“Definitely worth a return visit! (or visits)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocheport
School House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Rocheport B&B and Inns
Missoula, Montana
“Definitely worth a return visit! (or visits)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my 6th stay in the exquisite School House B&B (and it will not be my last) I was traveling with my partner, John and my 20 year old niece. We were driving from Tulsa, OK to Missoula, MT and drove a few hundred miles out of our way to spend two nights in Rocheport. John and I had both stayed there before and have always enjoyed the peaceful, comfortable, romantic atmosphere of the place, and the hospitality of the innkeepers, Mike and Lisa. We wanted to relax a bit before our long road trip. We got in early enough on Friday night to have a relaxing dinner in the A-frame overlooking the Missouri River. Watching the sunset over the river was a beautiful way to end a day of driving. The next day we got up (well, at least John and I did) to a wonderful breakfast at the B&B. We spent the day wandering around Rocheport's shops and walking part of the KATY Trail. That night we had a delicious dinner at Abigail's. After another wonderful breakfast (this time they served their signature stuffed French Toast), we were on our way, relaxed and refreshed. I highly recommend the School House B&B Inn. It is comfortable, relaxing, and romantic. While an old fashioned school house, it has the modern amenities of free Wi-Fi and flat screen TVs in the rooms (with cable). I will be driving out of my way in the future to stay here again.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the 11 room B&B. I have stayed in 4 of the rooms and all were spaci...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

repeat stay for one night - beautiful situation above the river on the Katy trail - gorgeous room with in room jacuzzi - wonderful hosts - biked a little, ate a lot, enjoyed the tub! It's just outside of Columbia, MO and an easy trip in for even more...

Room Tip: all the rooms are individualized - you can pick anything you want!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was my second stay here. So obviously I like the place. The innkeepers accommodated my dietary needs with no problem. The rooms both times were immaculate and comfortable, and the facilities overall were superb. I especially appreciated the fine shower room in the dorm building that was available to us after we checked out on our last day, so that we could clean up after a long bike ride before driving home.

Room Tip: We stayed this time in the "Hide and Seek" room, which was in the basement (but described...

1 Thank Yamachaser
Homer, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed two nights here with longtime friends and it was the perfect reunion location. The rooms were exquisite, the common area beautiful and nicely appointed, and the breakfast was so good- more than we could eat. We arranged for bike delivery and had a lovely ride on the Katy Trail. The location of this B&B is so great- the Trail is close by and there are so many wonderful little shops within walking distance.
One thing to be aware of is the hours of operation of the local shops and eateries- some places are not open every day, the small restaurants close after lunch, and there are no groceries or other basic stores nearby. The local winery has excellent food, which was a good thing as it was the only place to eat dinner!

Room Tip: The stairs to the upper floors are very steep and you will be carrying your own bags as the owners a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent one lovely evening here as a solo getaway, and I loved it. I was impressed by the special details that make this B&B extra welcoming and cozy: hallway window seats and a community room, a nice selection of DVDs to enjoy in your room, unfinished puzzles just waiting for someone to complete them, snacks and drinks available 24/7, a lovely patio, and a shed in the back for easy bike storage during your stay. The owners obviously care a lot about providing a special experience and they do a great job! I found it extremely relaxing and enjoyable, and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The Miss Edna room was perfect for me: it is a charming converted attic space, with a super comforta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went to Rocheport to bike one of the prettiest sections of the Katy Trail. It was awesome and even better to check in to the School House B&B once we got off the trail. Lisa and Mike were excellent hosts. The Inn is immaculate, well appointed, extremely comfortable and a very welcoming place. Rocheport is a very quaint town and we enjoyed our brief time there. We hope to visit there again.

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We only stayed one night in the Honor Roll Room but we loved it. The entire School House is so nice and we were so impressed with the attention to detail. They really have thought of everything and if you need anything else, they'll find it! We loved the back patio with the swing too. We will for sure be back and will send anyone we can!

1 Thank Carolyn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocheport
Hotel Frederick
The Broadway Columbia - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#8 of 35 in Columbia

Been to School House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!