“Wonderful place I would recommend anyone stay at!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocheport
Amber House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Rocheport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The cutest little b&b ever! The photos on the website spoke accurately of amber house. I was scared a little because I had never heard of it til I googled b&b's in the area and crossed my fingers! Turned out to be wonderful! The owners are so hospitable and eager to help you and make you feel at home. The rooms were so well taken care of and I could tell they put it lots of love and attention to the house. Anyone should stay there at least once in their life!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank jannaeliz

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I was married at Les Bourgeois winery, so we received a stay at a B&B in Rocheport for our first anniversary. We scheduled it in conjunction with an event at the winery on a Saturday night. I picked Amber House because it looked modern and clean in the photos and the Jade room was attractive. The bathroom is extremely spacious with double shower with full body jets and double sinks. There is a TV/DVD player and you can borrow from the DVD library. There were four rooms on our floor, but we happened to be the only guest this night, so it was quiet. There is a mini fridge in the hallway if you want water or soda. We were given a key to our room and the main door, so we could come and go as we pleased.
Breakfast was delicious: omelet, bacon, tomato salad and bread, served with coffee and juice. Also homemade cobbler was for dessert. Check out is 11, which gives you plenty of time to eat and not feel rushed. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly.
This is the closest B&B to the winery, as you come into Rocheport, I believe, so it is a short drive to either the Bistro restaurant or the A-Frame.

1  Thank CoMoian
Reviewed 26 August 2010

After 39 years of marriage this was our first ever B&B experience. It was simply delightful. I loved that our Victorian house was only 5 years old, yet gave the feel of stepping back in time. The food, prepared by Mary the Chef, was delectable. Our beautiful room afforded us a relaxing escape from the "busyness" of our real world. We were looking for quaint and we found it at Amber House in Rocheport, MO. We loved our stay and are already talking about going back. Thanks, Mary.

Steve and Nancy Scott

Lebanon, MO

Reviewed 21 August 2010

My wife and I decided to stay at Amber House to celebrate an upcoming anniversary. We researched various B & Bs online, read the reviews and decided on Amber House because of the location, the beautiful home and well kept property. We are both non-smokers and were pleased that smoking was not permitted on the premises. Mary met us at the door and was very helpful, providing us with information about Amber House and the surrounding area. We enjoyed delicious breakfasts during our two day stay, and visited several establishments in Rocheport that Mary recommended...all were excellent. We enjoyed our stay, and will return in the future.
Mike and Gloria

Reviewed 19 July 2010

My brother and sister-in-law asked me and my fiance to join them on a 4th of July weekend to Rocheport.

I could not have asked for a better weekend and the biggest part of that is because of the Amber House. The beds were comfortable, the enviornment relaxing and the other guests there were just as friendly. We even had one of the other couples join us to play a board game in the dining room one evening.

There is plenty to do in the town and close enough to Columbia for the occasional "big city" events. I plan on going back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The Amber House will not disappoint. This was our first stay at a bed & breakfast and they have set the bar high for all others. The house is gorgeous and very welcoming. We looked forward each night to our cookies and coffee. Also, coffee is brought to the landing every morning or if you need a drink the fridge is stocked. I know these sound like simple things but it is the small thoughtful details that make the Amber House stand out. Well, that and the fabulous breakfast. The multi-course gourmet breakfast will not soon be forgotten. The hosts Steve and Mary are the nicest couple and will truly welcome you into their home and take care of you. We felt relaxed, pampered, and spoiled. We will definitely return and recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MB24_10
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Amber House Bed & Breakfast was wonderful. Very clean, friendly and comfortable with some extra amenities like cookies in the evening and fridges with water and soda available. It is very convenient to the Katy trail for a gorgeous leisurely bike ride to either Boonville or Columbia. Also, two excellent choices for dinner in Rocheport. Our two night stay was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Been to Amber House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!