“Attractive interior but poor food”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 90 Restaurants in Rolla
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Nice thing about a college town; college students will eat anything. Kyoto is in near the center of the university area and probably gets a lot of business. My wife's sukiyaki was really bad and nothing like it should be - an off-taste soup of recycled ingredients. My chicken teriyaki was loaded with MSG probably in the sauce. Service is haphazard.

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We placed an order to pick up and it was ready in timen they do have good lunch deals...the fried rice was pretty good although they served a very very very small portion....but it was good.

1  Thank Mrs D D
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Pros: The sushi rolls are good and they have a good selection. The lunch bento boxes are a great value and fill you up. The miso soup is good. The cashew chicken is fresh. The salad dressing is good too. They also take phone orders for take out, but if you order dinners you won't get the soup.
Cons: Service is slow. Prices seem a little high on a couple of items. Its usually pretty chilly inside the restaurant.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Wow, I knew it was going to go wrong the minute we walked in. I took a good five minutes before anybody even acknowledged we had walked into the joint. Another fifteen minutes before they took our drink order and I cannot stress how flippant our waitress was,..holy cow! We then waited for 45 minutes for our food to come out and what a disappointment that was. I have never had beef Yakisoba so terrible in all my life. There was no Yaki sauce on the noodles,...?? What in the world. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Poor is right on course for this establishment. Patron be warned.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I recommend this place for lunch service. They have lunch bento boxes that are a very good value with a sufficient amount of food. My favorite is the chicken teriyaki, but whatever choice you make it will come with soup, salad, rice, and a side item (choices include california rolls, croquette, tempura vegetables, etc). However, don't anticipate it being a quick visit. The service is notoriously terrible here. Three hour visits during busy rushes are not out of the question.