“One of the best hotel experiences!”

Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Troy, Missouri
“One of the best hotel experiences!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I spend two nights at this hotel to avoid having to travel in bad weather to a nearby hospital for Dr. appointments related to the treatment of my cancer. All of the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. My husband said the breakfast was the best hotel breakfast he has ever had. They had all of the typical breakfast offering of breads, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and boiled eggs, plus freshly prepared scrambled eggs, meat and potatoes. The scrambled eggs were perfectly done.

Our room was nearly perfect, clean, and large with a full kitchen, small living room, king bed, bath with tub. The best feature was a wood burning fire place. Our stay was over two very cold wintery nights and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy the fire. (Logs available for purchase at the desk). The only slight issue was that we requested but did not receive an extra blanket because many others had made the same request and they did not have any more.

Many others described the layout of the facility, and this is a drawback for me. Our room was around the back of building 5 and about as far from the parking lot as you could get. It would be fine during decent weather, but during the snow, wind and extreme cold it was inconvenient. Because the hotel did not appear to be full, I wondered if we were put back there because I booked through Priceline. They did a great job of clearing the parking lot and sidewalks though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caleeo
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the room and the complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to St. Louis!

Adam Plous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Endicott, New York
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I would stay here again. Check in was quick an easy. Staff was always friendly. Housekeeping did a great job.

Breakfast and hospitality hours are next to the lobby area so odds are you'll be walking outside to get to them. Same for the exercise room. Weather may effect how you feel about that. Complimentary breakfast was good and I arrived to work in better spirits than those that stayed near the airport where breakfast was $15. The first night dinner was not well stocked. Salad ran out before I got there and entree and beer were hit or miss. The rest of my stay I didn't notice any issues. The Monday-Wednesday hospitality time was a nice perk.

There was a lot of traffic the last couple of miles getting to this hotel in the evening but mornings were easy. There are several restaurants within walking distance and a Trader Joes and Whole Foods within a mile or two. There is a Metro station almost next door that makes it easy to get in and out of downtown if you don't want to drive.

I had a studio room that had plenty of room. The sliding glass door led to a little patio by the parking lot and is likely why the temperature on that side of the room seemed to fluctuate a bit. In the kitchen area I could hear constant music from a neighboring room but that was the only area where it caught my attention. Highway noise (my room faced the highway) was constant but not bothersome. The bed was very comfortable. It would have been nice to have a corkscrew and/or bottle opener in the kitchen. The online fact sheet says the rooms have fireplaces but not all rooms do. If you want a fireplace make sure the room type you book specifies fireplace.

overall. I was working near the airport but wanted more space than an airport hotel provides and this provided it. With an early flight out I did move to an airport hotel the last night of my stay and that night made me appreciate the nights at this Residence Inn even more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank banc
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the spacious accommodations and the hotel location. We hope to see you again sometime!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I stayed for two months in temporary living and were very comfortable, safe, and satisfied. The staff was very friendly and met all our needs. The property was close to 5 stars except for a couple of minor issues. Coffee is average to poor, not sure why but it just isn't very good. Workout room is small with only three machines.

The couple of minors are fully outweighed by the positives. Great location with easy access to 170 North or 64 East/West. Several restaurants nearby. The major area mall is in walking distance. Great staff. Good breakfast with hot entrees every morning. Dinners three nights a week, also very edible for this type of venue. (we ate almost all our meals here when they were serving.).

The laudry room is clean and ample. The Pool is nice. There is a gas fire pit near the pool which is also very nice although we did not take advantage of it.

Bottom line - EXCELLENT to VERY GOOD!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hallercf
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and give us such great remarks. We were glad to have you with us for so long. Thank you again for staying with Marriott and we hope to see you again sometime.

manhattan
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The idea of this place is nice. The units are like little condos with kitchens, and upstairs loft where there is a queen bed, a master below and pull out couch. Our room is at the far corner of the property, in the rear and up an outdoor flight of stairs. So away from the main office. At the front desk, upon checking in, I was required to sign a waiver that there would be no more than four people staying in the unit, no parties thrown, and that the guest is responsible for any damage. I thought that was a bit odd, until we noticed that the two rooms below us seem to be a never ending party with a constant stream of people passing through. It seems to be an all day/all night thing. The activity seemed really not what I would have expected staying at a Marriot property because the activities off these people partying day and night seemed a bit "seedy". You would never know that this was a creepy place to stay by the look of it. It has the same appearance as any respectable second tier, smaller property of a big hotel corporation. We saw similar activity to what I described above in another unit. We would have complained or request to be moved but we were staying there one more night.
I would have to say the rest of our experience with the hotel was mixed. There are no pots and pans supplied in the kitchen. If you want to boil water in a tea kettle, you cannot. There is a coffee maker provided with no filters, so you have to use their crummy coffee in pods provided unless you want to go out and buy supplies for a 3 night stay. The mattress on the pull out couch felt like it was stuffed with metal bars so my daughter couldn't sleep the whole first night. The WiFi keeps dropping so we've been constantly having to refresh it. I would NOT stay here again, not recommend The Residence Inn by Marriot at the St. Louis Galleria!

Room Tip: If I HAD to stay at this place, I would request a room close to main building as rowdy people less l...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
RI_Marriott_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was so poor. I really wish that you would have contacted the Front Desk so that we could have taken care of your issue for you. Please contact me at the hotel at 314.862.1900 so that we can further discuss your list of issues with the property. Once again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Richmond Heights hotels

Orlando
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice location, safe but slightly dated property. Went to several rooms each of which had the distinct odor of tobacco smoke. Staff assured us the rooms " had been cleaned" . Stayed only out of necessity and other local properties already full.
Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask any property when they were built vs. when they became a non-smoking hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had an issue with a smoke smell in your room. The hotel is most definitely 100% non smoking since 2008, unfortunately some guests still decide to smoke in their suites. I am very sorry that we did not get that smoke smell out of the room before you checked in. Please feel free to contact me at 314.862.1900 and we can discuss further.

Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed 14 October 2013

fantastic service - we had studio rooms - it was neat and clean - refrigerator and dishwasher as well as sink and table, fireplace and dual closets - price was good and staff very friendly and helpful fairly close to malls and restaurants - has fitness room as well as a nice outside pool

Room Tip: they also offer family suites that have pull out hide beds and two bedrooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank svfv70
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much including the spacious room and our friendly staff. We hope to see you again sometime!

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2013

First the good: this hotel is well located, right across from the St. Louis Galleria, off a major highway. relatively close to the airport. The rooms have apparently been redone recently, are attractively furnished, and the kitchen area is very well equipped. Free wifi. Pleasant staff.

Now the bad: this is an old facility, two stories, and all rooms open to the outside. In addition, there seems to be no soundproofing at all. Noise from the outside, and pounding noise from upstairs at all hours. Some of the rooms are right next to a very busy highway and I think sleeping in those rooms would be a challenge. Finally - and this may seem picky but I have come to expect more from hotels - the sheets were scratchy, the kind that feel as if they have been washed a million times in very strong detergent.

I would not stay here again because of the noise, and general feeling of insecurity being on the ground level with direct access from the outside.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room in the rear of the facility, as far away from the highway...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DCvagabond1
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the spacious rooms, pleasant staff, and great location. We are sorry however that had issues with some noise and also with your sheets. In the future please notify the Front Desk about these things are our excellent staff will make sure that you have comfortable sheets and a quiet environment. Thanks again for staying with Marriott!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Brentwood
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
Hampton Inn and Suites Clayton / St Louis - Galleria Area
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!