Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Matthew H
London, United Kingdom

Amazing hotel by the sea

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Jun 2019
The view from the room was incredible. Get a sea view one if you can. The hotel staff were fantastic nothing was too much bother. The food is great. The Sri Lanka people are some of the friendliest out there. Beautiful country. Go visit.
Date of stay: January 2019
Responded 6 Jun 2019
Thank you for your review and for your recommendation to visit Sri Lanka and Sri Sharavi. Thank you also for your kind compliments about the staff and our food.
  • ZenHotels.com
      Swell Shacks Matara
      • Vio.com
      1.7 miles from Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa
      View more hotels in Kamburugamuwa
      All reviews signature suite ocean suite the salt water pool amazing pool huge pool tuk tuk amazing hotel ocean front indian ocean perfect place to relax packed breakfast whale watching a wonderful stay the ground floor rice and curry palm trees other places
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 10 May 2019

I recently had the pleasure of spending three nights at the Sri Sharavi and cannot recommend it enough. It is a beautiful place in a serene setting. The bedrooms were comfortable and the team there were so welcoming, friendly and responsive to all our questions/issues raised. I appreciated the spa manager giving a short complimentary head massage too.

The breakfast served in comprehensive and delicious, and the other food we tried at the hotel was excellent. For five star accommodation, I thought it was reasonably priced (although more expensive than eating out at the Mirissa beach).

The swimming pool bigger than it looks it photos and right on the beach. Very easy to get tuk tuks to the main beach in Mirissa where there are lots of restaurants and bars.

So overall a fabulous stay and I'd go back if I was ever in Mirissa again. My only recommendation would be to have a drinks/cocktail menu. When I asked about cocktails, I was told they only have 1 per day during happy hour.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
      2  Thank samirdw
      SriSharavi, General Manager at Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2019

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our Chef and his team, as well as the other staff. Our Drinks Menu will be available very shortly, so please do come back!

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

Upon arriving at the Sri Sharavi hotel, you get this feeling of luxury, the place oozes chic from the reception area to the rooms to the pool.

We arrived a little early for check in and the manager, Marcy gave us a tour of the hotel and explained everything we need or may need to know. As our room was being made ready, we left our bags with reception and went to relax by the bar right next to the beach. A little later we were then shown to our room which was the Rampe room and our bags were brought to us, the room itself had a very Mediterranean feel with white stone walls giving it an airy feel. The room had all the amenities you'd expect along with a jar of ginger biscuits (being British, we obviously loved this), aftersun and mosquito repellant and even a docking station for your iPhone!

We were exceptionally lucky to receive an upgrade and the next day we moved to a superior suite in one of the villas which was absolutely amazing! Our bed faced the balcony doors which open onto a pool and sea view and the room itself was huge with a chaise lounge and large bathroom with twin sinks and an open shower area. Each villa has a small number of rooms along with a shared dining and living area, it has it's own cleaning and wait staff who we found to be amazing, nothing is ever too much trouble.

The breakfast selection is great and plentiful, in fact I enjoyed every meal I had here and regardless of whether it is a full meal or just a snack, your table is laid out beautifully. The cocktails were so good, I had to be reminded by my boyfriend that it was still 10:30 sometimes when it came to ordering a drink by the pool!

The pool is salt water infinity which I prefer as I find chlorinated pools really dry my skin out not to mention burning your eyes and nose, theres also the plus of your blonde hair not turning green! We spent a lot of time floating at the edge looking out at the sea.

You can easily hop down to the beach although it's not recommended you try and swim in the sea at this part as there is a rock shelf but a few minute walk takes you to a calmer area. You can walk in either direction.

I would happily stay here again, we didn't want to leave and I definitely feel this will now spoil us for future hotels as we will forever be expecting the standards that we experienced here. Also, make sure you say hello to the resident dogs!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      SriSharavi, General Manager at Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It is much appreciated. And am so pleased that Sri Sharavi spoiled you in every regard and with every detail. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our Chef and his team, plus our housekeeping and wait staff. And I'll give Dolly and Robert a hello from you too. It would be lovely if you were to visit us again one day.

