“Another Good Meal”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: There has always been a small restaurant at the “Corner” in Riverside, Missouri. Enter Ed & Kathi Rule. They had never been in the restaurant business before, but they always felt they knew what good food was all about. It began on May 15, 1983, when they opened a little 40-seat cafe that served breakfast and lunch. The CORNER CAFE was born. Expansions and new buildings have been built, but we continue the traditions that started back in 1983. We strive to provide the best products, the best service, and the best value in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re part of the family.
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I had another great meal at the Corner Cafe in Riverside, Mo. My wife had the fried chicken diner and I had a cobb salad along with their great rolls followed by blackberry cobbler. Unfortunately it wasn't a day for my favorite Coner Special "Ham and Beans with Cornbread" a very tasty dish at an unbelievably low price. It's a special there several times a week and always great. Can't beat it for the price and you should get a load of the cinnamon rolls and sticky buns. Huge and very tasty.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We've been going to the Corner Cafe for years and years -- it's an amazing local treasure just outside of Kansas City, MO. Just good "down home" type cooking, great dinner rolls, and wonderful deserts and baked goods. There's nothing fancy here, and there's a fair chance you might get a waitress with an attitude (a fun attitude), but you won't go away hungry.

Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here and it was great. Parking lot looked full but it is a big enough place that I did not wait to be seated. Lots of food for the price, tasts great. The service was very good.
Cons: there is a smoking area and I could smell it when I walked in the building. Once in the non-smoking area I was good.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

A local institution in Riverside. Large and Varied Menu. Stick with thier specialty items like breakfasts and desserts and you will be satisfied.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is my second review of the Corner Cafe. I met a couple of high school classmates--one I hadn't seen since 1965!--for lunch and ordered the chicken fried chicken. Not nearly the best I've had and definitely not as good as other items I've had here before. The meat seemed like it was a processed patty instead of a real chicken breast and had a kind of meat loaf texture to it. Service was great and the sides that came with the meat were very good, so I'll definitely be back to the Corner Cafe when I visit KC in the future, but I'll be sure to avoid this menu item next time!!!!