“Front desk service was terrible!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City

Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
“Front desk service was terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

There were ants the rooms, front desk didn't even offer to move us room or do anything about it just said deal with it! Terrible customer service, they told my wife to pack up and leave because they accused her for the reasons for ants. Not worth the price for the room had better service in other locations for the price

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I travel a lot and frequently stay in the Kansas City area. This is a great room and my needs are always met each visit. The rooms are always very clean and the staff accomodating and friendly. I will continue to book rooms at this location when I am in KC.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I booked a room on the internet as always. We always ask for a room with a recliner because my husband has back problems and can not sleep in a bed. When we arrived everything was taken care of as usual. The staff there is very great. We will always stay there when go to Kansas City.

Janet S.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rogers, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

After reading the previous couple of years worth of reviews, I was somewhat worried about stayng at this motel. We were down there for the race the weekend of April 21 and 22nd. However, there were no problems with this motel. It is what it is a basic economy motel. The rooms were clean as was the motel. There was no odor, which has been a consistent problem in some of the reviews the last few years. The pool was not in service as it is the end of winter and would not be expected to be. Breakfast is the minimum included in this style with muffins, bagels, white toast and coffee cake. There were 4 varieties of dry cereal and apple or orange juice. They have vending machines and a ice machine. The refrigerator in our room did not work and they were unable to provide a different one. The Argrosy Casino is a two hundred yard walk across the street. Access is easy enough off the main roadways. Water pressure was good and there was adequate hot water. It was showing it's age with the ceiling needing paint badly in our bathroom and some unrepaired water damage in another room which another couple in our group had. In summary, this is a basic motel for it's class. They do the minimum expected and really nothing more. But, it is not the nightmare that some reviews would make you think it is.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Mpls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a group of 10 people that went to the Nascar races in Kansas City and stayed here. We booked 4 rooms for 2 nights through travelocity. They managed to screw up our reservations. The manager at the Super 8 was very helpful with making sure we would be able to stay here for the 2nd night. He even gave the rooms to us 25% cheaper than travelocity. We had a couple of issues with the room but they we're taken care of right away for us. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked a room using my Wyndham Account as I travel alot, I was in town for a three day conference. I brought my wife with me as the conference was at the Casino across the street from this hotel. We should have left when the Manager was as rude as can be, as we walked to our room the scummy handy man had tools and equipment all over the hallway. The smell was terrible, we thought it might just be from the work so we put our stuff in teh room and it was just as bad. We left for a few minutes so I could register at the conference, we went back and my wife got sick from the smell. It was like vomit and urine in the carpets, the spray painting did not help.
I informed the front desk we would be checking out due to the unacceptable conditions and the smell. They informed me that I still had to pay for the stay. I did just to get the hell out of this place. Ended up spending much more at the Casino Hotel but the cost was worth it. I do not know how this place stays in business. Wyndham calls this hotel a Tier 3 for points and it is far from it. I can tell you I would not want my worst emeny staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: GO to Argosy Casino if you need to be in this area
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Terry M

Travellers are raving about these Riverside hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one tips the scale for horrible customer service. The general manager was not only extremely rude and unprofessional, but actually had me physically walk him to the room at 1:30 am to show him there were only 2 guests asleep in the room. He lied and made preposterous accusations and then upon check out he charged an additional $30 for having extra guests. This place is a joke and the general manager is a scam artist. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#57 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City? Share your experiences!