Reviewed 2 May 2019

This is an absolutely wonderful hotel - beautiful location, perfectly situated, extremely nice rooms. The pool and sunbed area is very well maintained, the staff are lovely - very pleasant, attentive and chatty; bringing us a speaker to have music while we were having dinner and making sure everything is as we want.

The breakfast is very good (included in the booking) and the rest of the food on the menu is tasty, well cooked, generously portioned and very reasonably priced.

I would love to go back to Sri Sharavi and hope I can do one day, and I highly recommend it to people looking for perfect place to stay in Mirissa. It's a very well done, well run operation and the staff should be very happy with how successfully it works. Thanks for such a lovely stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      SriSharavi, General Manager at Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2019

Thank you for your very kind review. We certainly do hope that one day you return to Sri Sharavi!

Reviewed 30 April 2019

We had four nights at this lovely resort in April. Originally we were to spend 3 nights here but after the tragic events of Easter Sunday we extended the stay.
      The resort is just perfect. We enjoyed the small, boutique nature of the resort with just 14 rooms. The pool is an incredible 42 metres long and by far the best pool we encountered in Sri Lanka.
      The 'bests' did not stop there. Sandeep the Assistant Manager was a young guy that really is the face of the future of tourism in Sri Lanka. Professional to a fault but with a warmth that matches the Sri Lankan people. Our two waiters always wore broad smiles, the guy that kept our room in order, in fact all the Sri Sharavi staff were excellent, warm and friendly.
      Special mention to Madushan at the Spa. I visited often and he is a master at massage and relaxation.
      We stayed in a downstairs room for three nights and one night in a larger double room. Both rooms were spacious, super clean and well designed. The overall design of the resort reminded me of far north Queensland. Clean, open lines with excellent cross breezes and views direct to that amazing ocean.
      We spoke at length with the owner and GM. It was interesting to hear about the development of the hotel from concept to completion.
      My only suggestions would be to include the service charge and VAT in prices. It was the only hotel we encountered that didn't bundle these charges in the overall price. And a cocktail list would have been appreciated. We didn't venture out due to curfews and could have done with a cocktail after 6pm.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
      1  Thank moniqued838
      SriSharavi, General Manager at Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Thank you for your very kind and very thorough review. We were so pleased that you had the confidence in Sri Sharavi to extend your visit. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff and our designer. And, thank you also, for your suggestions.

Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights in the ‘Palm Double Room’ at the end of a 18 day trip around Sri Lanka, and this was an absolutely brilliant place to end our trip! It’s in a beautiful quiet location with its own private beach, but there is still plenty to do in the local area and Mirissa is only a 5 minute tuk tuk ride away. I would recommend heading out early for a whale watching trip or snorkelling with turtles at Polhena Beach, and you can easily get the local bus to Galle for a day out. There is nothing at all I could fault with this hotel; the staff are extremely hard working and friendly, going out of their way in order to provide a great service. I had a salt scrub massage with the therapist on the first day that we were there, which was relaxing and he was very professional. It is also a nice touch that all of the rooms are set within their own villa, where you have access to a comfortable space with indoor and outdoor dining areas, and your own kitchen/fridge. You can eat any meal you like either in your villa or out in the sunshine on the beach front, and the food served was consistently fantastic. The only one recommendation for improvement that I can suggest is that everything on the menu has an additional tax and service charge added, which can make it confusing how much things cost. It might be worth just adding this into the price to make it easier to work out? Otherwise a brilliant place to stay, and made our trip along the south coast particularly special. Absolutely worth the money to stay here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      SriSharavi, General Manager at Sri Sharavi Beach Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. So pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our Chef and his team, as well as our other staff members. Thank you also for your recommendations.