“Still one of the best. ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vanilla Pod Eatery

Vanilla Pod Eatery
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Still one of the best. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Was there again thus week and pleasantly surprised that the food and service has got even better then before which I thought could not be done. It was a busy day when I got there with about 8 people again of me and waited about 5 mins and was walked to my table by a nice young lady. Menu arrived order taken and good came on time just perfect. I most certainly will be back again. Well done and big thumbs up to all the staff there and the management for there high standards and friendliness.

1 Thank Bigbob61

• Polish first
“Excellent Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Most of my trips to Carrickmines do not involve stopping for food so I was not too familiar with Vanilla Pod when my mum suggested we went for lunch after a Monday morning of shopping. I was surprised when there was a queue or 5-6 tables in front of us so I proposed an alternate venue. My mum was having none of it! "It's always busy", "The queue moves quick", "I want the eggs benedict" were the responses I got. So we waiting approx 15 minutes and I'm delighted we did.

The restaurant is decorated very nice with a feature barista station. Staff were very friendly from the host to the server. The menu has a good choice and the food is excellent. Mum got her eggs benedict and I tried the Burito but I was tempted by so many other items (Pulled pork sandwich, superfood salad, falafel etc) I will have to return. Surely that is the aim of any food outlet!!

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food, soft drinks expensive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This resturant is very funky on the eye with from eye catching slogans on the waiting staff T shirts and the mugs that serve great tea and coffee. The layout works well although waiting area can become quiet busy with a mash up of queing for a table and collections of takeaways, Email them and they are always happy to reserve a table although this is not advertised and email only works if your booking is more than 24hrs in advance, better to phone.
Staff are freindly and an explain the specials of the day and are attentive but not intrusive throughout.
Food is very high quality and in the 10+ times Ive eaten here I have not been disappointed.
My only negative issue is the cost of soft drinks, €2.50 for a can of coke!

• Visited February 2014
Dublin
“Amazing fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This place has been consistently good since opening, however the last time we were there the service was shocking, bordering on rude! The waiter was really awful, when we were leaving I spoke with the Small female Manageress and told her. She explained that he had resigned and there was nothing more she could do, I told her it might be advisable to remove him from the floor if he’s treating customers like this, she just shrugged her shoulders and said well there’s nothing I can do he’s leaving next week. We just smiled at her lack of interest. We returned a few days ago for brunch and again the service was not overly great. This really is one of the best places around and most of the staff are wonderful, it’s a real shame that a couple of individuals are letting this great place down.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Usually just grab coffee but ate in on Saturday mid morning. Place was packed,service very good but the food was INCREDIBLE!! Can't wait for my next trip back.