“Wonderful!”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We highly recommend this Hilton property. The staff must have done some kind of SUPER COURTESY training. Every staff member we met treated us like VIPs. So nice. Very clean and centrally located for shopping and sightseeing in St. Louis. The suite feature is another selling point. There is a full sized refrigerator. This came in handy for shopping for Italian supplies on The Hill.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We frequently stay at this Homewood Suites while visiting our daughter at Washington University in St. Louis. It's about the closest hotel to the campus, with convenient access to the highway and the Galleria shops and restaurants. There is a big parking lot, which is convenient as well. We are frequently travelling with our older daughter, so it works out well to get a suite with multiple rooms, although the mattress on the pull-out couch was not that comfortable and she ended up putting it on the floor. I also don't like the bathroom set-up with the sink area open to the bedroom, which means disturbing people who may be sleeping, when you need to dry your hair or brush your teeth. Overall, the hotel is nice and clean, although the furnishings are starting to look a little worn. There is guest laundry available on the odd numbered floors, and a pool, fitness center, and business center on the first floor. Breakfast was quite good with a few items you don't normally see, such as quiche and cranberry or cherry muffins. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One important tip- request a room away from the highway, as the traffic can get quite noisy.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side of the hotel away from the highway.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall, this hotel was great. We live in West Texas and drove 13 1/2 hours to St Louis MO because my son learned about the Arch in school and wanted to see it. When we arrived, they were friendly, it was clean, shuttle guy was ready to take us out. I have a large family, 7 of us. So we had a two room suite with 2 bathrooms. It was perfect. A full kitchen and dish washer. With 5 kids, they all had plenty of beds to sleep in and not be crowded. Free breakfast and dinner was great, kids enjoyed too. Great place to stay while vacationing. I am very picky, but this time I was pleased. Only down fall, a small one, is the pool area. They have high levels of chlorine they use to clean pool and hot tub and on the last night my kids and husband swam for about 2 hours and all of them ended up with chlorine poisoning. YES, there is such a thing, I never knew myself till my kids (2 with asthma) kept coughing, bad headaches, throwing up, cant breath and burning of chest. It took my two with asthma 3 days to get completely better. But, if you visit the pool, just prop the door open to the out side and that will help. I didn't make the complain because at the time, I didn't know till next mid day and we were already gone. So, definitely a great place to stay and wonderful people working there.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I just finished a 7 night stay at this hotel with my family of 4 for our 2014 summer vacation. I usually stay at Hampton Inns because my kids love the breakfast. However the Hampton Inn was $50 more per night for the days I wanted, so I booked Homewood Suites. Breakfast here is included and is a notch better than Hampton. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Judy, DeJuan, and Rita were just a few who made this vacation perfect. They offered free shuttle service to anywhere within 3 miles which includes Forest Park, and the zoo. The metro station and galleria is an easy walk, but they will give you rides there as well. We didn't partake, but meals/drinks are also provided Monday thru Thursday. I travel a lot for work and usually pick Hampton Inns, but I will now check for Homewood Suites first.

We had a king suite with a wall and door separating our room from the kids (sofa sleeper). Full size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher. Very NICE and CLEAN.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Room was good value. I had requested a quiet room, but wound up in a room on the freeway side. Apparently, this is a function of Hilton's pricing of inventory. When I asked to move to the opposite side of the hall, I was told it would be more $$, even though I'm Hilton Honors. Little disappointing, as mention should have been made when I requested a quiet room when I made the reservation, or at least the person at check in should have noticed, rather than checking in and finding out that no one appeared to have paid attention to what I indicated.

Bit disappointing, but an all right room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We are fans of Homewood Suites and often try to stay at one when traveling. This one is probably one of the nicest we've ever stayed at. The rooms are typical Hilton - 2 rooms, 2 TV's - wonderful for traveling with a family. This hotel was close enough to walk to the Metro Station, Mall, and several restaurants. Staff was excellent. Our only complaint was the indoor pool temp (very cold) and the hot tub chlorine levels (unbearably high). With so many activities planned during our stay, our children barely noticed they didn't get swim time.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love staying at this Homewood Suites. Everytime I stay here I feel challenged to find something in the room that housekeeping may have overlooked, but these rooms are so fresh and clean! It is amazing. The beds are so comfy that I sleep better here than in my own bed. The people who work at the front desk are very nice too especially J.R. and Leslie.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel St. Louis
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
#2 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!