“Smoky Run down Furnishings”

Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Sarasota
“Smoky Run down Furnishings”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Reserved a deluxe queen non smoking room. What we received was a room that smelled like a dirty ashtray. Furniture was beat up and worn. Rooms are poorly insulated for sound especially the bathrooms where you could clearly hear the guests in the next room.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
loganville
Reviewed 10 April 2014

it had been years ago since being at the argosy, the hotel is nice
and the rooms are very good.bathrooms are super nice. they don't
have a pool or sauna. had dinner at the journey and food was very
good and the service was fantastic. all and all this was a pleasant trip.

Room Tip: get your rooms up high so you can see the river.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I stayed the other night, just to have a getaway. Check in was very easy, Cathy made everything seem like a breeze. I asked for a smoking room because of my husband, usually I never book a smoking room. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a great view. The room had a little smell, not as bad as I thought it would be, but it worked. The bed was soft and okay for the night, but the pillows were, one hard and one soft. Perfect. The bathroom was beautiful, the shower had a waterfall shower head along with a regular shower head. It also had a bench for you to sit. I always wear glasses and from the size of the shower, I was able to set my glasses on the bench and they didn't get wet. Check out was also a breeze. It was a perfect night getaway.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the smoking floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and efficient. The room was large and very clean. The shower was very cool. The restaraunts and casino were on site, which was very convienant. I would recommend staying here, as I plan to do anytime I am in KC.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East and North have better views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed 3 February 2014

She is rude, no help and will tell you that the horrible phone service is the way it is, because they are fielding all off the calls. My wife and i tried for over an hour at around 3 PM and a number of phone calls that went to an answereing machine to see what the check cashing policy was. We gave up and went to a bank as we traveled in. The front desk was over the top with service and politness and told us repeatedly to dial "0" if we needed anything, but when we called to just find out about a TV directory we could not get a hold of anyone for over 25 minutes. We pushed "0", room service, valet parking, wake up call, thinking our buttons did not work on our phone. Finally we got a live person and I asked for a manager and met the wrath of Pharra. It was all my fault due to them fielding all of the calls due to the weather coming tomorrow and them being busy. I asked her what the emergency button on the phone did and she said it goes to 911, but I would be afraid to try it if I really needed an emergency. We thought everything was great except the satisfaction of a horrible manager and her customer service with a major problem with the phone service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mike S
KANSAS
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed here for 1 night after a visit to the KU Medical Center. We were able to get a room on the top (9th) floor, very quiet and the floor to ceiling windows were a nice touch. The room was quite large and had a really cool shower. The location was a little ways from most everything but had easy access. We only ate at the sports bar and the food was pretty good (even late night). We didn't care for the casino mainly because all the machines were really old and not very appealing. Overall, we would stay again but gamble elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BGDUDE
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was a disaster at the point of check-in..,,They had charged me before the date we arrived, yet couldn't seem to find a reservation for us...so..we ended up with the type of room we didn't reserve...then in the morning my husband got in the shower and absolutely no hot water, so he decided to get out and wash his hair in the sink and again no hot water....we were in a non smoking room and it definitely smelled like smoke, plus the fan in the bathroom didn't work...the beds were okay at best...the breakfast buffet was ok at least the food was fresh...they do have some nice restaurants which kind of made up the lousy hotel experience...won't be returning here anytime soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jcronks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Harrah's North Kansas City
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#8 of 108 in Kansas City

Been to Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City? Share your experiences!