“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Poplar Bluff
Makanda, Illinois
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The rooms are big and clean. We stayed in a king room ,the bed was a little soft, but they had nice pillows. The restaurant next door must have been short staffed due to the Labor Day weekend. The service was very slow. We waited a long time to be seated. The food was ok but nothing great. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jackie H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I do genuinely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered. We pride ourselves in providing a Great Hotel that Guests Love and we missed the mark this time! I have addressed these issues with our team and greatly appreciate your understanding and feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly. Room was nice and very clean. Choice of television channels was excellent.
While not perfect, overall this is a lot nicer hotel than I typically encounter in a town of this size. Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Carol L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased our hotel surprised your for a small town! Our goal is to excel at customer satisfaction compared to more than our area.. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope to see you again soon.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights on business. Being a Hilton devotee, I only stay at other brands if there is not a Hilton property within a 30 minute drive. So I was already not thrilled to be loosing Hilton points - but I almost forgot as the experience was so similiar to a Hilton Garden Inn.

The hotel had no vacancy and the lobby was full of seniors in on a social club event, but I was still greeted promptly, asked if I was a rewards member (I forgot I was as I had not stayed in a Holiday Inn in at least 5 years, but desk staff offered to look me up and I had 20,000 points that never expire) this provided a free cooked to order breakfast everyday.

The only down sides I can think of are that the internet makes you re-input your code each time you return to the hotel (not just daily) and the restaurant is closed on Sunday so no room service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Carol L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is good to hear that our staff executed the customer service we expect for all guest even while a large group of seniors were checking in. On the other hand, I am truly sorry to hear that the internet during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and we will use your comments to improve our efforts. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The building is very nice and includes an indoor pool/spa, fitness room, a business center, and several conference rooms. All were decorated nicely. Other than the pool, the other amenities were not required for our stay. The room was clean and nicely sized, including the bathroom. Unlike every other hotel we stayed out on our cross-country drive, this establishment did not offer a free continental breakfast, but one could be purchased for $6.99. We opted to have our breakfast elsewhere. Being that we had been traveling for 10 days, we needed to do laundry. This facility does have guest laundry, but the machine was 'jammed'. When the front desk person informed me of that fact, she made no effort to make other suggestions or tell me when the hotel provided machine would be available. Speaking of the front desk person, she was very unfriendly and borderline rude. Perhaps she had a rough day. It happens. In all, I think the facility has great potential, but it is being poorly executed. (Also, the pool was cloudy, the spa was broken, the bathrooms in the pool area were untidy, and there weren't any clean towels in the pool room, though there were plenty of dirty ones on the floor.)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank MSWS06
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We have addressed the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid similar situations in the future. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback in order to improve upon our services and sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations.
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 13 June 2013

It's a pretty nice hotel in a good location and is a quiet hotel. First room A/C didn't work but they promptly switched me. Everything in the room worked well except changing TV channels was very odd. If, for example, I wanted channel 48 I had to quickly key in 48.48 on the remote, which is hard to do quickly before it timed out. Oh well, not a deal breaker. Everything else worked well. Liked the fact that they stocked several packets of decaf coffee in the room rather than just one or two.

They have an onsite restaurant and gave a coupon for breakfast. The downside is the coupon only covered a few items on the menu and juice wasn't included so with juice and a tip the free breakfast was $5. I asked for a few onions cooked in with my breakfast potatoes, they did and tried to charge me .99 for a teaspoon of onions. They did remove that from the bill when I protested but I wasn't happy they tried to gouge me on that one. I MUCH prefer the standard free breakfast buffet's offered at most hotels anymore.

WIFI was very good, that is a huge plus.

I recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Just watch the free breakfast charges.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased you liked our location and mentioned our variety of coffee. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

We arrived late to find 3 hotel staff personnel attempting to solve another guest's issue, when they finished we were helped. It cost top dollar for our room which was clean but had damage to doors, walls, stains on bathroom ceiling, and a view that was blocked by the roof of the covered parking area. We didn't get free breakfast or even a cup of coffee for free and received no discount. We have stayed in far nicer hotels for much less money. Rooms were well stocked.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear rdtf,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have mentioned in your review about the walls and the doors will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hallsville, Missouri
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have just completed another brief stay and this hotel has improved the few areas that weren't already quite good. Some worn exercise room equipment has been replaced. I believe there are more free breakfast options for Priority Club members. Other aspects continue at the same high quality. Convenient parking was available. Reservation was handled correctly. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Cart for luggage was available. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet in spite of neighboring rooms bring occupied. Wireless high-speed Internet access was fast enough and almost perfectly reliable. Restaurant comfortably handled slightly rowdy party of seven with no reservation. Food and service were praised by all in group. Priority Club discount applied. Slept fine in spite of stormy weather. Priority Club free breakfast served fast and friendly. Check out handled quickly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Carol L, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased you noted improvements such as our upgraded fitness center and our complimentary breakfast for Priority Club members (a breakfast that is made-to-order!). We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poplar Bluff
#1 of 4 in Dexter
Super 8 Poplar Bluff Missouri
Super 8 Poplar Bluff Missouri
#5 of 8 in Poplar Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Poplar Bluff? Share your experiences!