Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff
Comfort Inn(Poplar Bluff)
US$90
US$80
ComfortInn
Drury Inn Poplar Bluff(Poplar Bluff)
US$118
US$68
US$100
Motel 6 Poplar Bluff, MO(Poplar Bluff)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
Priceline
Dexter Inn(Dexter)
US$78
US$61
US$73
All reviewsfree breakfastattached restaurantfront desknice hotelrewards memberrestaurant next doorfitness roombusiness centerfriday eveningnice holidaynice bartaco bellstaff was friendlyan upgradein townafter a long daycomfortable rooms
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a newer facility, under ten years old. Infrastructure appears to be in decent shape.
Staff is very friendly and helpful; set up late check out because of my Priority status.
No problem booking for my next visit in 2 weeks. Didn't try restaurant this visit - I will next time.

Issues - 1) Housekeeping is a little sloppy; 2) sink needs minor attention. Both reported to desk.

I have three more visits schedled this year; I will stay here and track/report back.
-RCH Sr-

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackie H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear rch4,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. My staff and I are committed to exceeding our guest expectations. I am so sorry we did not meet yours. I was happy to read that you will be back. We will try our best to exceed your expectations on your next stay.
Jackie

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

The room was a nice size room. It was very spacious so I'm not sure if our room was considered an upgrade. As priority members, we had breakfast coupons (sit down) which was a very nice perk. I enjoyed that so much more than the normal continental breakfast.

I do think the front desk could be friendlier or at least smile. Everyone we encountered seemed like they hated their jobs.

Also, the housekeeping staff needs to pay closer attention to details. We found a dirty wash rag the first morning. And, the second night we found an earring back in our bed - the middle of the bed. For my sake of piece of mind, I'm going to believe the sheets were clean upon arrival and the girl cleaning our room lost it making the bed.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear travelgirl3644,
Thank you for your recent stay and honest review of our hotel. I am truley sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. I will review your comments with my team and we will take corrective action to improve our efforts. If you should find yourself in Poplar Bluff, MIssouri again I hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Hotel itself really nice...a bit pricey for a small town, but very clean and well cared for. Pool and hot tub sparkling clean, room also very nice and clean. Had a King size room with a couch and very roomy. Enjoyed it a lot. Ate at the on-propery restaurant, Castellos, evening for Valentines. A great experience. Greggo the waiter exceptional. Food, wine, bar servce, all top notch. Enjoyed our Salmon and filet greatly. Wonderful.

However, the breakfast experience in the same location horrible. Greeted and seated quickly, but went downhill from there. Granted it was a part of the hotel experience, at no cost, but anhour for eggs, pancakes, and sausage??? With only a hanful of customers?? on a Friday morning??? Our waitress tried, pushng coffee on us quite often, but no excuse. Not the first time we have had a bad experience for breakfast at the same location....once under same owner, other time under another. A few people walked out. Have to say the food was good.....but not after waiting over an hour....This really needs to be corrected....

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front side...rear have a view of big AC units....LOL....
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rsbomer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear rsbomer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. On the other hand, I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and we will use your comments to improve our efforts. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My only gripe about the hotel is the bathroom door layout. If the door comes open while you're out and you open the door to your room they get hung on each other and require some work to get untangled. Good proximity to local food & the staff is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Jackie H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

BrianP

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I understand your comment about the door layout. We have the same issue at times. We hope you consider Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff when your travels bring you back to our town.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was in the area on business in Dexter, MO. I always try to stay in the chain hotels that I know since I know what to expect. I was really surprised with this location as it is well kept and offered great amenities. The fitness room had a treadmill, stationary recumbent bike, stair climber, weights, medicine ball, total gym type machine, and a fitness ball. A local club even comes in on Tuesday nights and Wednesday morning to offer FREE classes in one of the ball rooms. The breakfast is actually a restaurant breakfast where you select what you want from a select menu. It was great for business travelers and I would suggest it just about for anyone passing thru.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank southernfoodiegirl

southernfoodiegirl

Thank your for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. I was very pleased to read about how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel brings you back to Poplar Bluff.