“Old and Tired Facility”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Platte City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Old and Tired Facility”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We found this hotel (at least the wing we were in) to be very worn out and tired. Although they had made an attempt to halfway update the room (#323) we stayed in by only changing out the bathroom and entry area. They forgot to replace the very dirty carpet and the wall paper on the walls is peeling off. This may be due to the fact that the room moisture is very high. The carpet and bedding was wet to the touch and very uncomfortable to "sleep" in. The lobby and hallway carpet was in bad need of cleaning or updating. Again Old and Tired.
The lady that checked in was very nice and did a good job on her end. But with that said we will not be staying at this Choice Hotel again and we make quite a few trips to the area each year.
I can't comment on the quality of the breakfast as we felt that we just wanted to shower and get out of there ASAP. Besides there is a Waffle House just down the street!!!
There is a sign on the building that this is a Gold Star Hotel (Choice Hotels?) I would question that on what I saw, but we do stay in a lot of Choice Hotels across the country and it seems that they are slipping company wide..
This hotel is kind of hard to find. There are several large Billboards on the Interstate advertising it when you get into Platte City but there is no more signage directing you. It is not located with all of the other services..
One positive thing was it was quiet the night we stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sedalia, MO
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We had to leave at 4:30 AM to catch a plane. The shuttle driver was ready to go on time and very nice for that early in the morning. The person at the front desk opened up the breakfast area early for us so we could get coffee before we started our journey. She was very kind and thoughtful. Rooms are a good size and very clean. Quiet and comfortable, it is the nicest hotel in its class all around.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to ending my travel work week at this Gold Award Comfort Inn. I came away instead feeling disappointed.

My room in the 300 #'s was damp and musty smelling. The A/C was at 62 degrees when I entered the room, I'm sure in an attempt to get ride of the dampness. That wasn't helping and the outside temp and humidity levels were unseasonably low. It reminded me of a time I spent in a cabin on one of the Lake Erie Islands. At least there I could understand the dampness. I sprayed some wrinkle remover in the air to lessen the musty smell. I was unpacked and tired and didn't feel like going through all of the hassle to change rooms.

The room was updated although the window was covered in some sort of white film, yuck. The carpet was newer I think, but one of the wildest patterns I've ever seen in a hotel. Kinda zebra striped, like from a 70's film.

Lastly, there was some sort of mildew on the walls surrounding the upper walls of the shower. Unappealing to say the least.

I expected more from this location, especially as a Gold Award winner for 2013. Not sure how it achieved that status based on my room and experience.

Maybe next time. Not sure I'd try again though...

• Stayed August 2013
Lampasas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here while visiting my son who is stationed at Fort Leavenworth, KS. Great rooms. Good size, clean and comfortable. They did have a musty smell when you first came into the room but once the a/c was adjusted it seemed to get better. Loved that it had a extra sink outside the bathroom so I could get ready while my daughter was taking a shower. We brought in a small bag of donuts from our 12 hour trip and put it on the counter by the fridge and microwave. The next morning there were sugar ants all over the place. Just had to make sure that all food was put up and not leave it out on that cabinet. Very accomidating and made sure we had plenty of towels. Loved the indoor pool and jacuzzi that were heated. Most of the hotels that I have stayed at around this area claim to have heated and as soon as you get to the pool it is "usually broken" or "they have repairmen coming to fix it" so it is usally too cold to swim in it. The breakfast was decent. I wish they would extend the time a little longer as each day we got down there it was time to close up or most of the food was gone. After traveling for 12 hours you don't want to have to get up early and get yourself dressed and ready to go down for breakfast early. I would of much rather slept in til 8am but even getting up at 7am after trying to get 3 people ready, we still didn't get down there in time. The third day we just went out to eat breakfast. I will say we didn't have any big issues but when we were leaving there evidently had been some cars broken into with busted windows so hopefully they have security cameras for the back parking lot which is where we were parked. Definitly will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I'm not a very critical person but I know and appreciate perfection! Every aspect of my stay exceeded expectations. Most impressed with the quality, cleanliness of my room and bed!!!

Great, well stocked and tended breakfast room. Clean and good sized indoor pool.

Ive stayed at hotels all over the world, and this one certainly exceeded expectations!

• Stayed August 2013
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Inn is well kept for an older facility. Even though the room we were in could use some updating, it was spacious and clean. It had a mini-fridge, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker in the room. The front desk staff and breakfast attendant were very friendly, and breakfast was very good! A good stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is the best hotel in platte city very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast too! Victor was very helpful after a horrible experience at the best western (do not waste your time and money there)! I would definitely stay here again! Thank you for making our stay in platte city awesome:)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport
#37 of 108 in Kansas City
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North? Share your experiences!