“Very disappointed with the food and service”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Rolla
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very disappointed with the food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Wow, I knew it was going to go wrong the minute we walked in. I took a good five minutes before anybody even acknowledged we had walked into the joint. Another fifteen minutes before they took our drink order and I cannot stress how flippant our waitress was,..holy cow! We then waited for 45 minutes for our food to come out and what a disappointment that was. I have never had beef Yakisoba so terrible in all my life. There was no Yaki sauce on the noodles,...?? What in the world. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Poor is right on course for this establishment. Patron be warned.

• Visited December 2013

“Terrible Service, Good Cheap Japanese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I recommend this place for lunch service. They have lunch bento boxes that are a very good value with a sufficient amount of food. My favorite is the chicken teriyaki, but whatever choice you make it will come with soup, salad, rice, and a side item (choices include california rolls, croquette, tempura vegetables, etc). However, don't anticipate it being a quick visit. The service is notoriously terrible here. Three hour visits during busy rushes are not out of the question.

• Visited February 2013
New York
“Excellent Japanese in Rolla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Absolutely competent and respectable Japanese cuisine in Rolla - no complaints at all about this entry, which could be located anywhere between San Francisco and New York -- or Europe.

• Visited August 2013
Missouri
“Excellent Japanese restaurant in mid missouri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

This has to be the best Japanese restaurant of anywhere I've been. I go for the sushi is always wonderful and skillfully made. My wife orders off the Chinese menu which is nicely done and flavorful. With a little persuasion they will go off-menu as well for Chinese food.

The only nit might be that the service can be a little slow or disorganized sometimes.

Visited December 2012
Joppa
“Great sushi roll options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Disappointed that I couldn't substitute the sushi roll in one of the combo meals, but I got two rolls instead and really enjoyed them. The crab rangoons were also excellent. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach when it comes to sushi.

• Visited April 2013