“worst hotel ever”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Platte City
“worst hotel ever”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was the dirtiest hotel I had ever seen. Room had dead bugs and cob webs all over. Paint was falling off the wall in the bathroom. You couldn't pay me to stay there again!!

1 Thank Jacob H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is out dated. Carpets are old and nasty. Pool was not in good shape and water too cold. The spa did not work. Overall stay was undesirable.

1 Thank Mary M

Travellers are raving about these Platte City hotels

Falling Waters, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is so run down and disgusting. Found a hypodermic needle under the bed. Remote was broken. Bathtub was stained and had dirt and grass in it. Breakfast was ok. The man at the desk was very helpful and seemed like a nice guy. There are two doors into the room. The outside door was broken and you could not open it with a key card which I did not know until I had tried to get in from the outside by my car at midnite. I had to go to the front of the motel and since it was after hours i had to go to the little window because the doors were locked. the lady there questioned me endlessly before letting me in. My family stood had to stand outside and wait. The price was reasonable and if it wasn't the only place in the city that had a room I could afford, I stayed. Got out as soon as I could.

Room Tip: Drive a car on your trip that you can sleep in.. just in case.
1 Thank brudan2
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When I made the reservation I asked about shuttle and parking fees. I was told no parking fee and that the hotel provided a shuttle. The shuttle fee was $20 to be driven in a dirty smelly van. packed with luggage for 5 people.

Room Tip: The room smelled of urine. The walls in the bathroom were falling down and/or full of patched drywal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary B
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked our stay through travelodge.com and got a great rate for our 2 night stay. The only real complaint I have was the cleanliness in our room. It didn't necessarily look dirty but the carpet had a tacky feel to it and there were hair and pieces of paper around the bed. And in the corners behind bathroom door. The beds were clean and comfortable enough I just would have preferred for them to separate the linens for smoking and non-smoking rooms. Our room just had a musty smell and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. I was pleased with the continental breakfast tho and the pool was ok just would have been nice to use the spa. It was not heated. For the price I would stay here again if it was just an overnight stay but would not if it was an extended trip with the family

1 Thank Amanda P
Hilton Kansas City Airport
Hilton Kansas City Airport
#17 of 109 in Kansas City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kansas City Airport

Been to Travelodge Airport Platte City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Airport Platte City

Property: Travelodge Airport Platte City
Address: 504 Prairie View Rd, I-29 Exit 19 Prairie View Rd, Platte City, MO 64079-8355
Region: United States > Missouri > Platte City
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Travelodge Airport Platte City 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Airport Platte City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Platte City Hotel Platte City