“AN AMAZING PLACE!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rogersville
Blackberry Creek Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Rogersville B&B and Inns
Nixa, Missouri, United States
“AN AMAZING PLACE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Blackberry Creek Retreat is my favorite place away from home! I have stayed there with other friends that scrapbook several times and let me say, we are NEVER ready to leave. We scrap, crop, paste, cut and EAT the entire time we are there. The bedrooms are upstairs, away from the scrapping area downstairs, so as not to bother anyone who feels the need for a little shut eye, occasionally.(the beds are so comfy!!) The innkeepers, Mark and Dixie, are amazing. They go above and beyond to make our stay awesome!!!! The food is delicious.(I've never eaten anything that I didn't like...he is an awesome chef) The location is unbeatable, with a country atmosphere that is so relaxing and beautiful. We always manage to spend some time outside on their deck, watching the tame squirrels and other interesting creatures scurry around us looking for food. What a wonderful and relaxing experience that would make anyone thankful to be there. I have traveled all over the U.S. and I have never stayed anywhere like this....perfect in EVERY WAY! I highly recommend this "happy place" to anyone! Trust me..you will want to return!!!

Room Tip: Any room is perfect!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Wow, time really flies. We've been meaning to write a review of Blackberry Creek Retreat since we had our wedding there...last July! Anywho, we heard about the B&B from a friend after being disappointed by our visits to other potential locations. When we met Mark and Dixie for our tour, we knew that it was the right place. They were extremely welcoming and spent time talking to us about our ideas and needs for the ceremony and reception.

We chose to hold both the ceremony and the reception there. The deck was a great place to hold the ceremony. We were able to fit our 125 guests comfortably under its big oak tree. It was a beautiful location that provided the green backdrop for our ceremony that we were looking for.

The lower level room offered adequate space for our reception dinner. Mark and Dixie prepared a delicious meal as well which made planning the event much nicer for us since the ceremony and reception locations and the catering were a package deal. It didn't have to be that way, but it was great for us. The dancing and reception activities were then held back out on the deck and patio which we lit with stranded lights.

It was also nice that some of our family was able to stay at the retreat for the weekend.

So, if you're looking for a low-key location for an outdoor wedding near Springfield, we'd recommend checking out Blackberry Creek.

Room Tip: Go ahead and get one of the larger rooms with a jacuzzi tub. Spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is one of the neatest places we've ever stayed. Mark and Dixie are great hosts and the food is fantastic. Mark goes all out to prepare inviting breakfasts that are both appetizing and very tasty, and they are always a cut above anything you will find most anywhere else. You can get away and relax while enjoying the quiet beauty of the Missouri hills, with beautiful trees and clear streams, but with easy access to numerous antique malls and shops in the area. The whole lodge is loaded with antiques and memorabilia and if you just want to kick back and enjoy doing nothing, it's great for this, too. This is the best place to stay between Dallas and St. Louis and you won't find any finer folks than Mark and Dixie!

Room Tip: We love the Compton Hollow Lodge room and always stay in it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank yahkeh
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Many people spend big bucks to get away to a hot sweaty beach, or others spend hundreds of dollars to stay in a big city for vacation. I live in Kansas City, not that this is a big city, but I don't necessarily want to go on vacation to a place where there are more people! Unless you rent a private beach, you will more than likely end up eating sand that people stir up as they run to the surf. The big city... ugh, seriously... I love people, but going to a jam-packed city to relax is not my ideal vacay.

I work for a church and the weeks leading up to Christmas Eve and Christmas (because it was on a Sunday this year) were stressful. After the holidays, I wanted to spend time with Mr. C far away from everything, get back in touch with my relationship and really reflect on what it is that blesses me the most.

So, I went on-line, googled: bed & breakfast, Ozarks, jacuzzi. One of the first places that came up was Blackberry Creek Retreat. I saw the fantastic jacuzzi and was like, booking now! Best get out of town decision I've ever made.

We arrived and the inn keepers were actually away in Jefferson City for a funeral. Being that I am a Pastor myself, I understand the importance of being able to attend funerals of loved ones. Mr. C. and I were not at all put out by this and actually really enjoyed the time we got to spend alone in this huge and comfortable home/hotel/retreat.

When we got there, I called Mark (the owner) and he gave me a guided detailed tour of the amenities offered over the phone. The man knows his place like the back of his hand. He had set out bowls in the kitchen area so we could have ice-cream if we wanted. So nice! However, we skipped the ice cream and headed for our huge luxurious room. We got completely comfortable and put on the complimentary robes and had a fantastic dinner of cheese and wine! Mark's detailed overview of the kitchen made finding wine glasses and a cork screw a piece of cake.

