“Big Cedar Wilderness is Off the Charts especially at X-mas!”

and 1 more site!
The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Big Cedar Wilderness Club any time of year is great, but Christmas is extra special. We spent X-mas at the resort and there were wonderful activities available to participate in that were free. Big Cedar had a Christmas Eve nondenominational ceremony in the convention center complete with hot cocoa and beautifully decorated sugar cookies. Santa pulled in on his horse drawn carriage on Christmas Eve. It is always fun to bring a bag of carrots or apples to feed the horses. We find the best deals for Big Cedar Wilderness Club on Craigslist St. Louis. We like the two bedroom lodge units the best as they offer the most space 1,350 square feet and two kitchens vs. the cabins 1000 square feet. Breakfast buffet at Devil's Pool was delicious for !3./person. A free shuttle on property makes getting around the resort a breeze. The cookie lady visits every evening dropping off cookies and you receive a free newspaper M-F at your door.

Room Tip: While an upper floor room is nice, any room at Big Cedar beats no room at all in my book.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nuftravel
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Hello nufftravel,

Thank you for choosing to share your Christmas with us and sharing your experience at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and the holiday events. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This location has something for everyone. Located right on Table Rock Lake with a private marina. This is a wonderful place, very comfortable rooms, excellent amenities. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: From the lower cost studio rooms to the extended family sized cabins, all of these accommodations ar...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Joshua D,

We are thrilled that you had a great experience at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. We are happy you enjoyed the comfortable rooms and excellent amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We live 4.5 hours away. We stayed Thanksgiving and were to return 2 weeks later with work. We forgot our bag with shoes in it. I called, the next day the sweetest lady called back and said she was putting them in lost and found and I could call Sal when I got back 2 weeks later and get them. I call him and tell him we are an hour away. We get there 1.5 hours later and Sal, the manager, tells me he hasn't had time but I can wait. I sit and wait 15-20 minutes, get the bag and go to my room. After going through the bag I realize I'm missing my son's new nike shoes. I call a total of 7 times, talking to several people, all telling me they will have Sal look and finally getting to talk to Sal he says he will call someone else to check. Needless to say none of my promised 7 calls were ever returned. I went to find Sal as I was checking out, he promptly looked down at what he was doing and told me "oh yeah, they said nothing else was found". He never once looked at me while speaking! I find it very hardto believe that that one pair of shoes fell out of my closed bag but regardless I deserve an answer!!! I have since emailed the address that is asked to be emailed at the end of all of these reviews, and guess what....no response!!!
I'm so disappointed because we spent our honeymoon here, we have spent almost every Christmas here and this past thanksgiving and I have to say, I think I'm done! I have never been treated like this, EVER!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank TRRIDER
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stay here a few times a year. The best way to stay here is to buy the week you are looking for on ebay. To get the most for your money go with the two bedroom cabin. They will bring wood to your door daily for the fireplace and you will have a nice sized grill on your back deck for grilling. Most cabins are close to Lazy River and the club house. There are so many activities on this resort you will have to visit many times to take everything in. The restaurants are excellent. The shuttle service makes everything easy. Boat rentals are a good price and it is nice to walk down and pick your boat up right at the dock. Cabins also get a nice welcome basket and drinks. So worth the little bit extra $. The spa packages are pricey but you won't be sorry, the products they use are organic and amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CRH2000
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Hello CRH2000,

Thank you for returning to Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar and sharing your review. We are delighted you enjoy the cabin accommodations and on-site activities and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again and sharing happiness on your return visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We have been owners for almost 10 years and we are appalled at the costs. Every year the dues go up and they were already very high, now we have to pay to bank any additional points when with a push of a button on a computer they can be saved. The costs at the spa are really over the top for the midwest and the cost of carriage rides went up. I understand inflation but, this resort is one of the highest selling/rental resorts in the midwest so I'm sure they make plenty of money off of us now, why can't some of the costs be deferred or lowered.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank madinkc
BluegreenCares, Manager at The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello madinkc,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. As owners we greatly appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback. We regret to learn of your concern and would like to further discuss. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I finally got to stay in a Cabin and now I know what all the fuss is about. They are church-mouse quiet and so comfortable you hardly want to go out. They give you a goodie basket and keep the wood supplied for the fireplace. They also have plenty of matches and other starter material. The Master bed was just like a Westin Heavenly Bed. I am not sure if it was a real one or not, but it was like sleeping in a cocoon. We had a bad kitchen faucet. The maintenance staff replaced it pronto. Nothing else wrong.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip A

Hello Philip A,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. We are happy you had a great stay in a cabin and enjoyed the accommodations so much you did not want to go out. We are glad we were able to fix the one issue you experienced. We hope to welcome you back and share happiness on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husbands parents are owners in The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar,. They gave us a week there for our Honeymoon, and I must say...I'll definately be back ! Everything was very clean, from the rooms, grounds, common areas. It reminded me of Disney Resorts minus Mickey. We enjoyed meals ad the restaurants, and the gift shop was very nice for shopping. We enjoyed brisk early autumn mornings on our private balcony that faced the marina and lake. I do recommend making reervations for any paid activity offerings waaay in advanc. Everything books up quickly. The shuttle service was very good, and essential in getting around the property. Everything is pretty spread out, and it takes a couple of days to get your bearings and lay of the land before you go wandering around in your own vehicle. They had big contsrutuction projects going on , building a big waterfall at the covered bridge, building a bridge at the new chapel, and building a new spa. It's understanable to improve for guests, however I didn't give 5 stars because the renovations were all going on at once, all over the place(perhaps 1 project at a time??) Not one person approached us regarding timeshare(much appreciated) service of staff was very good. Not really warm people, I believe it's a regional thing, but they did their jobs well. It's predominately very quiet there, which we loved. Once the sun drops there isn't much to do really, so I don't recommend to younger couples seeking nightlife. We hope to return next fall and rent a private cabin . The standard studio room was well equiped and comfortable for a hotel type room. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet at the Devils Pool restaurant more than once. It was only $12.95, and it was very good! We will be back :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the building closest to the Marina, it does not have a laundry facility available in it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MIKEANDSHER_12

Hello MIKEANDSHER_12,

We are thrilled that you spent your honeymoon with us at Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. We are happy you found everything very clean and the staff provided you with very good service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
The Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Branson-Hollister
Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills
8 mi away
Hilton Branson Convention Center

Been to The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar? Share your experiences!