“Don't let them say its a no-smoking property”

Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice location, safe but slightly dated property. Went to several rooms each of which had the distinct odor of tobacco smoke. Staff assured us the rooms " had been cleaned" . Stayed only out of necessity and other local properties already full.
Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask any property when they were built vs. when they became a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had an issue with a smoke smell in your room. The hotel is most definitely 100% non smoking since 2008, unfortunately some guests still decide to smoke in their suites. I am very sorry that we did not get that smoke smell out of the room before you checked in. Please feel free to contact me at 314.862.1900 and we can discuss further.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria

Reviewed 14 October 2013

fantastic service - we had studio rooms - it was neat and clean - refrigerator and dishwasher as well as sink and table, fireplace and dual closets - price was good and staff very friendly and helpful fairly close to malls and restaurants - has fitness room as well as a nice outside pool

Room Tip: they also offer family suites that have pull out hide beds and two bedrooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank svfv70

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much including the spacious room and our friendly staff. We hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

First the good: this hotel is well located, right across from the St. Louis Galleria, off a major highway. relatively close to the airport. The rooms have apparently been redone recently, are attractively furnished, and the kitchen area is very well equipped. Free wifi. Pleasant staff.

Now the bad: this is an old facility, two stories, and all rooms open to the outside. In addition, there seems to be no soundproofing at all. Noise from the outside, and pounding noise from upstairs at all hours. Some of the rooms are right next to a very busy highway and I think sleeping in those rooms would be a challenge. Finally - and this may seem picky but I have come to expect more from hotels - the sheets were scratchy, the kind that feel as if they have been washed a million times in very strong detergent.

I would not stay here again because of the noise, and general feeling of insecurity being on the ground level with direct access from the outside.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room in the rear of the facility, as far away from the highway...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DCvagabond1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, pleasant staff, and great location. We are sorry however that had issues with some noise and also with your sheets. In the future please notify the Front Desk about these things are our excellent staff will make sure that you have comfortable sheets and a quiet environment. Thanks again for staying with Marriott!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed in an accessible room and was glad the room entrance was a few steps from the parking place, although others might prefer a lobby entrance rather than a "down and out" motel-like arrangement. The room was spacious with a full kitchen that included an oven and a full-sized refrigerator. The accessible bathroom was excellent with a large roll-in shower and sturdy grab bars. The major downside was an extremely noisy a/c system that had no adjustment on the fan speed. We turned it off and lived with ambient temperatures.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arlingtonfoodie31
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay especially the full kitchen. We are truly sorry about the loud A/C unit. In the future, please contact the Front Desk so one of our associates can get that taken care of for you. Thanks again for staying with Marriott and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Thought I reviewed this hotel after our stay and realized I didn't. Great hotel!
We needed a two bedroom unit and was cheerily accommodated.
The rooms are clean and spacious. Do ask to be away from the highway and you will not hear any traffic noise.
Breakfast is good - there are many options. It can be a bit tight in the breakfast area - but you could also bring it back to your room.
Parking is free.
Everyone associated with the hotel was warm and friendly. They went out of their way to be helpful. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelcrazy58
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed breakfast and that everyone you came acrsoss was warm and friendly. We hope to see you again sometime!

Thanks,
Adam

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This place is Awesome! It's tucked away in a quaint area very close to the train stop, very close to the Galleria and other shopping. My family and I stayed (my parents, myself and my daughter) in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite and couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. It was spacious, we weren't all over each other but close enough to feel like home. My only wish is that we stayed longer. The staff was great, especially Kesha at the front desk. She's very professional and makes you feel at home. Breakfast was good and hot. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone that needs a little more than average space for their stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsKimMorrow
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for giving us such an excellent review! We atre thrilled that you loved your spacious 2 bedroom suite and also that you enjoyed our staff, especially Kesha. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here on the weekend when my family and I were going for a house hunting trip with a job relocation. I'm a platinum member and have taken my family on a number of business trips and stayed at a number of Residence Inns. The rooms were nicely renovated and were very good size. I just had a one bedroom studio. I thought the room was excellent. I've stayed at a couple older Residence Inns that have the apartment feel (outside doors), but have never felt unsafe until this one. We got in late, so we got a room on the far corner near the street. We were on the bottom floor with a sliding glass door to the outside. At 3 am, I wake up to a fight right outside the room in the parking lot. A few people are yelling at each other and there are a number of cars that were in the parking lot that showed up. The fight went on for a a while, but security finally came and broke it up. They did have a security guard around which made me feel a little better, but apparently the people staying there are a little trashier than your normal Residence Inn clients.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the second floor in the inner part of the complex.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mpope1985

Hello Sir,

I truly apologize for your unpleasant experience at our Residence Inn back in July. I can promise that incidents like that are not a common occurence at our hotel. Unfortunately every once in a while someone causes a disturbance at a hotel that is not forseen. As you stated we do have a security guard on property every night just to make sure everyone feels comfortable and safe. I can promise that if you stayed at our property again you would have a quiet and comfortable stay. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!