“Stinky”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Kansas City, Kansas
“Stinky”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival the smell if tobacco smoke was awful. The ventilation was poor. The customer service desk had moved and it took forever to find it. It was my husbands birthday and unfortunately this casino does nothing special for birthdays. Very disappointing . The buffet was average at best and over priced.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alissa G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Some friends and I went to Kansas City for a Chief's game and decided to stay here. It's really nice and I had a lot of fun at the casino. The dealers and staff were very friendly and I never felt dirty or out of place. It does smell smokey, but that's what happens when you stay i a hotel that permits smoking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Hollister, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Check in was simple and check in staff was efficient. But that's where it all went down hill.
This hotel offers a beautiful room, and incredible shower. The bedding was soft, but never completely tucked in, so we could always see the mattress.
The bed was very hard, and I had a lot of pain every morning. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and both feel best up and exhausted!
Wifi is not free, in fact its quite expensive.
Being that I personally work within the hotel industry may make me more critical, however I know how things should be.

When a guest requests extra coffee with a note and a tip, give them the coffee! She took the tip attached to the note but ignored the request.

I won't be back to stay here, and would discourage my friends from staying here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CindyC3046
Gladstone, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for our honeymoon. We arrived late and had a long walk to the front desk. My wife had to walk in her wedding dress. The room was very nice and have no complaints. We didn't stay long, we left as soon as we woke up in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I'm not a gambler so I don't stay at that many casinos. I was in Kansas City on business and we were having meetings at the hotel, so that is where most of us stayed. We paid the same rate that we've paid staying at hotels right in downtown Kansas City, but the rooms were ten times nicer. Large bathrooms, walk-in showers, separate toilet rooms. Very nice lobby and several onsite restaurants were an added perk. The only thing holding me back from a 5 star review is they allowed smoking in the restaurants and didn't seem to even try to segregate smokers from non-smokers.

Room Tip: South rooms give you a view of the river and downtown.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Monty E
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Very large and luxury rooms. Super wide and nice bathroom. 4 restaurants, the best thing is the buffet, everyday. I just tried today the Lobster buffet, 4 lobster tails and other excellent meal choices on Thursday for $30USD !!!! All days like 20 dessert choices,,, outstanding. I really loved it. I will try to come with my family in the future.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Loved this hotel. I had a large room, and a huge stone shower with rainfall showerhead. My room rate included the breakfast buffet, and it may have been the best breakfast buffet I've ever had. Huge selection of food, made to order omelets, fresh fruit. Wifi was also included in my room rate.

Room Tip: King rooms have no view, ask for a room with 2 queens on a higher floor for a view of Kansas City.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tjstyphon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Harrah's North Kansas City
The Westin Crown Center
#10 of 108 in Kansas City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,113 reviews
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City? Share your experiences!