew...”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel is in devastatingly bad state of disrepair. Light shrouds dangling, unpatched holes from shower rods pulling out, A/C constantly dripping on to the carpet carpet creating a three foot diameter soaked squishy carpet puddle around the unit, furnishings stained by liquid, etc.

I told the front desk about the leaking A/C upon checkout, was responded to with a nondescript "OK." No apology, nothing more than a flat "ok." To add insult to injury, upon review of the receipt, I was also charged an extra $10 for a rollaway.

Avoid this property at all costs. The American Inn is a stone's throw away, go there instead.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gus S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coffeyville, Kansas
Reviewed 11 June 2013

If you are expecting a brand new hotel you won't find it here but you will find very nice people. The young lady who works evenings on the weekend is delightful. She, along with the rest of the family who own this hotel have always been great to me when I have stayed with them. I have stayed in much newer hotels that fall short because the staff is lacking customer service. I do think that they could improve on the breakfast but all in all, I find the hotel clean and the people kind and considerate.

Room Tip: No elevator. You might want to request first floor. I also suggest they move all smoking rooms to...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Durango
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The housekeeping ladies were very nice and seemed to do a thorough job with our room. The young lady, when we checked in was very friendly. I do have a problem with foreign run businesses. I do not like to give my money to help support countries that like to kill Americans. I had a very odd and unnerving experience one night. One evening, one of the managing family members (male) was reclined on the couch when I came inside and never looked at me. My little dog and I were up the second have of the 2nd flight of the stairs when I and my dog heard this loud noise from downstairs. I got inside the landing doorway and stepped aside. The family member was on the phone talking quietly and when he saw me he stopped short. I continued on to my room and he stayed in the hall behind me a short distance. He finally went by after I got to my room. Very strange.

The breakfast area was clean, but to tight quarters to be useful to more than a couple of people at a time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley W
Napoleon, Missouri
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stay at this Comfort Inn because it is close and convenient to friends that we visit in Ozark. This stay hotel/service was a little improved. Rooms appeared to be cleaner than last few visits. Coffee pot was clean, although I stil run through a pot of hot water to make sure. Check-in was accomplished without waitinig for 15 minutes. The young woman that checked us in was nice and courteous. Our key cards actually worked this time - never had to go down and ask for key cards to be made over - so big improvement on last time. Pool and hot tub area was clean and water was warm in pool, which is one reason we keep going back. However - there were never pool towels in the pool area - so once again had to go to front desk and get towels. To me this is still a big problem - walking wet and cold through lobby area and waiting at front desk for pool towel. Breakfast was not as good as normal. Eggs were cold, biscuits were cold. Very crowded in breakfast area as it is a very small space. The woman working in breakfast area seemed very nice and friendly. Will we go back? Probably, cause there isn't anything better in area unless you go into Springfield. But hoping to see improvements each time we stay.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms don't smell like cigarette smoke, although hallways always smell like cigaret...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gigi B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013, and i had a wonderful time! The desk clerks were very nice and enthusiastic. The room was super clean and well looking. The best part is the breakfast and pool room. The biscuits were warm, the waffles were wonderful,and so were the sausages. Also the pool room had was indoors and actually blue unlike my last hotel. The only thing from my perspective they needed to improve was getting a better desk for the computer in the lobby(which was new from the looks of it) and matching the carpet in the down-stairs with the up-stairs.But overall, I loved the stay and will come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Henry196
Howard City, Michigan
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed here in March 2013. The room was clean. The staff was excellent, always willing to help. Even though they work long hours they were always accomadating. The only draw back was the breakfast it was good but was not planned very well. They ran out of gravy for biscuits for a short time. But I have found this at other Comfort Inn's as well. Need to assign a staff member to do only the breakfast and nothing else. It seems that management is assigning additional duties along with breakfast duties. But over all it was good place to stay and will return. Also is close to Lambert's Resturant, which is an excellent place to eat. Home of The Throwed Rolls. Also there are about 5 Antique Stores within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We appreciate your review and are glad you had a nice stay. We are so sorry for the problem with the biscuits, we have since then hired a staff member just to work at the breakfast. We have never run out of an item before and this was a first time for us also. We hope you come and stay with us again, without any issue.
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This hotel is very old. It does not have an elevator. They tried to put us on the 2nd floor but we protested because we had a lot of things to carry into the room. There is not much to choose from in the area so we ended up here. They told us that it usually costs $89.00 a night but we could stay for $79.00. The Drury Inn we stayed in in Fenton was $89.00 a night a far exceeds this hotel in every aspect.

First of all it is old and smells bad. The pool area is falling apart and is very dimly lit. You can hardly see when swimming at night. Lots of rust along the edge of the pool and the hot tub. The furnishings were old and mismatched. The beds were uncomfortable and old. The pillows were smashed and gave no support. The TV is an old tube TV. The coffee was weak and the breakfast was cold. I mean COLD!

I give them 2 stars because when I complained about being on the 2nd floor when there is no elevator the girl quickly gave us a room on the ground floor. Nice customer service. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
comfortinn773, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
We are so sorry to hear about your bad stay. We had renovated the building just a few years ago, and are getting all new furniture at the end of this year. We cannot help that there is no elevator, but are glad that this issue was solved when you requested a downstairs room. We warn our guests that the bottom floor is partly smoking so that is why we automatically give room upstairs, and we apologize if this was a problem for you. Also, regarding the pool room, we have since then installed another light and it is much better lit. We think you may have mistaken the paint color as rust, because the tiling around the pool and spa is just painted in that color. Additionally, we didn't really understand what you meant by our "old tube tv's" as we only got new flat screen LED Sony TV's last year. If you could please clarify, then we can solve this issue. Again, we apologize for your bad stay and hope to fix it in any means we can.

Travellers are raving about these Ozark hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
American Inn Ozark
#11 of 49 in Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield
Residence Inn Springfield
#16 of 49 in Springfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!