After dinner, we both lounged around and decided to take a nice relaxing dip in the "air-tub." After that, we hung out and then decided to go for a night drive along the twisty roads of the Ozark area.

We came back around 11:30, put in a movie and passed out on the extra-super-duper large KING size bed. I don't think I've had such a good night's sleep in a long time. In fact, it has been a week since we visited the bed & breakfast, and I still feel re-energized. I feel like I've caught up on all the lack of sleep I've developed over the past 15 years. I get up in the morning now and am ready for my day. I never knew a bed could do that to you!

Needless to say, Mr. C and I slept for about 10 hours without interruption.... so sweet.

In the morning, we were greeted by Mark who was awaiting us for breakfast. I think because of our vegetarian restriction, he went the extra mile! Scrambled eggs with slices of some of the most delicious red peppers on top of a portobello mushroom stuffed with feta and walnuts. In addition to that, we were served a Mark potato creation. Somehow, he took hash browns and mashed potatoes and put them together for a crazy delicious potato delicacy. Breakfast was also served with OJ, Coffee, Water and a side of fresh fruit. mmm.....mmmmmm.....MMMM!

Mark is an excellent host and we got to know him over breakfast. He was very nice and seemed really interested in us. I think Mark has found his calling in life and you can tell that he loves what he does. It is always a blessing when you love your work because it usually shows in all areas associated with whatever business you are in.

Based on the book I've just written here, I'm sure you can tell that we thought Blackberry Creek Retreat was the perfect get-out-of-town place to go. I took the brochure Mark had set out in our room and gave it to the Senior Pastor at the church I work for. I told him to take his wife for a weekend or weekday getaway.

Most bed & breakfasts are located in old Victorian style homes near historic tourist sites, but Mark and Dixie have created a modern and comfortable wonderland just thirty minutes east of Springfield away from the busy-ness of modern life. All the rooms are themed either after areas in Rogersville or the the families that lived on the homestead where the B&B is located.

This is the first time that Mr. C and I have ever gone to a bed & breakfast, and I'm afraid we have probably been ruined for any upcoming experiences. For the money ($109+tax... yeah I know, HOLY bargain!) we felt we lived in luxury and at the same time tasted a bit of heaven.

Let me give my typical review now:

Service: Best ever, super hospitable. They catered to our every need and went out of their way to make us probably one of the best vegetarian breakfasts we'd ever had.

Food: See above statement. Mark says he didn't go to culinary school, but I think he must have in a former life.

Would I go bacK??? YES! I am already planning my next escape.

Room Tip: Go the extra mile, get one of the rooms with an air tub.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angie C
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I looked at several places in the Springfield/Branson area for our wedding; Blackberry Creek was the perfect location. I'm originally from Rogersville and wanted to be close to home. His family lives in Virginia and would be traveling westward for our big day. We needed a place for his family to stay that was close to the venue, and Blackberry Creek fit all of our needs. Mark and Dixie just went above and beyond for our event. The beds were so comfortable and the whole place was just so inviting. The back deck was perfect for our wedding. We loved sitting around the fire pit socializing with everyone. And everyone remembers the food! Our breakfasts were very tasty, with something for everyone. At the end of our wedding weekend, when we left Mark & Dixie, it was as if we were leaving family. I highly recommend Blackberry Creek for just a weekend getaway or even a wedding.

Room Tip: Panther Valley and Compton Hollow lodge were the largest, but each room has a comfy bed and its own...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lansing, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I thank Mark and Dixie so much for two very special, magical days at Blackberry Creek Retreat Bed and Breakfast. We traveled from North Carolina for our grandson, Clayton's wedding. Just having my family under one roof, in gorgeous appointed rooms in a beautiful setting was the perfect place and made me very happy. Each room is decorated in a different theme and it was so much fun going from room to room to decide who got what room. I would love to have a week to come back and read the books in each room. So relaxing! You have created a perfect place for a wedding. Cordial, perfect service, incredible food, such a wonderful atmosphere -- a great feeling of warmth. The property is a gorgeous setting for a Bed and Breakfast, far enough out and away from town - quet and peaceful. We all were very pleased. Thank you.

Room Tip: Decides on personal preference.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Niangua, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

My husband and I got married here and it was absolutely amazing. Mark and Dixie were incredibly helpful and willing to help solve any problem that arose. Our guest absolutely loved the place and the food, they are still talking about it and it has been over a month. We will definitely be back and would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rogersville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#10 of 49 in Springfield
BEST WESTERN Route 66 Rail Haven

Been to Blackberry Creek Retreat? Share your experiences!