“Consistently Brilliant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Consistently Brilliant”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have lost count of the amount of times I have eaten in this place.

If you read the newspaper article framed at the entrance it gives a snap shot of the calibre of people associated with this place.
I have had numerous breakfasts and lunches in this place and I can honestly say it has been worth it every time. The Staff in general are super attentive and really care about the reputation of the food and service.
The specials are always worth a look and if you fancy something from the Pod's Pizza menu next door it's not a problem. Also a really high standard of pizza and pasta.
The Parmesan Chicken was one of my favourites.

I asked for a bacon and egg sandwich on spelt in here and although it's not on their menu it wasn't a problem and really was perfection.

The home made desserts, selection of teas and proper coffees make this place a must.
I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Ireland
“Lovely spot for lunch”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Was here again for the firs time in a good while and it was as good as ever. Very accommodating with buggy. Food and service were great. Will be back again.

• Visited July 2014
“Still one of the best. ”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Was there again thus week and pleasantly surprised that the food and service has got even better then before which I thought could not be done. It was a busy day when I got there with about 8 people again of me and waited about 5 mins and was walked to my table by a nice young lady. Menu arrived order taken and good came on time just perfect. I most certainly will be back again. Well done and big thumbs up to all the staff there and the management for there high standards and friendliness.

1 Thank Bigbob61
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Most of my trips to Carrickmines do not involve stopping for food so I was not too familiar with Vanilla Pod when my mum suggested we went for lunch after a Monday morning of shopping. I was surprised when there was a queue or 5-6 tables in front of us so I proposed an alternate venue. My mum was having none of it! "It's always busy", "The queue moves quick", "I want the eggs benedict" were the responses I got. So we waiting approx 15 minutes and I'm delighted we did.

The restaurant is decorated very nice with a feature barista station. Staff were very friendly from the host to the server. The menu has a good choice and the food is excellent. Mum got her eggs benedict and I tried the Burito but I was tempted by so many other items (Pulled pork sandwich, superfood salad, falafel etc) I will have to return. Surely that is the aim of any food outlet!!

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food, soft drinks expensive.”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This resturant is very funky on the eye with from eye catching slogans on the waiting staff T shirts and the mugs that serve great tea and coffee. The layout works well although waiting area can become quiet busy with a mash up of queing for a table and collections of takeaways, Email them and they are always happy to reserve a table although this is not advertised and email only works if your booking is more than 24hrs in advance, better to phone.
Staff are freindly and an explain the specials of the day and are attentive but not intrusive throughout.
Food is very high quality and in the 10+ times Ive eaten here I have not been disappointed.
My only negative issue is the cost of soft drinks, €2.50 for a can of coke!

• Visited February 2014