“One of the best B&B's EVER! These people should teach a class!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocheport
Yates House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Rocheport B&B and Inns
California
“One of the best B&B's EVER! These people should teach a class!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Yates house with family for a wedding and I was blown away! The stay was arranged by other family members and our family and friends numbered so many that we pretty much took over both houses of the inn. This was our first time in Rocheport and what a quaint picturesque little town. We have stayed at many B & B’s and have been impressed with some and sorely disappointed in others, but I have to say this one pretty much wins out on all the others when you tally up all categories. The attention to detail is evident everywhere from the furnishings in the rooms to the decorations. Conrad and Dixie who own the inn and run it with the help of Dixie’s sister are quite the hosts, warm and friendly. I felt spoiled the whole time we were there. Conrad, you crack me up. Even though we arrived late in the evening our first night there you insisted on showing us how everything worked down to the smallest detail. You are proud of your inn and it shows. My wife’s cousin told us about Dixie’s cooking but wow! A lot of B&B’s serve up something for breakfast that sounds impressive but in reality…… I wish I could have Dixie’s cooking all the time but I would gain 30 pounds. By the way, Dixie has written cookbook and I made sure I got mine before we left. Those cookies Dixie makes don’t stay on plates very long. I’m pretty picky when it comes to beds because of my back but their beds are first rate with fine linens and covers and contrary to what one (misinformed) previous reviewer wrote there are no bed bugs here. This place is super clean and as corny as this sounds it reminds me of one of those articles you see in Sunset magazine. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience, I wish you were closer to home so we could stay more. P.S. Walk the short distance to the main street for shopping, homemade ice cream and live music in the evening, fun!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank its-all-good58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

My wife and I, and friends, have stayed at the Yates House multiple times. It is unexcelled. It's in a great get-away location, and provides us with opportunities to do things we like in a beautiful setting: GREAT theatre at nearby Arrowrock (the Lyceum), running, hiking, biking, relaxing ... along with truly wonderful food at the Yates House and at local restaurants. Yates House is a member of Select Registry ... which appears to be an outstanding quality assurance organization that looks after the interests of those of us who are prospective guests of B&Bs.

Cottonwood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed there with a lot of other family members - rented the whole place for the weekend. The food was fabulous, the rooms were immaculate and very cozy, the afternoon cookies were warm and delicious, and Conrad and Dixie are perfect hosts. They were like family too by the time we left; very personable and willing to meet any need we had. Wish they owned a B & B closer to us; we would definitely stay there on a regular basis. We would stay again without a second thought!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Rocheport, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

We have stayed at the Yates House B&B many times, either as a get-away for ourselves, or for a larger family get-together. We have experienced family weddings in Rocheport, and the Yates House has always been our favorite place to stay. The Inn is welcoming, the Innkeepers very friendly, and the home is relaxing, and even romantic. The food served for breakfast is nothing less than gourmet! Remember to control your appetite the night before, because, breakfast is coming... and it's worth being hungry for. Rocheport is a charming old historic town, and the Katy Trail worth experiencing. We look forward to returning to the Yates House often.

Rich Fountain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

We have stayed there 5 or 6 times and always come away talking about how great the stay had been. The rooms are immaculate and it seems they know just what you need to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I enjoy the Yates House so much that we go there at least 2 times a year (for the past 6 years). Dixie and Conrad Yates provide a quiet and relaxing environment. Every aspect of their B&B is "top notch"... from the beautifully decorated rooms,to the beautiful flower gardens, to the delightful breakfast (always made from "scratch")... No matter what our need might be, Dixie and Conrad are alwasy their to assist! It is NO surprise to us that they were awarded National Registry status! There are only four B&Bs in the State of Missouri that have reached this level of recognition. Truely a stay that you will never forget!\
Lynda and Steve Baumgartner

St Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I spent a great weekend at The Yates House experiencing a weekend get away. Unfortunately when I got back home I had all the small little red marks on my legs. So I went to the Doctor's and they said it was bed bugs. Since I didn't have them before that weekend and they didn't occur again I can only conclude that it happened when we stayed at the Yates House. I usually won't write a review, but if it saves someone else from this experience it is worth it .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
weluvbb, Owner at Yates House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
We are very surprised to receive this review. We are aware that bed bugs are finding their way into lodgings and have educated ourselves and staff about immediate discovery and treatmenht of bed bug infestations. We thoroughly inspect each room during complete cleaning and maintenance at each guest stay. Additionally, we are inspected by Lodging and Health Inspectors who tear down beds and search specifically for infestations. Our most recent Lodging and Health Inspection was July 23, 2010 and no evidence of bed bugs was discovered.
Because this complaint specifically cites bites on legs, it is much more likely these bites are from "chiggers" which are contracted by walking outside in vegitated ares of rural Missouri during the summer season. Bed bug bites are more generalized in location and would not typically be restricted to the leg region. The physician opinion may not have been well informed.
As a result of this complaint, I have reinspected all six guestrooms. We do not have bed bugs. We would welcome a phone call or email message from this guest for further discussion and reassurance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocheport
Hotel Frederick
Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Days Inn Boonville
Days Inn Boonville
#5 of 7 in Boonville

Been to Yates House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!