I was not in charge of booking the hotel for our group. I'm going to go in chronological order of what I encountered at this hotel.
1. Staff was courteous.
2. There is no elevator.
2. Everything was clean in the the lobby & room as a first impression.
3. In bathroom my barefeet found grout crumbled on the floor. OUCH!
4. W/o grout holding the tiles in place they like to try & puncture/slice your feet.
5. Never ran out of hot water--Which is Awesome.
6. There is NO water pressure-none, nada, zip, zero. This was a complaint from all.
7. For breakfast eat at one of the 10 restaurants around the hotel.
They only offer Coffee, OJ, Apple Juice, 2 types of cereal corn flakes & raisin bran,
milk, individually wrapped mini bakery items like honey buns, bagels, etc.
8. After a day of skiing I wanted to soak in the heated pool. I took one step in and one step out-b/c -yep, it's not heated. (Today on their website it now states their pool will be in remodeled w/in the next month.)
9. There is smoking on the first floor and no smoking on the 2nd floor. But the smell seeps up the floor, vents & stairwell & when you open your door it reeks.
Look elsewhere or buy a permit to sleep in your car for the trip up to Platte City.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Super 8 Platte City Kansas City Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Platte City/Kci Airport Hotel Platte City
- Super Eight Platte City
- Platte City Super Eight
- Platte City Super 8