“Nicer than expected”

Quality Inn Near Six Flags St. Louis
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pacific
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was hesitant about booking this hotel because it does have smoking rooms. I am a non-smoker and stale smoke really bothers me. I found the room very clean and never smelled smoke in my room or anywhere else in the building. Booked there because it was pet friendly, and they kindly called me when my dog got out of his crate and started barking in the room. It is not fancy, but they do a good job at what they try to be! Friendly staff and nice, but small breakfast area. Bed was comfortable and Wifi was better than most high prices hotels. My only warning would be that is close to Six Flags. Although the walls seemed more sound proof than a typical hotel, nothing can stop the noise of teenagers running the halls after the park closes. (not the fault of the hotel of course)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mckenna717

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Met friends there for the ASC Nationals held at the Purina Center.
Great staff, especially Ricky.
Carried our bags upstairs, made sure rooms cleaned before we got back in afternoon. We had one of the only rooms with fridges. They do need bigger lobby and breakfast area. Otherwise great little hotel. Would stay again when in area. We were there 4 nites.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a last minute trip change and had to find a hotel for one night close to Six Flags. This one had only 1 room left, so we were glad to get it. The room was ok. The bathroom appeared clean. The complimentary notepad had something spilled on it from a previous guest, and the bedspread had a cigarette hole in it, although it was a non-smoking room.

One of the lights came on, but would not turn off again. However, when we called the front desk, the clerk was at our door in under 2 minutes and took care of the issue. He was very kind and helpful.

The location is great, because it is right on I-44, so you can easily get to about anything in St. Louis, including the airport via highways.

Room Tip: Our room was in the basement. It felt safer than the main floor rooms that had the individual outsi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We travel a great deal and stay in hotels a lot. There are very few of them that my husband has not found some issue with. Until this one. I was shocked when he said he had no complaints. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi worked great. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and the shower was wonderful. Very quiet room even with people moving around outside and we could not hear the neighbors. They are pet friendly and there is a grassy area to take your dog. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. Even recommended an exceptional restaurant for dinner. They offer more than just a continental breakfast. The biscuits and gravy my husband had for breakfast were great, the bananas were fresh as was the hard boiled eggs, the bagels were fresh and the coffee was excellent. I enjoyed the muffins and the danish was so fresh it melted in my mouth.
This is the first hotel that we have not had some issue or complaint with. Would highly recommend to anyone and I entered their address into my computer so I will remember it, so that we can stay there again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Parking is a bit tight for vehicles pulling trailers but anyone else should be fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Must have the original interior from when it was built. Felt like a mattress from the 1980s as well, Hard and lumpy. The air conditioner spoke it's own language at the top of its lungs so finally I cut it off. The only updating ever done to this room is the flat screen tv, MW, and fridge. Oh, I forgot the newer toilet. Oh, but the bathroom door is about a 1/4 inch too large for its frame and it won't completely shut. The whole building reeks of some kind of potpourri and if I had allergies I could not have stayed here. The parking is difficult, especially if you are towing something. A tractor trailer could not park here. If it wasn't so late I would probably have kept driving.
The front desk staff was efficient, polite, friendly, and accommodating.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank ConnieR731
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stopped in and booked a room for a night on our way down to Oklahoma. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was also very friendly. Nothing real special but would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Driving cross-country, last minute reservation for the night. We got the last room available, smoking, which was cancelled by previous customers due to a sick kid. Front desk checked us in promptly and gave us spray to get rid of cigarette smell. That was appreciated since we don't smoke. Appreciative to have room to rest, would not have stayed in room if there were other options and weren't desperate for sleep.Baseball playoffs going on, so inventory of rooms was non existent. Rusted ceiling framing, only 1 bar of soap, (had to move it from tub to sink), shampoo, conditioner, and no lotion . I always have my own, just so you know what is in room. There was no Gideons bible, shower barely tall enough for someone 5`6", very slick tub, toilet not real secure, ceramic tile floor in bathroom moves, very rough room! We left and had breakfast elsewhere, so unsure how that is. Right on the interstate, so there is noise.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Super 8 St. Clair MO
Super 8 St. Clair MO
#2 of 2 in Saint Clair
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield

Been to Quality Inn Near Six Flags St. Louis? Share your experiences!